Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MJistheBOMB" data-cid="86187" data-time="1358356938"><p>

Well, no, it was the same wording we saw the night it was filmed but of course when we repeat it back to you guys, it's not going to be the same. LOL. She never said, "...have sex with Amy in the future..." that was all me wording it wrong. LOL. She always used the word "physical." I would say it was a bit more dramatic than humorous, yes. Of course, there are lots of funny moments still but the over all feel of it: Leonard going off on Sheldon and then later Amy going off on Sheldon were pretty serious moments but that's just ME. You all may feel differently after it airs because we all can see the same thing and feel differently about it :-).<br />

<br />

Again, still a bit annoyed that not a single apology was given from anyone....no resolution. In the words of Raj, "NOT COOL, DUDE." LOL!. Other than that, I really enjoyed it because it was so awesome seeing Leonard say that he doesn't care about the stupid roommate agreement and throws it in the trash. He finally grew some balls there. It was kinda odd that the argument started over Sheldon spoiling a Harry Potter book though but whatever, it needed to be said. That and Amy's little rant to him...fantastic.<br />

<br />

Monique</p></blockquote>

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but to clarify: so Penny never, in that whole conversation with Sheldon, used the word "sex?"

If so, I just think it's interesting that the writers didn't make that question totally explicit. We are left wondering if Sheldon's understanding/interpretation of the term "physical" is the same as ours, wink wink. ;). After all, references the vapo rub incident, which I'm sure he didn't view as sensual in any way, as an example of how he's growing more comfortable with physical touch. We all know that he misunderstands and misinterprets this kind of thing fairly frequently.

Anyone share my curiosity/concern over this? I mean, are we certain that Sheldon admitted to what we all THINK he admitted to? Or am I way over thinking this? LOL...

Finally able to post...long work day

I am so happy for the progress of Sheldon.  He is no way ready for Amy to live with him.  He is barely coming to terms with his feelings with Amy, finding his sexuality.  Sheldon is still learning, and it scares him.  I dont blame him..moving in with someone is a big step. And it normally leads to sex.  Maybe Sheldon thinks living with someone is like marriage and wants to wait till he and Amy are married first.  IDK.  I am so excited with all these Shamy goodies.

All I'm saying is....he could have handled it better,,

Good Post...more scoop, getting me more antsy for 6 x 16 - I neeeeeeed to know what the gift Amy gives is and what Sheldon does to ease said tension.

HOW FAR-RAH WILL SHELDON GO? | As the season moves ahead, the status quo just won’t do for Sheldon and his lady. “We have two episodes with Amy and Sheldon really pushing the boundaries,” Bialik says. “Honestly, I’ve been surprised.” Though it’s not clear whether Sheldon will forge the final frontier, so to speak, the actress hinted that “Shamy” definitely will undergo some changes. “[The show] wanted to introduce some tension into their relationship and, as it’s always been, Sheldon’s reaction is totally not what I would have expected,” she says. “But it’s still super consistent with him.”

http://tvline.com/2013/01/16/the-big-bang-theory-season-6-spoilers-simon-helberg-sheldon-amy-trouble/

It sounds like she's definitely talking about 6x14 and 6x15. Because we reacted just like she did. lol. They are really going all out with these sweeps. I am glad though that 6x15 came before V-day as it seems that V-day might bring things back to a more relaxed place with the "sweet moments" that have been hinted at.

I think Mayim is mainly talking about 6.14 and 6.15 because the interview was likely done before the table read since it came out pretty much the same day or very next day.   I suspect she was talking about the other two episodes.   When she used the word "tension" I wondered at the time if she was talking about actual "tension" or "sexual tension" because they may be building some of that between the characters as well.  

I agree with Spook  who talked about the maturity level of both characters.  While Sheldon just clued the audience in that he is working on a plan...Amy's plan has been more from a "ideal" viewpoint.  In other words, she has a plan to have them be married in 'exactly four years' and she has dreams about them being together, but I think she has looked at everything from a "romance novel" viewpoint and not reality.   I think when she is actually faced with moments when Sheldon is ready to "sexually advance" them, she may turn "shy" about it because she is just as inexperienced as he is and has only thought about it from a "ideal dream" situation and not really looked at whether she was truly ready physically and emotionally.   Like others have said, just her logical negotiation shows that she is thinking from a different perspective than Sheldon.  He is evaluating his feelings (like he said to her in 6.02...he knows his feelings) and not from a "dream" perspective.  I think she is looking at it based on "ideal romance" she has built in her head verses thinking about her feelings.  

