The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Im_not_crazy

The happy/excited/bursting with joy thread! :) :)

I am so proud of my oldest son (Octavius) who won double gold medals today at Alabama State Brazilian Jiu Jitsu championship. He was the smallest (141 lbs) and the oldest guy there and he beat everyone in open weight without giving up an points.

I am so proud of my oldest son (Octavius) who won double gold medals today at Alabama State Brazilian Jiu Jitsu championship. He was the smallest (141 lbs) and the oldest guy there and he beat everyone in open weight without giving up an points.

Awesome!!  Go Octavius!!

• Like 1

Tell him congratulations from me.

I hope he's not breaking the walls as he's bouncing off them (he seems capable to do that) !

I'm excited...my 5th grandchild was born 11/22/13.  Her name is Jazmine.  Mother and baby doing well... :dancer:

Oh Kasey, I don't know how I missed your post.

A big congratulations to you.

• Like 1

Today I woke up with a good mood!! :) Maybe because I got some rest maybe because on Monday we are not supposed to work where I live cause it is a celebration. :) But the fact that in the evening I will watch a new TBBT ep helps!!!!!!

My son Octavius had his first match after receiving his blue belt (a little over a month ago) and he won a Bronze Medal out of a field of thirteen.  

• Like 2

My son Octavius had his first match after receiving his blue belt (a little over a month ago) and he won a Bronze Medal out of a field of thirteen.  

Awesome!!!

• Like 1

Awesome!!!

Thanks Kasey, I am so proud of him.  He is a little upset because he wanted gold ---- kids.

• Like 1

That's great. He sounds competitive, a good trait if he's going to be doing matches. Tell him congrats.

• Like 1

That's great. He sounds competitive, a good trait if he's going to be doing matches. Tell him congrats.

Thank you so much, Tensor and I will tell him.  Man I can't tell you how competitive my son is, he make Bernie look tame. lol

CONGRATULATIONS from me too !

@ ARMYGIRL, the way your last post was worded is why I wrote the PM.

I don't know exactly why, but I am happy today. So, So happy.

Edited by Disgusted

I don't know exactly why, but I am happy today. So, So happy.

Disgusted - happy?  Isn't that like an oxymoron?

:bye:  :kiss:

In a very happy mood because the high school I graduated from 5 years ago is the first school in any classification in Texas to have both the boys and girls State Championships in the same year three times (sometime in the 80s/90s, last year, and this year)

And below are a few pictures from the event which also including a senior signing

10255739_10152424100804533_5566265788592

10155577_10152424074919533_6350861652460

10312422_10152424109064533_1243713814716

And this is a great way for Coach Jeff Miller (the boys' golf coach and one of the teachers I had when I was in school) to end his coaching career since he is retiring at end of the school year.

I'm happy because I have a TBBT Season 1-6 Blu-ray box set on its way to me RIGHT NOW!

Oh and also this is pretty good news too :-D

5abemy2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My daughter just got cast in "Hair". For those who know the show, she's playing Sheila. She has two solo songs, "Easy to be Hard" and "Good Morning Starshine". Rehearsals start in two weeks during the run of her current show. She will spend the day at one theater rehearsing, and then get about a half hour to eat before running off to another theatre where her current show it running. Hair will run to the end of July, which means since the beginning of October, she will have worked 40 of the 44 weeks in theatre, plus a couple of local commercials. She's actually making a living at being an actress. Not a lavish living, but a living.

• Like 6

My daughter just got cast in "Hair". For those who know the show, she's playing Sheila. She has two solo songs, "Easy to be Hard" and "Good Morning Starshine". Rehearsals start in two weeks during the run of her current show. She will spend the day at one theater rehearsing, and then get about a half hour to eat before running off to another theatre where her current show it running. Hair will run to the end of July, which means since the beginning of October, she will have worked 40 of the 44 weeks in theatre, plus a couple of local commercials. She's actually making a living at being an actress. Not a lavish living, but a living.

Congratulations for your daughter Ten!!! That's wonderful!! I am really glad that she can do what she loves and make a living out of it!! I have a really high opinion about theatrical actors probably cause I love theater. Hope she is always successful!!!! :-)

Edited by Cecilia

Yay!!! Spurs beat the Mavs in round one of the playoffs!!! We kicked their butt in game 7 final score was 119-96 :)

My almost 12-year-old had his Ukrainian dance recital this afternoon and did awesome! This was performing in a theatre in front of hundreds of people (part of an overall afternoon of Ukrainian dance and culture), and as both the youngest member of the teen group and the only new-to-dance-this-year kid in the group (most of the kids started several years ago, whereas he started 8 months ago) I am just so damn happy for him. And more importantly, he's pretty pleased with himself, if my avatar pic is anything to go by. :)

• Like 3

Congratulations @Theoneandonly ... baby news is always great. :)

And congrats to your daughter, @Tensor, that is a huge accomplishment. As somebody involved in the arts (not acting, but I understand the struggle) it's great to see somebody being successful!

I'm so thrilled right now because I just finished up finals week, my 1st internship, I got my financial aid letter for this next school year and looks like I got work study so I can get a job in my department, and my adviser has been talking with me about an awesome paid(!) internship opportunity. SO my last year of university should be a good one with far less struggling to get by. :) Happy Friday everyone!

• Like 3