The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mamapipinow

Who should be Raj's girlfriend??

Personally, I think I would have liked it if one of the main characters was gay from the beginning of the series. The Raj character is the most likely candidate but a lot of the character would have required a rework and I'm not sure I'd be for that, I like the Raj we have. As for gay characters now, the trouble is everyone in this series, the main cast and the guests, have had their sexuality defined pretty much in their first episode (except for Sheldon of course). Zach, Stephanie, Stuart, Leslie, Bernadette and Amy were brought on so they could date someone. Alex is interested in Leonard, Kripke is a perv and I think even Siebert might have said something indicating he's straight in the Benefactor Factor. To me, it's not annoying that there hasn't been a gay character on this show, it's that they make a point of it to tell us that everyone is straight.

Back on topic: as for Missy, I usually skip that episode in reruns. I'm not sure if its the actress or I just found the character one-note. That episode suffers from first season problems. I think Raj belongs with a nerd girl. Preferably one that can't talk to guys, or some similar kind of problem with communicating with men. Learning to deal with their problems together in the last season is a nice idea. Meeting her very close to the end and realizing they are perfect for each other would be very sweet.

Back on topic: as for Missy, I usually skip that episode in reruns. I'm not sure if its the actress or I just found the character one-note. That episode suffers from first season problems. I think Raj belongs with a nerd girl. Preferably one that can't talk to guys, or some similar kind of problem with communicating with men. Learning to deal with their problems together in the last season is a nice idea. Meeting her very close to the end and realizing they are perfect for each other would be very sweet.

This paragraph has so much win in it! I also always skip that episode... i dont know what it was about it but i just never enjoyed it... like at all and i agree whole heartedly with your thoughts on raj.  He needs a girl who is similar to him. Trying to change him in order to force a relationsihp would just be terrible...

This paragraph has so much win in it! I also always skip that episode... i dont know what it was about it but i just never enjoyed it... like at all and i agree whole heartedly with your thoughts on raj.  He needs a girl who is similar to him. Trying to change him in order to force a relationsihp would just be terrible...

And I re-quote. I think Missy is probably the most boring character to ever appear on the show. Not to mention the whole premise of that episode was predictable and un-funny (all the nerd guys fighting over the hot girl). I would personally be quite happy if she never appears again. Which is a shame because so far 2/3 Coopers are a hoot. :) 

Personally, I think I would have liked it if one of the main characters was gay from the beginning of the series. The Raj character is the most likely candidate but a lot of the character would have required a rework and I'm not sure I'd be for that, I like the Raj we have. As for gay characters now, the trouble is everyone in this series, the main cast and the guests, have had their sexuality defined pretty much in their first episode (except for Sheldon of course). Zach, Stephanie, Stuart, Leslie, Bernadette and Amy were brought on so they could date someone. Alex is interested in Leonard, Kripke is a perv and I think even Siebert might have said something indicating he's straight in the Benefactor Factor. To me, it's not annoying that there hasn't been a gay character on this show, it's that they make a point of it to tell us that everyone is straight.

President Seibert said 'he took one for the team' I don' t think he mentioned the sex of the donor he slept with. But it's true all the characters are depressingly  heterosexual. Though it would be fun if Leslie Winkle came back as new lesbian; she would be achingly funny.

I just want to know what happened to his dog?

Are you talking about Raj's puppy?

He mentions her in 6.11 (The Santa Simulation) again, but we'll never see the dog. I think he's mentioned her a total of three times this season, but I can't remember.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with no desire to see Missy again. @Spook, I think you're right the character and the plot of that episode are just plain dull. @annie thanks for reminding me about the Siebert quote, he remains refreshingly enigmatic. I'm going to satisfy both of my issues in this thread by hoping Sheldon's older brother appears sometime as a hilarious drunk cowboy who happens to be gay. :)

• Like 2

I'm going to satisfy both of my issues in this thread by hoping Sheldon's older brother appears sometime as a hilarious drunk cowboy who happens to be gay. :)

Interesting :)

I don´t know...I cannot imagine Raj with a girlfriend, even though now he looks so alone and out of place between all those couples!

I thought that Stuart will be his close friend but...

He needs a friend, single one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with no desire to see Missy again. @Spook, I think you're right the character and the plot of that episode are just plain dull. @annie thanks for reminding me about the Siebert quote, he remains refreshingly enigmatic. I'm going to satisfy both of my issues in this thread by hoping Sheldon's older brother appears sometime as a hilarious drunk cowboy who happens to be gay. :)

Sheldon's manly roughneck Texan gay brother; okay I'm totally for this :icon_razz:

• Like 1

Sheldon's manly roughneck Texan gay brother; okay I'm totally for this :icon_razz:
Sheldon's gay brother can definitely guest star, Raj or no Raj!! :)