Neither have talked about feelings they have for each other.   I think that may be one of the areas they are going to dance around the remaining of this season.   Eventually they are going to have to have that discussion, but they can draw things out for quite a while, building more sexual tension that way.

• Like 3

After seeing the episode 6.15 taping report, I'm beginning to believe that Leonard is one of the most emotionally tortured characters that has been on TV for a long time. His upbringing by his loveless mother, the problems with past relationships, and the way Penny is all over the place with him, all this would make him the perfect character for the show Crimminal Minds as a guest serial killer of woman.

After seeing the episode 6.15 taping report, I'm beginning to believe that Leonard is one of the most emotionally tortured characters that has been on TV for a long time. His upbringing by his loveless mother, the problems with past relationships, and the way Penny is all over the place with him, all this would make him the perfect character for the show Crimminal Minds as a guest serial killer of woman.

He really is tortured, isn't he?   Poor guy can't seem to get a break and just have someone love him for who he is (other than Sheldon).  That is probably why he sticks it out with Sheldon.  Sheldon just accepts all of his quirks and shortcomings.   I hope Penny can explain herself to him at some point and what her hang-ups are.  It think a lot of the audience wonder about it as well as he does.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

all this talk reminded me of an interview I saw the other day to Bill Nye (the science guy) and the interviewer asked him about Sheldon and Amy. He mentioned that he really enjoyed their "romantic tension". I agree with him, i do feel that there is already an underlying romantic-sexual tension there. It is getting more noticeable with each episode, Sheldon is being a bit more callous around Amy and his awareness of his feelings makes it more evident. I really felt that with Fish Guts. I'm sure Jim was working it as a subtext, probably the writers had given him tips on how Sheldon was supposed to feel, But maybe it's just me (and Bill Nye)

• Like 1

Basically this in a nut-shell.

Exactly--people want them to suddenly sit down and have some kind of deep conversation about their feelings?  They've barely begun to skim the surface in that regard in their relationship.  Sheldon can barely say that he cares about her well-being, etc.  How would he negotiate trying to parse the subtleties of feelings he is only beginning to understand?  And then explain such things to Amy in a way that would avoid hurting her feelings.

It reminds me of his reaction to her dinner scheme--finding himself making those emotional connections she was aiming for, and then his paradoxial reaction to the "playing doctor" scene--"I'm in hell...don't stop"

He wants her in his life, just not in his 24/7 life, yet--but I think that he hasn't been faced with the question until she just invites herself to move in.  Thinking on his feet emotionally is not one of Sheldon's strengths.  So, it's not surprising that he doesn't have an immediate answer for her and that he can't easily come up with one.

All I'm saying, I'm not one of the "Poor Sheldon" people. When alot of people wanna hug him, I wanna slap him.  Not in this instance....all I'm saying all 4 of them handled the situation not well, but I'll wait to watch before I say much more. 

All I'm saying, I'm not one of the "Poor Sheldon" people. When alot of people wanna hug him, I wanna slap him.  Not in this instance....all I'm saying all 4 of them handled the situation not well, but I'll wait to watch before I say much more. 

I think that while he shouldn't be excused from learning to behave or to step up or whatever, it's understandable that he just doesn't know how all the time.  Just because he "needs" to grow up doesn't mean that he has had the right impetus before.

On the one hand he's had this odd, sheltered, emotionally stunted life because of his intellectual prodigy childhood, and on the other hand, there's just something amiss.  I'm not saying that he's got Asperger's or anything like that, but just that for whatever reason, he really has to work at things that for others may come more naturally, so he's always going to be behind the curve in that area.

Even in "normal" life, some people are naturally more empathetic or have a higher "emotional IQ" than others.  Sheldon has a high intellectual IQ, but an abysmally low emotional IQ.  I think that if he hadn't had Leonard as a roommate and Penny and the guys as his friends, he'd be even more horrible than he was when Leonard met him.  He'd be more clueless and much less able to negotiate the emotional world around him.

So, while he shouldn't necessarily be allowed to get away with being an a$$ all the time, it's certainly understandable when he misses a clue or doesn't know how to proceed.  He's not emotionally deft.