MJistheBOMB

1. Leonard

2. Penny

3. Raj

4. Howard

5. Amy

6.Bernadette

7. Sheldon

Sheldon makes me crazy. In real life, he would have no friends and would be in a mental institution. He rarely has anything good to say about his friends and his constant belittleling of them makes me want to reach into the screen and slap the s**t out of him. I love the show, it's just taking me some time to get use to friends treating each other in the way they do. Except for leonard, who rarely says anything derogatory about his friends.

HAVE you ever seen the show??? If you have it sounds like a very bad fit as you do not understand how the characters work and interact. Sheldon would probably have much better friends in real life, and how can you justify the 'mental institution' remark? Do you not understand what he is saying? He is very loyal to his friends, always honest and very intelligent.

As for the comment about Leonard - you have got to be kidding!! He, along with Howard constantly belittles Sheldon; both of them also drop Raj the minute they have something better to do with their girlfriends (wife); Leonard also lies through his teeth, even to Penny who he says he loves. Generally an awful whiny little man.

I think a lot peoples choices are already known from there other posts. We all have favorite likes and dislikes.

My favorites have always been L&P as the Protagonists and Sheldon as the Antagonist. While I feel Jim Parson does an excellent job portraying Sheldon, However I couldn't stand to be around a real Sheldon. I am afraid Amy & Sheldon are stealing the show. I love Amy but I still can't warm up to the Sheldon character because he is so arrogant.

I like the humor of Howard, especially when it is cynical or directed at Sheldon's expense. Raj I could do with out.

Bernadette I like and enjoy but I would rather see the old Howard.

Favorite extras are Lesli Winkle and Dr Beverly. Wil Wheaton I could care less for.

Sheldon is in no way arrogant. He doesn't think of himself in any particular way; he just knows that he is usually right. It is certainly not arrogance. I don't understand why so many of you seem to be intimidated by this character. I think he is totally loveable and could listen to him talking about physics for hours. Most importantly I love the fact that he is so honest and unlike the others is as loyal as he can be.

Sheldon is in no way arrogant. He doesn't think of himself in any particular way; he just knows that he is usually right. It is certainly not arrogance. I don't understand why so many of you seem to be intimidated by this character. I think he is totally loveable and could listen to him talking about physics for hours. Most importantly I love the fact that he is so honest and unlike the others is as loyal as he can be.

So many of us? I think you'll find the opposite it true. He's my favourite character and while I agree he can be sweet, saying he's not arrogant is stretching it a bit.  :icon_cheesygrin: He's Dr. Arroganto!

Ha ha Ha sjgranic, Penny would more likely to confess feelings about Sheldon then Leonard. That's a good one. If it wasn't for Leonard there would be no Sheldon/Penny. How would or why would Penny confess feelings about Sheldon a person who constantly mocks her intelligence and lifestyle. Your argument makes no sense what so ever. 

Howard and Leonard the to most unlikely characters to ever find a woman? Raj/Howard found Amy for Sheldon. If it wasn't for them Sheldon would be single because he had shown no desire to be with the opposite sex before that. This argument as well makes no sense what so ever.

Leonard is whiny, self-serving and dis loyal. Of course Sheldon Never Whines , please he can be just as big a baby as Leonard. Never self serving ( The Roommate Agreement the most self serving thing ever written my mankind). Disloyal, Leonard is the most loyal friend Sheldon has ever had. Sheldon is the most difficult person in the world to live with yet Leonard has been there for almost 10 years. He drives him everywhere and I mean everywhere and he does a hell of a lot for him. Sheldon is also whiny, self-serving and can be unloyal as well.

Sheldon is the poster boy of arrogance. Do yourself a favor and look up the definition of arrogant and it has Sheldon written all over it.

Sheldon never belittles Leonard? Hello, what show are you watching because it is definitely not The Big Bang Theory. 

Leonard is far from perfect, but too bash him and the other characters for there imperfections while glossing over Sheldon's many imperfections and proclaiming him this wonderful and perfect person is totally Laughable.

You find L/P as nauseating. No problem the show can't please anyone. I find the idea of the romantic Shenny as ridiculous and so does Sheldon and Penny as they have stated on the show many times.

By the way, I can make my argument without attacking the physical characteristics of the characters. To resort to attacking Leonard's and Howard's physical appearance as a way to justify your arguments as you did in your quote below is disrespectful and in poor taste.

