In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

Howard Out, Wheaton In!

Sherminator

Here's my idea on how to fix the show:

Get rid of Howard and Bernadette, and bring in Wil Wheaton as a permanent member of the nerd group.

Wil could start dating Penny, resulting in love triangle!

And let's face it, Howard an Bernadette stopped being funny like a year ago...

-so, good riddance!

I like Howard. Bernadette much like Amy (and I know others will disagree with me here) should not be in every episode, she should only appear every second one or so. The Wil Wheaton storyline is done, and another "love triangle" for Leonard and Penny would be just so wrong.

Edited by Convict13
  • Like 1

Here's my idea on how to fix the show:

Get rid of Howard and Bernadette, and bring in Wil Wheaton as a permanent member of the nerd group.

Wil could start dating Penny, resulting in love triangle!

And let's face it, Howard an Bernadette stopped being funny like a year ago...

-so, good riddance!

The popularity of TBBT would indicate little reason for 'fixing' the show.

I can't disagree that Howard and Bernadette together are not particularly funny. Bernadette having much less screen time would be something I would wholeheartedly endorse. Howard, I think, is still very funny. Different and certainly not better, but still funny.

I can't see how they could incorporate Wil Wheaton into a full time cast member. He brings nothing to the table. His days as Sheldon's nemesis are apparently over, and he wouldn't fit into the group dynamic. He's not a nerd. He's not a scientist. He's a washed up, has been of an actor that apparently likes comic books.

• Like 1

I can't disagree that Howard and Bernadette together are not particularly funny. Bernadette having much less screen time would be something I would wholeheartedly endorse. Howard, I think, is still very funny. Different and certainly not better, but still funny.

I can't see how they could incorporate Wil Wheaton into a full time cast member. He brings nothing to the table. His days as Sheldon's nemesis are apparently over, and he wouldn't fit into the group dynamic. He's not a nerd. He's not a scientist. He's a washed up, has been of an actor that apparently likes comic books.

I agree with the above quote.

WHY FIX WHAT ISN"T BROKEN, BBT HAS TOP RATINGS.

Many things (TV shows, musical acts, game franchises, etc) are very often at their peak of popularity after thay have started to decline. They get popular because of how great they were at one point, and by the time they really catch on, they have already jumped the shark. TBBT is well on it's way to becoming another Friends, rather than the quirky show that long-time fans fell in love with. The show does indeed need fixing, or it will truly become just another average, Hollywood sit-com.

Are you saying that WW is washed up as an actor for real, or as portrayed on TBBT? :icon_wink:

Many things (TV shows, musical acts, game franchises, etc) are very often at their peak of popularity after thay have started to decline. They get popular because of how great they were at one point, and by the time they really catch on, they have already jumped the shark. TBBT is well on it's way to becoming another Friends, rather than the quirky show that long-time fans fell in love with. The show does indeed need fixing, or it will truly become just another average, Hollywood sit-com.

In your opinion.

Are you saying that WW is washed up as an actor for real, or as portrayed on TBBT? :icon_wink:

As portrayed on TBBT he is a washed-up, has-been. On the show he is not portrayed as being active in the acting business in any way.

In reality, Wheaton is actually fairly busy in television and movies.

Edited by HeWolf

As portrayed on TBBT he is a washed-up, has-been. On the show he is not portrayed as being active in the acting business in any way.

In reality, Wheaton is actually fairly busy in television and movies.

Yeah--I've seen WW on Leverage, a couple of times, I think, and on something else, as I recall.

But I love the BBT version of WW. :icon_wink:

Not for long.... I think Wil is coming back this season to be back on the list.

I don't see how that could possibly be made fresh...unless he were to hit on Amy, which seems unlikely.

Edited by phantagrae

In your opinion.

And apparently not in yours. That's fine, everybody is entitled to opinions. Compare TBBT season 5 to season 2 and tell me which one is the more typical sit-com.

Edited by Anomaly
  • Like 1

Agreed. Wil makes for much better comedic fodder. Although I don't see any need to ever replace any one character with another. They all have their places. If anything, I think these background characters can (and have been) overused. In a couple of cases they have actually become (sigh) main characters.

Edited by Anomaly

I agree. Howard and Bernadette together are not particularly funny. If anything they’re a kind of corny. I don’t think replacing Howard with Wil Wheaton is the answer. The writers just need to figure out how to make neutered Howard as funny as horny Howard. As for Bernadette, aside for her Mrs. Wolowitz impersonations, ability to sound very sweet & pissed off at the same time, she’s not that funny.

I don't really see Will Wheaton being any better a comic foil than Stuart. At least Stuart is a part of their weekly routine of going to the Comic Book Store on Wednesday nights. I don't think that Stuart is going to be in every episode as an equal to the other guys.

How would WW fit into the guys' lives? He has no reason to hang out with them, even if he has this vague friendship with Howard and/or Sheldon. I just don't see that there would be a natural way to have him participate in the group dynamic. And I doubt WW would necessarily want to be a regular or semi-regular on TBBT. Showing up every now and then as a fictionalized version of himself is fine for the occasional episode, but he probalby doesn't need the gig.

Stuart is more like the guys and is already friends with them and already has a way of fitting into their lives--he's even dated Penny and Amy. I think it's more natural for him to hang out with them, or with Raj, at least, than it would be for WW to be showing up on their doorstep.

I agree. Howard and Bernadette together are not particularly funny. If anything they’re a kind of corny. I don’t think replacing Howard with Wil Wheaton is the answer. The writers just need to figure out how to make neutered Howard as funny as horny Howard. As for Bernadette, aside for her Mrs. Wolowitz impersonations, ability to sound very sweet & pissed off at the same time, she’s not that funny.

Yup corny is a good word to describe them. I know most people probably don't agree but I would have preferred Bernadette had been written with a personality just as cheeky as Howard used to be. They would have fitted better as a couple and had much more comic potential. It's too late now though…. :( I don't look forward to their scenes much but maybe they will surprise us next season.

But on topic…

Simon is too good to lose for anyone, he's a fine actor even if he's not getting as many funny lines. I like WW but that storyline was finished when he made peace with Sheldon.