The Big Bang Theory Forums
walnutcowboy

DOCTOR WHO FANS

I'm sorry to say, that the places that had them, no longer do.  I think it was a limited run and they are all out of them.  

• Like 1

I should have remembered this thread sooner ! There has been a marathon on for a while now at least in the US. it started with season 2 with Rose. and it will end on Oct 7th 2018 with the NEW DOCTOR and shes going to be female !

Thank goodness for my DVD otherwise I couldn't have gotten any sleep. well back to the TV !

On 8/23/2012 at 9:28 AM, Sherminator said:

To me doctor Who has always been doctor Why Bother.

I don't watch it nowadays.

Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker are my favourite Doctors.

And of course, Sarah Jane Smith is my favourite companion.

CrrfIO6WgAQwea7.jpg

:maninlove:

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

I didn't start watching DOCTOR WHO until Rose was his companion. He has had up and down seasons/companions, but I am still a faithful Watcher. 

I remember William Hartnell as The Doctor and his granddaughter Susan plus two of her teachers as companions. My favourite companion was Sarah Jane Smith.

Thank you both, you make me feel so young. OR they never showed DOCTOR WHO over here.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, joyceraye said:

My favourite companion was Sarah Jane Smith.

Yep, Sarah Jane was awesome.

Even her name was perfect. It rolled off the tongue, much like the name of a certain cute bespectacled neuroscientist, with hair the colour of mud.

So sad Elizabeth Sladen is no longer with us. :sad: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Yes, she has be missed !

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait until the marathon is over.It has been nice to see all the clues that were set up in earlier episodes come to full fruit. But the New DOCTOR makes HER appearance tomorrow. It will probably take me another two days to totally catch up with all the shows I've missed, but my brain is just getting too full (LOL).

• Like 1

I thought it was wonderful the way the teenage actors from The Sarah Jane Adventures fielded the calls on the special phone-in programme  when Elisabeth Sladen died. They were as knocked for six as everybody else. Only the producer had been told when ES was ill and then when she recovered it was decided not to tell anyone else. Her relapse and subsequent death were unexpected. She was going to record a radio episode with Tom Baker only that week.

After seeing the new female DOCTORs first episode, I think it was OK but I DID NOT like the fact that it left us with a cliffhanger. IMO After 13 days of watching (well I'm still watching) the least "they" could have done was let us judge the show after the first episode. 

There's  always a cliffhanger is there not ? At least after the first episode in a new series with a new Doctor getting new companions ?  Ididn't think it was all that  cliffhangery, considering.

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

There's  always a cliffhanger is there not ? At least after the first episode in a new series with a new Doctor getting new companions ?  Ididn't think it was all that  cliffhangery, considering.

You are right about there almost always being a cliffhanger, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I think after watching the marathon I just had the show too built up in my head. "Not being all that cliffhangery" ? They are stuck in space without the TARDIS ! That's a cliffhanger to me.

1 hour ago, walnutcowboy said:

You are right about there almost always being a cliffhanger, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I think after watching the marathon I just had the show too built up in my head. "Not being all that cliffhangery" ? They are stuck in space without the TARDIS ! That's a cliffhanger to me.

Do you mean the Cardiff half-marathon ?

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Do you mean the Cardiff half-marathon ?

This marathon went on for 13 days leading up to the 13th DOCTORs unveiling.

10 minutes ago, walnutcowboy said:

This marathon went on for 13 days leading up to the 13th DOCTORs unveiling.

Hah ! A TV stack. Must have been the association with Torchwood that made me think of Cardiff and the rift in said city that allows Daleks and time-travellers through. The Cardiff half-marathon this last weekend was in the news. How many Doctor Who episodes did they show ?

15 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Hah ! A TV stack. Must have been the association with Torchwood that made me think of Cardiff and the rift in said city that allows Daleks and time-travellers through. The Cardiff half-marathon this last weekend was in the news. How many Doctor Who episodes did they show ?

I saw that too, but I think a bit sooner, along with Torchwood: Children Of Earth, all 5 days in 5 hours. As far as DOCTOR WHO episodes, they showed from Rose Tyler forward, with reruns (of said reruns (LOL)) during the late nights. It was nice to see plot ideas come full fruit in later seasons all crammed into 13 days (for me 15 1/2 days).

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 2:44 PM, walnutcowboy said:

After seeing the new female DOCTORs first episode, I think it was OK but I DID NOT like the fact that it left us with a cliffhanger. IMO After 13 days of watching (well I'm still watching) the least "they" could have done was let us judge the show after the first episode. 

I still would have liked to have seen a two hour first episode, but after seeing the second episode I enjoyed how it ended. I think I can get used to this new DOCTOR if she can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, walnutcowboy said:

I still would have liked to have seen a two hour first episode, but after seeing the second episode I enjoyed how it ended. I think I can get used to this new DOCTOR if she can.

To the best of my recollection I have never known them make a two-hour episode and I've been watching since 1963.  I see they're back to an ordinary Yale-type lock on the TARDIS door. The Doctor is always a little bewildered after regeneration but she'll settle in soon. I just hope for her sake she doesn't encounter The Doctor's wife or grandchildren - although perhaps with their knowledge of Time Lord biology they'll understand. It's  the in-laws who'll be most surprised.

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

To the best of my recollection I have never known them make a two-hour episode and I've been watching since 1963.  I see they're back to an ordinary Yale-type lock on the TARDIS door. The Doctor is always a little bewildered after regeneration but she'll settle in soon. I just hope for her sake she doesn't encounter The Doctor's wife or grandchildren - although perhaps with their knowledge of Time Lord biology they'll understand. It's  the in-laws who'll be most surprised.

I've enjoyed it when "they" have put together two or three episode reruns and showed them as a single show. 

I stared watching when Rose joined the DOCTOR so I don't remember any time a Yale key was not used, except he has been known to snap his fingers and once using a remote key fob to open the TARDIS. 

I agree, I can't think of anyone objecting to the DOCTOR being female given the series history and belief system. There was one episode where a Time lord become (past tense) some kind of big lizard guy., so apparently they don't even have to stay looking like us humans.   

• Like 1