How a Telegram was sent in 1939

Convict13

I feel like I should learn Morse code!! And everyone is so stylish in 1939, great hair. No wonder Sheldon's picked his haircut from 1941.

"Whenever an aerial mask rears its lonely head to the sky, there stands the upward symbol of the twentieth century magic of the Radio Telegraph service. An monument to mans endeavour and achievement in annihilating space." What a closing line. :icon_lol:

Edited by Moonbase

Re Sheldon's haircut from 1941 - if I remember, there's a chart on the barber's wall with pics of haircuts, but I can't pick it out.

Ha, I tried to do that too. I really have too much time on my hands at the moment. Just watched werewolf again, it's 1946.... darn it. :icon_cheesygrin:

Maybe this is number 3...?

number3haircut.jpg

Edited by Moonbase

Am I the only one who thinks that 1930's-1950's were cool?

If you were white, male and middle class perhaps

I've just been watching a show based in the USA in the mid 30's set in the Dustbowl region, they were some pretty hard times, seriously sad. In Australia the depression hit us hard, with upwards of 21% unemployment. Then of course there was the second world war in that time period as well. Poverty and severe unemployment continued for several years after the war also. Women of course really didn't get much choice in life, they were expected to stay at home and look after the children and the husband. No I think we have it pretty cool right now.

OMG that was very serious of me, I'm not normally this serious I promise.

Edited by Convict13
  • Like 1

Convict13 - I can always rely on you to raise an interesting topic. Kudos. :)

…and yes, we do have it pretty cool right now. We have little appreciation for how lucky we are though. The level of struggle people faced in earlier decades is so easily forgotten.

Today we live in a bubble of what could be considered extreme luxury while most of the world lives in hunger and abject poverty. Every few years we are compelled to upgrade and throw away mountains of outdated tech and appliances. It's completely unsustainable. There are just too many people on this planet using up too much resource. Big change is coming! And you thought you were a party pooper! :icon_lol:

Edited by Moonbase