Howard and Leonard - these are a tie for last as I find them equally objectionable. I would have thought this the writers' intention if they hadn't found girlfriends for the two most unlikely characters ever to find a woman. They have awful personality traits: they laugh behind friends backs, tell lies to friends, in other word are dishonest in their dealings with others, and neither character strikes me as being overly intelligent. My other objection is that the two ugly-looking characters are the ones to whom the writers have given girlfriends over the seasons. It just wouldn't happen, not only because of Leonards bushy mono-eyebrow, awful, awful, hair, his short, thick body, fat neck, or the squinty/sneery way in which he looks up through said bushy eyebrow to every other character, while simultaneously fidgeting with his fingers. He has no personality to speak of, is subconsciously jealous of Sheldon (as he should be) and comes across as not that bright although he is supposed to be a 'genius'. Howard also is dishonest in his dealings with his friends and has dreadful physical traits, namely his thin body always dressed in colour coordinated clothes straight out of a bad seventies wardrobe; his enormous hooter, bad haircut and pasty skin. He has a personality, albeit a dreadful one: he somehow believes himself to be a catch (poor Bernadette), laughs behind his friends backs, would stab them in the back at any opportunity, constantly derides Sheldon (whom the writers never allow a sharp retort even though I believe his character is smart enough to have figured out what wit or a sharp retort is by now) and would drop Raj in a second if the prospect of something better came along; no loyalty whatsoever. I do however somehow find it feasible that he and Bernadette are together. It's certainly a lot more likely than the Penny/Leonard scenario which I find nauseating and which spoils the show for me.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

1.  Sheldon

2.  Bernadette

3.  Leonard

4.  Penny

5.  Raj

6.  Howard

7.  Amy - least favorite and would not be sad to see her not on the show. Not funny at all.  Just creepy.

a.  Evil Wil Wheaton

b.  Sheldon's mom

c.  Zach

d.  Kripke

e.  Leonard's mom

f.  Stuart

1) Leonard

2) Sheldon (pre-Season 4)

3) Penny

4) Howard (pre-married)

5) Raj

6) Bernadette

7) Amy - because of the changes done to Sheldon

Edited by djvang

1. Sheldon and Amy. If I had to rate the characters before this season, Sheldon would have been my top choice, but I think the writers sometimes flanderize the "childish" aspect of his character too much and that frustrates me. However, still, Sheldon in a way will always personify TBBT to me with his general nerdiness and his whimsy nature - so he's definitely up there in the list. Amy's entrance pretty much changed me from a casual fan of TBBT to a proper fan who was invested in the show and bought the DVDs. I love the uniqueness of Amy's character and how she's not like the typical female leads in other sitcoms - she's different but very believable and real. A huge credit for that goes to Mayim Bialik who consistently knocks it out of the park and goes a long way in portraying that depth and uniqueness to Amy.

2. Howard: This honestly surprised me. Howard was one of my least favorite characters before but I think he has really grown into his own after S06. The Closet Reconfiguration and The Love Spell Potential really allowed him to show off his acting chops, and I enjoyed his new brand of humor better than Howard's sleeziness. Ofcoirse, it does not hurt that Simon Helberg is a fabulous actor.

3. Penny: One of my favorite female characters in comedy portrayed by one of my favorite female comic actresses. Penny has really come to her own since when we first saw her in S01. Plus, I love Kaley Cuoco so much - she is so underrated comedy wise because her comic chemistry and timing with everyone in the cast is amazing. I truly don't believe the show would be the same without her. I like Penny because she is not the standard hot girl next door, basically a "fantasy symbol" - she has a genuine sweetness and realness to her character that I adore. And I have enjoyed her growth this season.

4. Leonard: Leonard is one of the most relatable characters of the show. However, I miss Leonard with his own storylines and his own brand of nerdiness and wackiness - Johnny Galecki is an amazing actor but too often he plays the straight man to either Sheldon or Penny, I wish they would switch it up sometimes and have him do something wacky and have JP or KC or SH play straight-man to him. Like that scene where he refuses to share his make-up with Penny. Probably not, though cause the only times he acted irrational was when it come to Penny - hence the numerous scenes of him nervous about his date had the others play straight-man. So yeah, here's hoping - we get to see different shades to Leonard's character because just having him play straight man can get boring for me after a while.

5. Raj: Raj's problem for me was the lack of growth. He's always been really funny... but after a point his character was growing stagnant and one-dimensional, frankly speaking. There has been an improvement in particularly the back-half of S06 where we get to see him nurture a similarly anxious character. For now, I'm really looking forward to see how TPTB handle the cure of his mutism... Depending on S07, he might actually move up the list.

