The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.01 The Date Night Variable

The sixth season premiere of The Big Bang Theory was Thursday night's top-rated and most-watched program. Compared to last year's hour-long season opener, The Big Bang Theory held steady in the adults 18-49 demographic and added by 1.24 million viewers in the overnight ratings.

"The Date Night Variable" was watched by 15.30 million people, up by 1.25m on the fifth season opener, The Skank Reflex Analysis. This was the show's largest audience since 5.18 The Werewolf Transformation. In the adults 18-49 demographic, the season six opener scored a 4.8/15 rating, matching the rating of last year's season premiere. The Big Bang Theory was the top-rated and most-watched broadcast of the night.

The newly relocated Two and a Half Men, which now follows The Big Bang Theory, continued CBS's domination at 8:30. Men's tenth season opener received an audience of 12.37 million people and scored a 3.5/10 rating among adults 18-49. The show retained about 80% of The Big Bang Theory's audience, which is considerably better than the occupant of this slot last season, the short-lived How To Be a Gentleman. Two and a Half Men's ratings were understandably down following the move from Mondays at 9, a time period it dominated for many years, to Thursdays at 8:30.

I have to say that I was not happy with two and half men last night. My 12-year-old son loves big bang, so he was there with us still when big bang went off, and then two and half men came on with all of the crude sex jokes (that should not be on television that early in the evening), and we had to change the channel. I think it is sad that they resort so much on sex to make that show funny. There was one that alan harper said while sitting at the bar with the other dude, and I was scrambling to find the remote and turn it off.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

:D congrats to Big Bang's Team!

I have to say that I was not happy with two and half men last night. My 12-year-old son loves big bang, so he was there with us still when big bang went off, and then two and half men came on with all of the crude sex jokes (that should not be on television that early in the evening), and we had to change the channel. I think it is sad that they resort so much on sex to make that show funny. There was one that alan harper said while sitting at the bar with the other dude, and I was scrambling to find the remote and turn it off.

IMHO 2 1/2 Men has always been right on the Edge of needing Censorship. I really don't enjoy Potty Humor. But they lost me when Kelso who would be a better Walmart stock than he is actor, Ran around Stage Naked. I like Jon Cryer and feel he could have carried the Show without the Walmart Stock Boy. Charlie's supporting cast was what made the show work for so many years.

The sixth season premiere of The Big Bang Theory was Thursday night's top-rated and most-watched program. Compared to last year's hour-long season opener, The Big Bang Theory held steady in the adults 18-49 demographic and added by 1.24 million viewers in the overnight ratings.

"The Date Night Variable" was watched by 15.30 million people, up by 1.25m on the fifth season opener, The Skank Reflex Analysis. This was the show's largest audience since 5.18 The Werewolf Transformation. In the adults 18-49 demographic, the season six opener scored a 4.8/15 rating, matching the rating of last year's season premiere. The Big Bang Theory was the top-rated and most-watched broadcast of the night.

The newly relocated Two and a Half Men, which now follows The Big Bang Theory, continued CBS's domination at 8:30. Men's tenth season opener received an audience of 12.37 million people and scored a 3.5/10 rating among adults 18-49. The show retained about 80% of The Big Bang Theory's audience, which is considerably better than the occupant of this slot last season, the short-lived How To Be a Gentleman. Two and a Half Men's ratings were understandably down following the move from Mondays at 9, a time period it dominated for many years, to Thursdays at 8:30.

The Big Bang Theory is returning the favor for Two and a Half Men launching the series popularity in TBBT's third season. Wheter they can hold up 2 and 1/2 Mens slow death march for long is questionable.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Were we really expecting anything less ?? :)

nope, but some people were wishing otherwise

• Like 1