Sheldons reaktion to DC comics Reboot

Starchief2900

I really want to see how Sheldon copes with the reboot of dc comics in a episode.. in s2 e20 and especially s4 e11.. the dc universe are almost like a relegion to him... so when the WHOLE universe is changed in dc, everything is reset, nothing he read as a child is valid.. no multiverse, no infinate crysis and so on and on and on, THAT fellow nerdswould really send him off balance

:-D

I don't see Sheldon being able to be outraged. I'm sure that DC Comics give permission to TBBT to use their names and likeness. With Sheldon (and the show) being so popular I don't think that DC wants (MORE) of that kind of negative press. HOWEVER, if Sheldon did indeed live in the real world, it would be like the world as he knew it would be destroyed. I don't think he COULD handle it. WHEN Sheldon defined "WELTSCHMERZ" to Leonard, it would never have been more true then now with him and DC 52. After all I gave up on DC years ago when they killed DOVE who was MY favorite.

I don't see Sheldon being able to be outraged. I'm sure that DC Comics give permission to TBBT to use their names and likeness. With Sheldon (and the show) being so popular I don't think that DC wants (MORE) of that kind of negative press. HOWEVER, if Sheldon did indeed live in the real world, it would be like the world as he knew it would be destroyed. I don't think he COULD handle it. WHEN Sheldon defined "WELTSCHMERZ" to Leonard, it would never have been more true then now with him and DC 52. After all I gave up on DC years ago when they killed DOVE who was MY favorite.

if you like DOVE why not pick it up again?? the new 52 hes back everything and every one is there again :-D im not saying outraged but that he would be VERY UPSET nd then ends finding something about it he likes... that wouldent be bad pub on the otherside it would make people more aware it happened (the reboot i mean) and thus very likely to increse sales from people who gave up on DC acuatly kinda like you :-D and people who dont read them to see hey it could be worth a try AND i can be with it from the begennig

DC gets plenty of publicly from the show but they don't have influence. The guys are constantly debating nerd culture and there are as many negative remarks as positive ones. Especially from Sheldon. I can see Leonard, Raj and Howard liking the new books but I'm not sure what his reaction will be. I hope they mention the reboot, maybe at the comic book store. Sheldon could say anything. 

DC gets plenty of publicly from the show but they don't have influence. The guys are constantly debating nerd culture and there are as many negative remarks as positive ones. Especially from Sheldon. I can see Leonard, Raj and Howard liking the new books but I'm not sure what his reaction will be. I hope they mention the reboot, maybe at the comic book store. Sheldon could say anything. 

See this is all so interesting, as I had no clue about the reboot (not having read a comic book since my mother gave away my collection in the Great Betrayal) I'm going to give them a whirl; definitely on board for Batwoman:icon_biggrin: Sheldon will definitely have many, many opinions about this.

See this is all so interesting, as I had no clue about the reboot (not having read a comic book since my mother gave away my collection in the Great Betrayal) I'm going to give them a whirl; definitely on board for Batwoman:icon_biggrin: Sheldon will definitely have many, many opinions about this.

you def should it started last november we are up to th 12th issue this month so plenty of time to catch up and get the earlyer one too :-D

I know that comics aren't real but lets just pretend that 40 years ago I found a Dog, Chihuahua (DC) and I named it DOVE. For 20 years we were best friends until DOVE, trying to save others died and got buried. Fast forward to last Nov. when cloning became popular to everyone. I dug up Dove, got a few cell samples, went to Clones-R-Us and had DOVE cloned. Now cell for cell I have DOVE back. BUT its just the body NOT the mind (that I remember) of DOVE that I have now. With different memories DOVE becomes a Different Creature (DC). I MAY start having new adventures, but the old memories are still buried (except in MY mind). It will NEVER be the same. Without the past all DC has done was bury the old universe(s) and cloned a new universe (AGAIN). Sorry DC but memories mean something to me (and I think Sheldon would agree). PS I will pick up an issue or two just to check the "new" DC, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I know that comics aren't real but lets just pretend that 40 years ago I found a Dog, Chihuahua (DC) and I named it DOVE. For 20 years we were best friends until DOVE, trying to save others died and got buried. Fast forward to last Nov. when cloning became popular to everyone. I dug up Dove, got a few cell samples, went to Clones-R-Us and had DOVE cloned. Now cell for cell I have DOVE back. BUT its just the body NOT the mind (that I remember) of DOVE that I have now. With different memories DOVE becomes a Different Creature (DC). I MAY start having new adventures, but the old memories are still buried (except in MY mind). It will NEVER be the same. Without the past all DC has done was bury the old universe(s) and cloned a new universe (AGAIN). Sorry DC but memories mean something to me (and I think Sheldon would agree). PS I will pick up an issue or two just to check the "new" DC, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

i would recomend Jusitce league or Aquaman

As we speak I have been rereading JLA YEAR ONE (a revamp) with BLACK CANARY instead of WONDER WOMAN, whatever, no big deal. NOW the're revamped them AGAIN? $20 down the drain! I've been scanning the new DC and I'm NOT thrilled. I already have the original GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW stories, so no need for the graphic novel. When it comes out as a 1 book novel I might pick up the BEFORE WATCHMAN series. I will probably pick up SWAMPTHING, as long as his daughter doesn't exist, that was going TOO far even back then. Now for what I've seen of HAWK AND DOVE. No, nope, no way, not a chance (maybe in the quarter bin in 5 years). It ain't HAWK AND DOVE if it ain't HANK and DON HALL (DON was MY hero growing up). Also let it be known that I own a copy of: The DC Comics Encyclopedia - The Definitive Guide To The Characters Of The DC Universe UPDATED AND EXPANDED! How much is still "definitive" and "updated"? Was that also a BIG Waste of money too? How much of Sheldon's collection of DC comics is no longer "definitive"? I still think it will be more then he can handle! OLD SCHOOL DC ROCKS!!!