The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ely

The Cast Answered Some Tweets ...youtube ...

Four minutes with the cast answering questions... (Jim, Kaley, Johnny, Simon, Kunal)... for EW

:icon_arrow:

• Like 3

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

thanks for posting it! Loved Jim's answer to the first question. I Lol'ed at his "I have desires.... oh, is not me we are talking about" LOL!

I am a Little concerned about the way Kunal Apologized to Johnny G about saying He hoped Raj wasn't going to be Gay. This is about 1:40 on the tape.

The way I took it, Kunal knows Johnny is Gay and was trying to get his foot out of his mouth for what he said about Raj not being gay.

Johnny and Kaley were supposed to be dating for two years. Is Johnny Bi sexual?? Johnny has never confirmed or deniened being gay. "Who-is-dating-Who" show only Kaley as a SO, with no other people listed.

I am a Little concerned about the way Kunal Apologized to Johnny G about saying He hoped Raj wasn't going to be Gay. This is about 1:40 on the tape.

The way I took it, Kunal knows Johnny is Gay and was trying to get his foot out of his mouth for what he said about Raj not being gay.

Johnny and Kaley were supposed to be dating for two years. Is Johnny Bi sexual?? Johnny has never confirmed or deniened being gay. "Who-is-dating-Who" show only Kaley as a SO, with no other people listed.

Was he apologizing about not wanting Raj to be gay? Jim is gay, but I hadn't heard that Johnny Galecki is. He was dating Kaley, but why would that make him bi instead of straight? I guess I'm not up on the rumor mill.

I think the only reason he said anything to Johnny is that Johnny is the one who asked him why he didn't want Raj to turn out to be gay or to be with Stuart or whatever.

But it didn't read to me as if Johnny was offended or whatever, or that it had anything to do with his own sexuality.

I don't think Johnny was offended for himself. We know he and Kaley had a relationship they kept secret which isn't the actions of a gay man. He could be fluid, hell they all could be :icon_biggrin: , it's impossible to know for sure. He thought Kunal was being a little prejudice, that was my take on it.

I was much more surprised by what Johnny said about the science and nerd language. That since the relationships have got more intense there has been little need for the pronunciation key on the script for difficult words. If we were in any doubt the language has changed on this show, he just spelt it out loud and clear. Anyway…

Edited by Moonbase

You're welcome, everyone!! :icon_razz: :icon_razz: :icon_razz:

... He thought Kunal was being a little prejudice, that was my take on it...

I agree ...

Yeah, that moment after Kunal said "I hope that's not the direction we're going" was really awkward. The rest of the cast was like "uh....did he really say that? Moving on". I don't think it was just the implication that Kunal made that he wouldn't want his character to be gay but the fact that he was kind of implying that he doesn't like what they're doing with his character in S6 as it is.

And then Johnny confirms what we've all known for a while: there hasn't been much science since all the relationships took over. LOL.

BTW, I don't like the ideas that they were pitching when Jim was answering the "real relationship with Amy" (aka sex) question. Accident? Slip something in his drink? No, thank you. Pease don't go there.

Edited by Puppy Chow

I didn't get the sense that Kunal was prejudiced or whatever, but why can't he want Raj to finally find a woman like everyone else. Maybe hr feels the "bromance" angle has already been explored with Raj and Howard, and now they're apparently going over the same ground, only a little more overtly, with Stuart moving in with Raj.

They've teased with everyone questioning Raj's sexuality, but he's remained interested in women and has probably slept with almost as many women as Howard or Leonard, just more like one-night-stands (except the deaf girl he dated briefly.)

So, why shouldn't Kunal be tired of continuing down the same road?

Maybe I misunderstood but I didn't see anything Kunal said as prejudice at all. He said he wasn't interested in his character being in a relationship, PERIOD, right? Not a gay one...I didn't hear him say gay but maybe I need to re watch.

Monique

@ Ely

We are still in sync.

@ Puppy Chow I couldn't agree more. Kunal needs to stop talking. I had to watch it again to spot it, but what a gaff. Johnny was not impressed. 

And it just goes to show Jim could never write for the show. A talented actor he may be, but a storyteller he is not. He is aware of this though because he praises the writers highly whenever he can. Kaley tried to tell him to button it, shes such a wise girl.

Johnny has really gone up in my estimations as well. I never expected any of them to say something about the shows language. It might have been prompted but Kunal putting his foot in it, but still. A short interview but very enlightening, thanks.

