How accurate is this drawing?

haylazmask

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Sheldon & Leonard's rooms seem to be one next to the other, they seem to share a whole wall

Sheldon & Leonard's rooms seem to be one next to the other, they seem to share a whole wall

Hello.

I have seen many episodes to make this floorplan and I can tell you that the set of the hallway has changed every time it appears in an episode.

Sometimes with a shape and sometimes with another one.

But Sheldon's doore appears everytime parallel to the bathroom door and Leonard's door in a wall 90º to the right.

Or this one at the end too:

Actually I can't find the episode in wich appears the shape that I¡ve drawn (with the fond of Sheldon'sn closet) but it exists.

Another one:

At the end you can see Leonard leaving his bedroom.

Do yo noticed that his door is 90º respecting with Sheldon door ???

As it is drawn in my floorplan.

That looks incredibly well done to me!

Especially taking into account that the actual set is in fragments, and just wouldn't add up normally. And also the thing about the bedrooms. Architecturally it works, but then you have those episodes where they talk through the wall almost as if their headboards were back to back.

That looks incredibly well done to me!...

Yes, It's a TV show and the bedrooms are moveable sets.

It's not a real building.

You can see clearly in many episodes that Sheldon bedroom is rotated 90º respecting to Loenard's bedroom.

As here:

Or here at the end too:

Actually I can't find the episode in wich appears the shape that I¡ve drawn (with the fond of Sheldon'sn closet) but it exists.

If the bedrooms are place like this it's imposible to comunicate wall by wall.

In fact they shared a little portion of wall..

Remember again:

It's a TV show...

The rules and the sets are changed according to the screenplays...

That looks incredibly well done to me!...

Yes, It's a TV show and the bedrooms are moveable sets.

It's not a real building.

You can see clearly in many episodes that Sheldon bedroom is rotated 90º respecting to Loenard's bedroom.

As here:

Or here at the end too:

If the bedrooms are place like this it's imposible to comunicate wall by wall.

In fact they shared a little portion of wall..

Remember again:

It's a TV show...

The rules and the sets are changed according to the screenplays...

I feel the floor plan actuate with the writers, However the writers don't stay totally true to scale. Penny's Apt is on the Entrance side or street side of the Building according to the Lobby. Yet all window to street are on Leonards side of the building. We can Nit Pick it to death, but what good would that do it is only a TV show.

I'm not sure where you live but California apartments are known for thin walls (at least some of the ones I've lived in). In the past I have been able to hear neighbors from across the apartment. If the bathroom were to be a little wider, Sheldon's room a little bigger and Leonard's just a bit smaller they could easily talk to each other. Architecturally speaking the South (down) side cries out (ALMOST DEMANDS) for 2 more units. I can see you spent a LOT of time on this. Great job!!!

I've seen your other works. You do such beautiful and detailed work. I was wondering, could you exstrapulate (sic) the floor plan to include another elevator north of the current one and add 2 more apartments. Would it fit? Would it fit in like a real apartment building? If anyone can it could it will be you. It would explain the amount of mail boxes.

I've seen your other works. You do such beautiful and detailed work. I was wondering, could you exstrapulate (sic) the floor plan to include another elevator north of the current one and add 2 more apartments. Would it fit? Would it fit in like a real apartment building? If anyone can it could it will be you. It would explain the amount of mail boxes.

Thank you very much for your comment...

I think there is only one elevator in that block of apartments.

In the portal we see that there are 16 mailboxes (4 per each floor) so all the neighbors come through that portal.

I have already drawn other 2 doors (the apartments 4C and 4D in the landing.

And if there was a second elevator, they used it instead the stairs, isn't it ??

Or maybe was broken too...

Did I overlook the other 2 doors in your works? I'd love to see it. As Think I've said somewhere else to you about Apt. C & D., the floor plan cries out for more Apts. I've been in buildings with one main lobby and up to 4 elevators going to different areas (North, East, West, South Concourse). The "North" side of your building design looks too uneven to be the outside of a building. But i'm probably wrong.

Did I overlook the other 2 doors in your works? I'd love to see it. As Think I've said somewhere else to you about Apt. C & D., the floor plan cries out for more Apts. I've been in buildings with one main lobby and up to 4 elevators going to different areas (North, East, West, South Concourse). The "North" side of your building design looks too uneven to be the outside of a building. But i'm probably wrong.

Don't think in a building...

There is not a building...

It is only a compilation of different sets built in a soundstage...

If you think in the exterior of the building, in his square shape, everything fails...

I have seen many episodes to make this floorplan and I can tell you that the set of the hallway has changed every time it appears in an episode.

Sometimes with a shape and sometimes with another one.

But Sheldon's door appears everytime parallel to the bathroom door and Leonard's door in a wall 90º to the right.

Or this one at the end too:

Actually I can't find the episode in wich appears the shape that I've drawn (with the fond of Sheldon'sn closet) but it exists.

But everytime the bedroom doors appears rotated.

In fact, in my floorplan, both apartments share a portion of a wall.

In many hallway secuences in the show the doors are semi-opened and you can see part of the interior the furniture distribution.

Is easy: If the doors are not in the same line, in the same wall, if the doors are in angle, the bedrooms are in angle too. Not side by side or alligned like in a hotel.

The chair to the left of Penny's settee (in plan perspective) is missing.

Other than that, I find this floor plan pretty much dead on.

If you refers to the greean armchair (The "Skruvsta" armchair by IKEA) this furniture normally appears at the left of the set, between the sofa and the kitchen.

This armchair is placed here by purposes of scenery cause the audience are situated in the middel of the 3 sets (Penny's apartment + Landing + Sheldon & Leonard apartment).

Other times appears in the other side:

Skruvsta

But I prefered to put it as in a real apartment and I draw this chair in the angle behind the door.

See the floorplan again and you can see the circular green armchair in the inferior angle to the right, close to the entrance door and with a circular cristal coffee table between the armchair and the TV set in front of the sofa.

Thank you very much for your comment...

I think there is only one elevator in that block of apartments.

In the portal we see that there are 16 mailboxes (4 per each floor) so all the neighbors come through that portal. I have already drawn other 2 doors (the apartments 4C and 4D in the landing.

And if there was a second elevator, they used it instead the stairs, isn't it ??

Or maybe was broken too...

In the Dead Hooker Episode L&S had a Actress move in above them on the 5th floor. Therefore there must be at least 5 floors. In other episodes the roof shots give no clue to the size, shape or lay out of the building. There could be 8 floors with 2 apt each for a total of 16 mail boxes. But then this is a TV show and the writers and set designers can take libereties.

nice drawing, except that there is no window that Sheldon opens to create the breeze for his spot

(0:27)

There are two windows in the living room and the two appears in the drawing.

The big one at the bottom of the set (where the telescope is) and a litle one on the wall of the kitchen (to some interior ventilation patio or something like this cause wee can see a brickwall opposite the window) and near to Sheldon's desk.

You can see the two here:

Sheldons-Apt-BigBangTheory-1024x682.jpg

bbt-boys-kitchen-copy.jpg