6. Bernadette: Bernadette is a perfectly nice character, but that's all she is for now. I am actually disappointed with TPTB because we have never seen any Bernadette-specific storylines. Again her problem is similar to Leonard's in a way - she always plays straight-man to Howard's whimsy. And I dunno - her character is just not that well-fleshed out to me. I don't have the best understanding of her quirks, or what ticks her... here's hoping we get some exploration of Bernadette's character in S07 cause Melissa Rauch does a good job playing her.

Edited by menamena
  • Like 1

Amy/Howard - They take on many different angles and consistently funny, imo.

Leonard

Sheldon

Raj

Penny/Bernadette

After S6, Howard really is rocketman. :)

1. Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler.

2. Dr. Sheldon Cooper.

3. Dr. Leonard Hofstadter.

4. Penny.

5. Astronaut Howard Wolowitz.

6. Dr. Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz.

7. Dr. Rajesh Koothrappali.

Edited by AndyRenee

Guest DroneInTheSun
  1. Raj - I just have a thing for messed up characters, and Raj's nearly dual personality just really, really speaks to me. He's amazing as in one scene he feels like he is the worst person in the world, and in the next he will gloat about how awesome he has. The way he takes pride in his problems just makes me really happy, because for a lot of people who don't know what to do with their own problems, I feel like Raj is an inspiration.
  2. Amy - I don't care what people say, they've obviously not been paying attention if they think all she's interested in is sex. This girl has my heart, she's sweet and funny and awkward and confident and just awesome. You know it had to take a special person to get Sheldon out of his shell and she did it, because she's a bamf.
  3. Sheldon - It kind of makes me laugh how people complain that Amy changed him when actually she's the only person he can be himself with because she never judges him. Sex and love doesn't fundamentally change people; Sheldon with a girlfriend is, at his chore, still a lot like Sheldon without a girlfriend, only better and for Leonard and Penny, he's only an annoying surrogate child; for Raj, Howard and Bernadette, he's only an emotionless robot, but Sheldon is much more than this caricaturized, childish Shelbot we had back in Season 3. Amy brought the best out of him because she embraces his quirks whereas everyone else only tolerates them, and that's why Sheldon has been growing on me ever since he met Amy - because he's never felt more real and relatable.
  4. Leonard - Leonard never gets nearly enough credit, because he's literally the only "normal" guy on this show and I marvel at how he's able to keep up with the chaos going around him. He has his flaws, of course - I do get tired of whiny Leonard after a while - but overall, his optimism and good nature are more important.
  5. Penny - I had never been a huge Penny fan before S6, because for me, she was a very bland character. A lovely, nice, pretty blonde girl who also turns out to be a tomboy. I have seen and read this characters in plenty of movies and books and didn't necessarily need another version. But her character growth in Season 6 definitely made me appreciate a lot more.
  6. Howard - I hated Howard the sleazebag. I don't find sexual harrassment funny at all and literally hated that something that is a real life struggle for a lot of women was used to get cheap laugh. Nearly was enough to drive me away from the show at some point, not even going to lie. But I like married Howard much better, because he finally feels like an actually decent human being. It's great for Simon as an actor too. His gross Howard never got him any accolade, because there is nothing glorifying in playing such an abominable character. But he definitely has more material now.
  7. Bernadette - Well, Bernadette seems like a nice gal and all, but we don't really know much about her, do we? She's been on the show for over three years now, and I still don't know much about her. It makes it hard to care for her.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ah, lists! First refuge of the procrastinator. I’m in.

(1) Sheldon (Vintage Sheldon, mind)

(2) Penny/Howard (both vintage and remake)

(3) WHEEATON!/Mary Cooper

(4) Kripke

(5) Gablehauser

(6) Stuart

(7) Leonard/Amy/Raj/Bernadette (in which order, after Stuart, depends entirely on episode)

Bernadette is amusing and a little bizarre, but lacks dimension. Yet for this very reason I find it difficult to actively dislike her in the manner one might complex characters. She’s only in the last line because she doesn’t interest me as much as, say, Bawwy or Gablehauser, whose alternate, undepicted life I enjoy contemplating.

Amy is interesting and very well acted, but I’d prefer she was on a different show, as to me the tone she brings is a little oppressive and heavy handed.

Raj can be an entitled arse at time. Sheldon’s an arse, but a sense of intellectual superiority is vastly different from a sense of social or class superiority.

Ridiculously, I haven’t forgiven Leonard for the Arctic.

If anyone’s interested, counting the basic lists (and god knows why I did) Sheldon is named favourite 45 out of 63 times, and Bernadette least favourite 32 times. It’s rather difficult to get an accurate measure on the rest, because idiots like myself keep skewing the ratings by adding people like Gablehauser…