The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.01 The Date Night Variable (Sept. 27)

Your episode rating  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

I saw red danger flags flashing:

I thought outsourcing the date to Raj was pretty bad (hysterical though) but then going Dutch was another sign when Sheldon not only is famous for not caring about money, lends it easily (to Penny or buys her dinner) & has been through Cotillion; he knows exactly what a gentleman should do: pay. Amy pulled her big card: the break-up. How many times can the writers have her threaten to do this without it becoming utterly lame and dull? I go for status quo for Shamy.

It would be fun if either Amy helped Raj with his mutism or they go to a day spa together & he helps her with hair, dress tips, etc. His metrosexual ways paired with Amy could be lots of fun.

Leonard's called a girl & a groveller; brutal. I portend break-up.

Yep, no doubt about it. We'll have the Shenny by mid-season. :icon_wink:

(...and no peaking at the spoiler threads....)

Edited by BangerMain

I thought the episode was quite funny. Loved Raj and Stuart!

Yes I'm a little sick of Penny too, if I was Leonard I would have broken up with her - jeez he does so many nice things for her, but she is seriously acting like a child.

• Like 1

I don't think Sheldon and Amy splitting the check was bad. I split the check or take turns with my bf everytime we go out. I don't like nobody paying for my stuff, even if it is my boyfriend. I have my own money, thank you.

I think Amy would be like that too, she has a good job and a good paycheck every month, why should Sheldon pay for it? "The Gentleman Should Pay" stuff is SO last century. It was a costume back when women didn't work and obviously couldn't pay for stuff (or in the case of Penny, is too much used to mooching).

This is exactly what I've just been writing on the other forum.

Told ya, we're soulmates. :)

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

This is exactly what I've just been writing on the other forum.

Told ya, we're soulmates. :)

we are, that's why we are married in a platonic poligamous marriage Pom!!! :)

Edited by Sursonica

That was a disappointing 4 month wait. Boring episode.

I love Leonard and Penny but wow she can be a real horses ***. Here you have Leonard who wants to talk about things and she just shuns him away. It's like she just likes the idea of a boyfriend but not really having one.

I left wondering if they are going to make Raj gay since being straight has been a flop.

I wasn't blown away either. Penny is trying to avoid facing up to Leonard, I think there's something coming. An answer as to why she keeps being an ass to him or they'll split again. :( guess they want to sort this out early on this season. Leonard's not going to let it go until he gets his answer. I'm glad he's pushing her, we are all sick of her being like this and I'd rather they split up if that's her attitude.

Raj was camper this episode but i just can't for the life of me see Stuart and him as more than friends.

I thought Raj had to be hammered out of his gourde to talk to girls? It seemed like he talkked to Amy before he was drunk. It was funny though how he was the voice of reason. As drunk as he was, he was pretty right. Poor Leonard, maybe Sheldon was right, he is chasing the impossible dream. But Penny has been with him twice. It's obviously her. She must be insecure. I know in the beginning Leonard wanted her to go to college, but I think he's gotten past that whole my girl has to be as smart as me thing. They have learned different things from each other.

I read something that Penny's career might change, i'm afraid of that, I feel like she may become some uber douche or something towards everyone. I think her character could use some stability/work(hell, I think they all could) They have done some nice work on the guys, but they had nothing to lose there.

With Raj, it's more of a placebo effect with the alcohol. As long as he has it in hand and takes a sip, he's good to talk to anyone. LOL. Remember that time on the train, he thought he was drinking beer and he wasn't?

Monique

Ahhhhhh, routine. Welcome back, my friend. Good times.

I missed my routine...same as missing my GoT routine on Mondays...but that won't be fixed until April 1st

Anyways, good to be back!

we are, that's why we are married in a platonic poligamous marriage Pom!!! :)

I'm missing a 'nod' icon. :)

I thought Raj had to be hammered out of his gourde to talk to girls? It seemed like he talkked to Amy before he was drunk. It was funny though how he was the voice of reason. As drunk as he was, he was pretty right. Poor Leonard, maybe Sheldon was right, he is chasing the impossible dream. But Penny has been with him twice. It's obviously her. She must be insecure. I know in the beginning Leonard wanted her to go to college, but I think he's gotten past that whole my girl has to be as smart as me thing. They have learned different things from each other.

I read something that Penny's career might change, i'm afraid of that, I feel like she may become some uber douche or something towards everyone. I think her character could use some stability/work(hell, I think they all could) They have done some nice work on the guys, but they had nothing to lose there.

