MIT Nerd Test

ToadTheWetSprocket

haha, good one!

Best question was: have you ever corrected a professor (in lecture, I suppose)

which took me back to night school ages ago, where I used to correct our maths teacher. With illustrative drawings on blackboard. The poor chap must still have nightmares!:icon_twisted:

haha, good one!

Best question was: have you ever corrected a professor (in lecture, I suppose)

which took me back to night school ages ago, where I used to correct our maths teacher. With illustrative drawings on blackboard. The poor chap must still have nightmares!:icon_twisted:

Oh,gosh,I did this is high school, to my Math teacher, and now that I am in college, I still correct my teachers, except in every subject that I have.

In high school I pointed out to my teacher a quicker way to solve a quadratic problem and she threw a book at me.

:)

I heard the retired after that year.

=)

In most of my classes, my professors now tell me "You don't have to raise your hand. We all know you know."

And if no one knows the answer, my professors usually look at me and say "Laura what's the answer?"

And tomorrow I am presenting a how-to lecture on the Mobius Strip. I plan to make one, and have my professor cut it down the middle while I give my presentation.

I am going to tell him "keep cutting until you get to the end'.

=)

Yay for nerds !

Oh,gosh,I did this is high school, to my Math teacher, and now that I am in college, I still correct my teachers, except in every subject that I have.

And tomorrow I am presenting a how-to lecture on the Mobius Strip. I plan to make one, and have my professor cut it down the middle while I give my presentation.

I am going to tell him "keep cutting until you get to the end'.

=)

Yay for nerds !

Ooh, your teachers will really celebrate when you graduate! No more Laura!

And how did the lecture on the Moebius Strip go? Did some of your fellow student think that the lecture was going to be about the Moebius comic strip??? I bet they did, especially the football team! Doh!

Yes I think there was shouts of 'Hurrah' and 'THANK GOD' when they called me up for my high school diploma

=)

My Mobius strip presentation went extremely well.

Well, at least I thought so

=)

I had my English professor make a mobius strip, and then while giving my presentation, I had him cut down the middle. By the end of the presentation he had a strip about 1/2" wide and about 3 feet long at his feet. He looked at me and said 'Seriously?"

I said "Why did you stop?"

"Because it will NEVER end!"

The class got a kick out of that.

Then I started telling him how,when you continuously cut a mobius strip, it will have one spiral and one turn...

Well, I started talking about sine, cosine, etc.

Then I realized I was totally having a Sheldon moment

:p

Everyone's eyes were glazed over, haha.

So yeah, needless to say I got full points!

And at the end of class I decided to make a mobius strip link chain in red and green for my English professorial room around Christmas .

I thought he may enjoy it.

Thanks for asking about it, BTW,Sherminator !!!!!!!!!!!!