The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.01 The Date Night Variable (Sept. 27)

Your episode rating  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

I just rewatched this episode. Nice strong start for Raj, Kunal must have been excited when he saw the script, that's the most he has had to say for a long time.

I wonder with that speech that Sheldon gave to Amy did he mean any of that? Or was he just saying it?

Why does Leonard try so hard? I feel so sorry for him, he's a nice guy and although I like Penny I just don't think she is good enough for him, does it go back to Kurt? Is she scared to say I love you because she thinks Leonard will do what Kurt did? I did like that Raj gave her a bit of a telling off, I think she needs to be told that yes you're pretty but you know what Leonard actually is a very good guy you are lucky to have him.

'

The weakest parts to me were Howard/Bernadette and his mum, a little of her goes a long long way.

Too bad we didn't get to see any physical contact -- wasn't that what they were supposed to do on their date?

Ah :icon_eek: You are so right! What's that?! :icon_evil:

"We have to have a physical contact, that the others may get like romantical" or st...

Edited by Frieda

All in all I thought that it was a mediocre episode. I seriously doubt that a few weeks from now anyone will be referring to any of the scenes as one that was memoriable.

Pretty much the same way I saw this episode. It was just an other one of the re-runs I been watching all summer long. As the season Opener it needed something more. From reading the spoiler Threads I know that something more is coming.

Too bad we didn't get to see any physical contact -- wasn't that what they were supposed to do on their date?

I wondered the same thing.

Monique

They also left out the eyelash curler jokes, remember?

I like the "fairy hoohah" one, personally.

??? Nope, I don't remember those at all, much less in the cold open.

I found Sheldon splitting the check with Amy to be a postive, not a negative. To me it shows that he see's her as an equal.

While I rated the episode very good it did not for me hold up as well on repeat viewing as many other episodes do.

By itself there is nothing wrong with going Dutch but in this context it helps to paint a picture.

In retrospect; it's sad that we have Howard in the space capsule & nothing about space, astronauts all that cool stuff; it's all his mother/B. Wasted opportunity. The episode was funny at the time but not fun.

I really liked Amy in the episode where she dates Stuart, she's strong, smart, in control. Season 6 Amy is sad, frustrated, demanding & Sheldon doesn't look any happier. That's not fun. Maybe they will repair, I don't know.

• Like 1

I really liked Amy in the episode where she dates Stuart, she's strong, smart, in control. Season 6 Amy is sad, frustrated, demanding & Sheldon doesn't look any happier. That's not fun. Maybe they will repair, I don't know.

Well, we have five years to find out :icon_wink:

Edited by BangerMain

In retrospect; it's sad that we have Howard in the space capsule & nothing about space, astronauts all that cool stuff; it's all his mother/B. Wasted opportunity.

You're right. The struggle between Howard, his mom, and Bernie is going to be perpetual fodder all season. It's a shame they wasted an episode where HOWARD IS IN SPACE!! on the same plot that will doubtless be a focus of the season for those characters.

I did like the episode but it was definitely more of a setup-for-the-season than just plain funny.

glad to see leonard trying to push hard

to get penny to talk. (grow a pair)

what about raj he was going hard to say (p/l ily)

that they had slept together.

who kick raj out:leonaed, penny, or both of them?

welcome back--jacks, superlovelexi

lexi-are you going 2 finsh your story

Thanks, :) Glad to be back, yes I plan been super busy and out of town just got back this week so I plan to start working on my story again. hopefully I can find some time to write in between everything else.

I wonder with that speech that Sheldon gave to Amy did he mean any of that? Or was he just saying it?

I was just rewatching this ep and I was trying to pay close attention to JP's face to see how he was playing that scene.

When Amy said that she'd be done with him if he didn't say something from the heart, he did look a little stunned, and then of course, he chose to try to say something. I don't think he was doing it just to get a ride home. If he didn't want to continue the boyfriend/girlfriend thing, he had a way out right there.

That tells me that though they weren't his own words, he chose to say them in order to preserve or continue his relationship with Amy.

It's hard to say to what degree he actually feels the way the words imply, but one could argue that quote occurred to him for a reason. Was he simply calling on a similar scene from a movie he liked, or did the quote occur to him because he actually feels that way?

It's hard to say, but I think one could argue that he felt at least some degree of what he was saying.

I was just rewatching this ep and I was trying to pay close attention to JP's face to see how he was playing that scene.