When Sheldon and Amy got to the restaurant, Raj said that he had started without them, which meant that he already had had a drink.

I think you misunderstood the episode. Leonard's reason for advocating Penny going to college was because he found out that SHE had told Sheldon that she felt insecure because of Leonard's educaton. Leonard was trying to help. It had nothing to do with a "my girl has to be as smart as me" thing and it never has.

• Like 1

I agree with the post above that getting amy and raj together as friends to help each other would be cool.

I wish sheldon had explained to amy why there was a loophole in the agreement. It didn't seem like him not to explain it, and he seemed very quiet on the date until amy forced him to talk. I guess that is why he wanted raj there because he was uncomfortable.

funny episode, i lol'd a lot.

although:

Get real, if I was in space (SPACE ffs!!!) I would not be putting up with some screechy bint on the phone. Howard just say "Sweety...I DON'T CARE...I'M IN SPACE!!!!"

Have howard look at the earth out the window and have some indication of him missing bernadette (if this must be done at all).

• Like 1

Go Sports !!!! :D

Remembered that line in the car on the way to work tonight. Almost crashed into a McDonalds >< giggle

• Like 1

I agree with the post above that getting amy and raj together as friends to help each other would be cool.

I wish sheldon had explained to amy why there was a loophole in the agreement. It didn't seem like him not to explain it, and he seemed very quiet on the date until amy forced him to talk. I guess that is why he wanted raj there because he was uncomfortable.

My understanding regarding the loophole is that the relationship agreement doesn't specifically prohibit a third person from joining them on the date. Therefore, it is allowable.

Sheldon had already explained the loophole when he invited Raj. Considering there is only about 20 minutes to cover 4 relationships. I think the writers actually handled them all very well.

After watching the episode a few times it looked like Penny actually felt bad she never said ILY to Leonard. Then when Raj kept yelling at her there was no way she was going to admit it. But that is fine because since they have made the fans of L/P wait so long for her to say it, I want it just between the two of them in a very special moment.

Edited by SodidIwin?

Alright episode, but not much laughter for me. Amy is getting really annoying. If were Sheldon, I would say something like "Have you looked in the mirror?!" Raj is becoming more and more weird. Sheldon and the Russian astronaut were responsible for any funny moments in this one. I think the next one will be better though.

Edited by zoomerxvii

Go Sports !!!! :D

Remembered that line in the car on the way to work tonight. Almost crashed into a McDonalds >< giggle

Oh yea forgot about that one it was hysterical!

I really liked the episode. I had some great LOL moments. It wasn't their best but a very good episode to kick off the season. I did like the stuff between Howard and his mother..That stuff nhever gets old.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Alright episode, but not much laughter for me. Amy is getting really annoying. If were Sheldon, I would say something like "Have you looked in the mirror?!"

thank heavens you're not Sheldon then. That's harsh, and extremely mean

He explained it but they cut it out. They also cut out a pretty amusing exchange between the guys in the cold open about how it would affect them if Howard gets hit by cosmic rays in space and becomes a super hero. Oh, well.

Anyway, I went to the taping of this episode and I thoroughly enjoyed it. When I left the taping, a lot of issues felt unresolved but I took it as kind of a jump board episode that lays out all the story lines that will be explored this season. Not a LOL episode, but it'll serve its purpose in hindsight.

He explained it but they cut it out. They also cut out a pretty amusing exchange between the guys in the cold open about how it would affect them if Howard gets hit by cosmic rays in space and becomes a super hero. Oh, well.

Anyway, I went to the taping of this episode and I thoroughly enjoyed it. When I left the taping, a lot of issues felt unresolved but I took it as kind of a jump board episode that lays out all the story lines that will be explored this season. Not a LOL episode, but it'll serve its purpose in hindsight.

They also left out the eyelash curler jokes, remember?

I like the "fairy hoohah" one, personally.

glad to see leonard trying to push hard

to get penny to talk. (grow a pair)

what about raj he was going hard to say (p/l ily)

that they had slept together.

who kick raj out:leonaed, penny, or both of them?

welcome back--jacks, superlovelexi

lexi-are you going 2 finsh your story

I think that though he really does like her, the Relationship Agreement allows him to proceed within his comfort zone while Amy gets him to agree to some of what she wants.

But, that means that Sheldon will always seek to get things his way as far as he can, just like he does with Leonard and the Roommate Agreement.

He was looking for a way to satisfy Amy's wishes without having to do it all himself.