Do any of you work from home beyond your official hours?

rachelshamyfan

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I do sometimes, depending on the work load. My company gave me a laptop exclusively for work and loaded with everything I need in case I need to work from home, if we are struggling to reach a deadline and I need to work on the weekend for example... and once a week I get to work from home too, at my own choosing.

YEARS ago, when work was slow, the company I worked for had given me a job that needed (A LOT) of parts soldered onto large circuit boards. I could complete2 boards a day. There was enough work to last 2 months. I asked my boss if I could take the parts home under the condition I would be done 2 weeks early. He agreed knowing that part of the time it would have taken to commute I COULD be working (for "free"). Once home, my wife and I set up an assembly line and while watching TV finished all the boards in 2 weeks. I spent a month home with my wife (with pay) and my company got their finished boards 2 weeks early. And when worked picked up I still had a job. A win/win/win situation.