Edited by Moonbase

I didn't notice that moment with Kunal the first time either. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt about what he meant though, because he has tweeted in favour of gay rights several times over the years, and quite passionately too. He said "given the way this season has started" presumably meaning the Stuart storyline, and it could easily be that pairing specifically, not a gay Raj in general, that he is not keen on. Or, my other guess is that he wouldn't enjoy 'playing gay' because he wouldn't be comfortable doing the scenes, which would be fair enough, it's just unfortunate that what he said was very open to interpretation and that it would be difficult to explain himself on the spot without possibly making it worse. He couldn't very well say "oh no, I just mean I'm against Stuart and Raj dating", which is the sort of thing the cast shouldn't say about a storyline that's a significant possibility, or "oh no, I just mean I hope I don't have to kiss a dude", which would require further awkward disclaimers.

Edit: There's a better quality version here, if you press 'Like' first.

http://www.facebook.com/entertainmentweekly?sk=app_138939626175118

Edited by nerdywordy

Well I was confused by what kunal said because i didnt even hear it, but could tell that johnny corrected him. I don't think kunal meant anything, but of course, when you are in the public eye you have to be very careful.

You can tell that Jim really wants sheldon and amy to get together at some point. It is so cute.

Edited by BazingaFan

I think Jim was just being logical when he said that his character and Amy would eventually go there in the future and not in the near future/this season. It was the other cast members who were suggesting those ideas. No rufilin-slipping please.

Well I was confused by what kunal said because i didnt even hear it, but could tell that johnny corrected him. I don't think kunal meant anything, but of course, when you are in the public eye you have to be very careful.

You can tell that Jim really wants sheldon and amy to get together at some point. It is so cute.

It is cute. He made a complete turn around with his feelings for the characters. The last interview I saw where he commented on the subject he said, "I think they'll have a test tube baby before they have sex." LOL.

Monique

It is cute. He made a complete turn around with his feelings for the characters. The last interview I saw where he commented on the subject he said, "I think they'll have a test tube baby before they have sex." LOL.

Monique

I remember when he said that and I certainly agreed with him until The Launch Acceleration. I think that the writers opened the door for Sheldon actually hitting puberty in the future with that episode. They can still backtrack but at least it's a possibility now, whereas I couldn't really see it happening before.

I really enjoyed this, thanks so much for posting, Jim was funny & sweet as usual. Kaley is sensible. As for Kunal, I didn't get an anti-gay vibe off him at all, so give him a pass; while Johnny Galecki did ping my gaydar.

I think Jim was just being logical when he said that his character and Amy would eventually go there in the future and not in the near future/this season. It was the other cast members who were suggesting those ideas. No rufilin-slipping please.

[

Fair enough, none of them are writers then. I wouldn't call it logic, it's an actor wanting a new challenge and he was in a more playful mood than usual.

I really enjoyed this, thanks so much for posting, Jim was funny & sweet as usual. Kaley is sensible. As for Kunal, I didn't get an anti-gay vibe off him at all, so give him a pass; while Johnny Galecki did ping my gaydar.

Johnny's gay and Kunal didn't make an ass of himself? I feel like I'm living in an alternative universe. Oh well...

Edited by Moonbase

“I’ve never really addressed those rumors because I always figured why defend yourself against something that’s not offensive?”-Johnny Galecki

He's not gay. I'm not sure where that's even coming from.

Anyway, I re-watched and I see now what you guys are talking about Kunal. That was immature indeed. I didn't catch that when I first watched it.

Monique

He's not gay. I'm not sure where that's even coming from.

Anyway, I re-watched and I see now what you guys are talking about Kunal. That was immature indeed. I didn't catch that when I first watched it.

Monique

I agree, Kunal made a slip up which was probably more impulsive immaturity than anything but Johnny called him out on it.

Johnny comes across as a very smart, quiet guy. I can see what Kaley saw in him.

• Like 2

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Kunal said, (assuming it was in reference to not wanting Raj to hook up with Stewart).

I mean, just imagine that Sheldon was the only one still single, and that in an interview, Jim said he hoped Sheldon didn't develop a romantic relationship with Amy. Nobody would say he was being a jerk. He just doesn't want to kiss a girl.

Just because Kunal might not want to make out with another man doesn't mean he hates people who do. It's kind of sad we feel the need to clarify that. But there is a lot of hate out there, so I can see why Johnny might want Kunal to explain a little better.

The only thing I saw that was objectionable was when Kunal said Raj should be with a super model. He didn't say Raj should be with someone who loves and appreciates him, just someone who's hot enough to make a living off selling pictures of her body.

That said, I think Kunal is a sweet guy, just a little naive.

Edited by themightylin

Since I'm gay & didn't get any kind of anti-gay vibe off Kunal, I think we can let it rest. His character is such a sad sack I could see why he said that about a playboy bunny, poor Raj never ever gets the girl. As for Johnny, my male gaydar is pretty spot on.