When Amy said that she'd be done with him if he didn't say something from the heart, he did look a little stunned, and then of course, he chose to try to say something. I don't think he was doing it just to get a ride home. If he didn't want to continue the boyfriend/girlfriend thing, he had a way out right there.

That tells me that though they weren't his own words, he chose to say them in order to preserve or continue his relationship with Amy.

It's hard to say to what degree he actually feels the way the words imply, but one could argue that quote occurred to him for a reason. Was he simply calling on a similar scene from a movie he liked, or did the quote occur to him because he actually feels that way?

It's hard to say, but I think one could argue that he felt at least some degree of what he was saying.

I hope so. This bothers me too. Like a Shamy-shipper I want him to feel it, he just does not understand it. But if it's really so. I'm sure he feel something romantic on his way, and I like it. It's just so amusing to see one so "not like the others" couple...

I voted very good. On the plus side, the writers did what they needed to do to id the open issues from S5 and lay the ground work for S6.

Raj finally got some way overdue airtime…that he knocked out the park. The scene where he confronted Penny was hilarious. Prior to Raj’s comments, I thought the whole Leonard and Penny scene was going to be just another “oh,crap..not again” scenes. Hopefully, it will be the start of something different for the L/P will they / won’t they saga.

Leonard and Penny were pretty much spot on. Johnny seems to have a new haircut. Kaley looks really trim and fit. Wow.

The space capsule was pretty cool. Howard and Bernadette were both good, but the H/B/ Mrs. W. stuff is getting old.

Sheldon and Amy's dinner date was hilarious. Amy was very good, Sheldon seemed a bit off. Damn, Jim has been really hitting the gym.

The only sour note was Raj and Stuart at the end. Not sure where they are going with this.

??? Nope, I don't remember those at all, much less in the cold open.

Okay, my friend was telling me last night she didn't remember it either and after thinking really hard I remembered it's from another episode. D'oh. After seeing them all I get mixed up.

I've just managed to see the first episode online. Fantastic! It really cheered me up as I have a very sick mother at the moment and I really needed a Pick me up. Well done guys!

Just seen this episode. Loved it. Howard has got himself into a bit of a mess! Should be interest to see how it pans out. Sheldon and Amy... same same!

I've just managed to see the first episode online. Fantastic! It really cheered me up as I have a very sick mother at the moment and I really needed a Pick me up. Well done guys!

Sorry to hear that, I hope she gets better soon!

This show is definitely a mood enhancer in times of need.

• Like 1

Please join us again soon suezelda, :wub:

Thanks guys for your best wishes for my Mum. I'm flying today from Switzerland to the UK to see her. I won't be online for a week but I really hope you enjoy the new episodes of TBBT and I will catch up with you all when I get back.

I love this episode! I love the part when Howard was floating in the spaceship that was awesome but the best part was when Sheldon said something meaningful to Amy and I was like uhhh! that's so sweet but it came from the lines of spider-man movie! I fell for that part and I was laughing. I thought Sheldon had learned to express his affection to Amy but I was wrong. :icon_razz:

Edited by alisaperne

In this episode Howard Wolowitz appears floating in the International Space Station. I was wondering is it possible to create zero gravity environment on earth?

Did they use some hollywood stunt to create such a scene?

Just curious to know! :icon_idea:

Take care, suezelda!

I love this episode! I love the part when Howard was floating in the spaceship that was awesome but the best part was when Sheldon said something meaningful to Amy and I was like uhhh! that's so sweet but it came from the lines of spider-man movie! I fell for that part and I was laughing. I thought Sheldon had learned to express his affection to Amy but I was wrong. :icon_razz:

I have a question about this. It's generally considered not only okay but even romantic, if a guy quotes poetry or Shakespeare to a girl to express his feelings. Even if the words are not his own, he's certainly not accused of faking it (unless he doesn't cite the source!)

Then why would Sheldon's quoting of Spiderman be considered any less romantic and sincere? These movies are what has been closest to his heart all his life, after all. :)

Take care, suezelda!

I have a question about this. It's generally considered not only okay but even romantic, if a guy quotes poetry or Shakespeare to a girl to express his feelings. Even if the words are not his own, he's certainly not accused of faking it (unless he doesn't cite the source!)

Then why would Sheldon's quoting of Spiderman be considered any less romantic and sincere? These movies are what has been closest to his heart all his life, after all. :)

I think that's why Amy said she'll take it. :)