The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

Have any of you got any pets?

About 3 mths ago we had to put to sleep our 19year old cat, it was very sad. Which left us with our 12 year cat and about 2 weeks ago we went out and got ourselves a 5 mth old kitten.

Kittens are cute! i got mine when they were 6 weeks old, the lady i got them from had several cats but it just so happened that the mother cat and daughter cat both gave birth within a a few days of each other so i just took 1 from each

I love dogs as well, as well as my full time job i often house/dog sit for people and use my holiday time to do it in

I have two cats, they are brothers from the same litter. 7 years old and still cuddly as kittens.

They're called Ant and Dec (UK members will get it).

Wouldn't be without them. Faithful, non barking, non smelly companions.

I have a Deer Chihuahua called G.G. (short for Good Girl). She was abused for her first 2 years. When we first got her, she totally ignored me, was afraid of everyone, would hide if she saw a belt. She still doesn't like belts, she wants everyone to pet her, and she would like nothing better then to be surgically implanted on my arm, so I would always hold her . She is also our towns security dog (yes, I know she's small, but we live in a small town).

I have a six year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called Zelda. She is a black and tan and has a very sweet nature.

I used to have a cat, he was so clever, definitely the Sheldon Cooper of cats. He could open a door by stretching up and pulling the handle down with his paw. No one taught him to do it or anything, I didn't realise cats could be so smart. I don't have any pets now.

I have five cats. Buddy, 8 years. Ellen, 2 years. Emma, 2 years. Thackery Binx, 2 years. Tommy, 3 months. I watch my sister's chihuahua a lot. Her name is Jalapeño.

I have a 5 year old ferret, Molly.

I'm fostering a dog long-term, and she was pregnant so I have her and her her eight week old puppies. I had to give them names that start with the same letter, because that's how the rescue wanted it. So they are Thor, Tegan, Tesla, and Tori.

I have five cats. Buddy, 8 years. Ellen, 2 years. Emma, 2 years. Thackery Binx, 2 years. Tommy, 3 months. I watch my sister's chihuahua a lot. Her name is Jalapeño.

I'm fostering a dog long-term, and she was pregnant so I have her and her her eight week old puppies. I had to give them names that start with the same letter, because that's how the rescue wanted it. So they are Thor, Tegan, Tesla, and Tori.

Blimey, you have a clowder!!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

I have 2 cats, Benny and Hazel. Wait it gets more ineteresting.

I also have five hermit crabs. :D Ishmael, Ahab, Delilah, Sumar, and Valentine. and they are AMAZING pets. I have had Sumar and Delilah and Valentine for about four years I think now, and Ish and Ahab for about two. They can actually live anywhere from 10 to 30 years with proper care!

We also have 3 goldfish and a tiny tetra.

And if it were up to me, I would also have two corn snakes, named Johnny and Thor. But SOME people are sissy about snakes in this house. -_-

EARTHCAKE, Can you tell the difference in the sexes of hermit crabs? Can you breed them at home? Just wondering.

EARTHCAKE, Can you tell the difference in the sexes of hermit crabs? Can you breed them at home? Just wondering.

Yes you can tell the different sexes. Here's a link with photos that describe the easiest way to tell if your crabs are female or male.

http://www.hermitcrabparadise.com/crabcare/anatomy/gender.php

That is a great site by the way. Better than any care sheet or book you'll find.

It is possible to breed hermit crabs in captivity, but the proper conditions are difficult to replicate, and it is rare that the zoea live after hatching. If feeding and environmental conditions are right, male and female crabs will mate. However, to lay her eggs, and for the eggs to hatch, one must have a very complex marine habitat to care for them. The female would lay her eggs in a large salt water pool, which would need to be checked for PH and salinity often. It would also have to have tidal motion and wave action. The zoea need to be hand fed plankton and raised carefully until they become air-breathing specimens. At which point, you would need some very very tiny shells for the tiny crabs.

On some hermit crab sites and forums, caretakers have reported zoea hatching, and some even living, but there are no official published documents on crab breeding. As a result of it's rarity and difficulty, all pet hermit crabs are collected from their natural habitat. You can however adopt hermit crabs, like you can every other animal.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

this is the new member of my family :D

?size=l

I also have other 3 breedless dogs, 1 poodle, 1 bombay cat and a lot of fishes, but I don't have pics of them in this computer :(

Yes you can tell the different sexes. Here's a link with photos that describe the easiest way to tell if your crabs are female or male.

http://www.hermitcrabparadise.com/crabcare/anatomy/gender.php

That is a great site by the way. Better than any care sheet or book you'll find.

It is possible to breed hermit crabs in captivity, but the proper conditions are difficult to replicate, and it is rare that the zoea live after hatching. If feeding and environmental conditions are right, male and female crabs will mate. However, to lay her eggs, and for the eggs to hatch, one must have a very complex marine habitat to care for them. The female would lay her eggs in a large salt water pool, which would need to be checked for PH and salinity often. It would also have to have tidal motion and wave action. The zoea need to be hand fed plankton and raised carefully until they become air-breathing specimens. At which point, you would need some very very tiny shells for the tiny crabs.

On some hermit crab sites and forums, caretakers have reported zoea hatching, and some even living, but there are no official published documents on crab breeding. As a result of it's rarity and difficulty, all pet hermit crabs are collected from their natural habitat. You can however adopt hermit crabs, like you can every other animal.

EARTHCAKE, Thanks for all the info. I hope you enjoy your crabs (hermit) for many years to come.

?size=l

I also have other 3 breedless dogs, 1 poodle, 1 bombay cat and a lot of fishes, but I don't have pics of them in this computer :(

Soft puppy, cute puppy, sleepy....

?size=l

he/she is gorgeous, is it an alsation?

Blimey, you have a clowder!!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

Oh, shoot! That's something I should know.

You know, now that I have one.

LOL. :D

?size=l

aww hes so precious :icon_cheesygrin:

Not anymore :( I grew up with a lot of pets though, I used to have 7 dogs and a cat. One of the dogs is still alive, she is very old now - and she has given birth to many cute puppies, who are all grown up I think.

Oh, yeah! s e v e n :)

five dogs and two kitties.

Cats: simese, Bella and a calico, Snicker's. Both female.

Dogs: Sir Puggsly (I call him Sir sir or Puggsly if I don't want to call him by his full name haha, yes he is a pug.). Gia, (red nosed pitbull. She's my youngest animal.). Kai (siberian husky, male). Cocoa (my oldiest, he's 13. He's pomeranian, chihuahua, and dutch hound.) Chica (Female chihuahua, she chocolate and cream coloured.)

Edited by ShennyxBazinga