The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.04 The Re-Entry Minimization (Oct. 18)

Your episode rating  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

Mayim blogged about the pie eating scene--

http://www.kveller.c...e-eating-scene/

Someone in the comments section mentioned something I noticed when I was re-watching the pie scene. Right before they dive into the pies, Kaley looks right at the camera with this kind of fearful expression... :icon_eek:

I wondered whether or not they were actually eating the pie--Kaley looked like she was taking bites, but Johnny looked like he was just rubbing his face around in it part of the time. I'm sorry that she was kind of uncomfortable (sneezing blueberries!) but it was hilarious! :D

I also love Sheldon pouting after the Pictionary game. :D

The part where he is stitting on the couch and penny is mocking him, the way he looks at her is so adorable. Those damn eyes.

• Like 1

Someone in the comments section mentioned something I noticed when I was re-watching the pie scene. Right before they dive into the pies, Kaley looks right at the camera with this kind of fearful exp<b></b>ression... :icon_eek:

I wondered whether or not they were actually eating the pie--Kaley looked like she was taking bites, but Johnny looked like he was just rubbing his face around in it part of the time. I'm sorry that she was kind of uncomfortable (sneezing blueberries!) but it was hilarious! :D

You know it's interesting, after reading mayim's blog, and what you said, i rewatched it, and did not notice it at all before, but if you watch penny, she looks very nervous and when she puts her face down, you can see she rubs the pie on her face first before she begins to eat.

I just love your little animations :D where do you get them from? :p

I make them. :D

By the way, there's no rule saying that LG members are not allowed here. Sorry if we are suddenly overtaking this place.

I love Melissa in this episode. Her illness was convincing and the line about filling holes! HA! Hilarious.

Penny kissing Sheldon on nose and cheeks was done to further humiliate him after already getting thrown around like a rag doll. Granted we know there's that small vocal minority who will try to twist that into "Penny secretly harbors feelings/attraction to Sheldon".

You don't know the half of it. If only you knew how much I wanted to cry for all those people to thinks so. They're like mushrooms popping up out of nowhere, freaking out and saying "OH YEAH SHENNY IS FOR REALZ!"

Regarding Mayim's post in Kveller, funny that she said they were only to run their faces around the pie when she herself was eating half of the crust! I guess she really needed to eat them if she wanted to breathe. Jim looked as if he was motorboating that pie though.

Edited by jeanalice
  • Like 1

Although I don't mind some of the drama episodes, this episode was a refreshing comic escape from some of the recent teary eyed stuff. This one was very fast moving with quite a few laughs. I personally loved the Wolowitz scenes as he came home as a lonely astronaut wandering from place to place only to discover weird encounters with his family and friends. I loved the very last scene when he waked into Sheldon's appartment and saw all their faces buried in the pie. I was expecting him to just stare at them for a moment, looking very puzzled and saying:

"Gee! Did I land on the right earth or is this a parallel universe?"

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

Kyzzx - just curious, which forum is that?

Jean - the phrase 'motorboating his pie' cracked me up for some reason. I actually thought Jim looked like a puppy excited with his favorite dinner, while he was at it. :D

The part where he is stitting on the couch and penny is mocking him, the way he looks at her is so adorable. Those damn eyes.

Indeed. :)

Probably the best episode of season six so far.

I didn't find game night to be as funny as others. Having the girls win was far too predictable and could be seen a mile away.

I thought Melissa and Simon had the best stuff of the night.

its melissa best so far... the snoring lol epic

Just rewatched this episode and laughed all over again; We're back to their nerdy roots, science, geeky games - taking off their glasses for 'Where's Waldo' was a hoot & Amy's line about the cadaver lab was priceless. She's very good with Sheldon & Penny. Also Penny & Sheldon time - they have wonderful comedic charisma.

Howard & Bernadette, meh; part of me wishes Bernadette dumps him over (maybe a 3some fantasy with her and Katie Sackhof) & he's now a creepy divorce trying to pick up women. Raj & Stuart's bromance is funny but a retread, I can see why Kunal didn't want it, it doesn't advance his character. They should have Amy take him to her lab & try to fix him; like the other primates. There's comedic gold there.

Just rewatched this episode and laughed all over again; We're back to their nerdy roots, science, geeky games - taking off their glasses for 'Where's Waldo' was a hoot & Amy's line about the cadaver lab was priceless. She's very good with Sheldon & Penny. Also Penny & Sheldon time - they have wonderful comedic charisma.

Howard & Bernadette, meh; part of me wishes Bernadette dumps him over (maybe a 3some fantasy with her and Katie Sackhof) & he's now a creepy divorce trying to pick up women. Raj & Stuart's bromance is funny but a retread, I can see why Kunal didn't want it, it doesn't advance his character. They should have Amy take him to her lab & try to fix him; like the other primates. There's comedic gold there.

I was pretty sure you'd find a straw to grasp onto...

What do you have against Howard and Bernadette? They're really cute together.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, they've gone back to the nerdy science theme. The next episode sounds especially interesting...

• Like 1

Very good episode almost excellent.

Holds up very well on repeat viewing.

While I loved Howard’s scenes what is going on with this character screen time?

It seems way up in the last dozen episodes.

• Like 1

Agree with all this except Howard and Bernadette. They're cute together and I actually thought Bernie was really funny in this one. I also don't see her dumping her sexy Buzz Lightyear anytime soon. ;)

Raj and Stuart make for an interesting friendship. The "fill each other's holes" line was LOL hilarious and I loved Stuart's reaction to it - that guy is definitely not gay. I have a feeling Raj will be single right up to the end. After all, the dude cannot talk to women. They're going to have to either fix that part of his personality, or bring in a woman that changes it, before he has a relationship.

The thing that made this episode the funniest, IMO, was the science vs pop-culture clash during the games; that's the heart of the show. I loved Penny waiting and waiting to draw 'polish' and the spinny long division was hilarious. I guess the only thing I would've liked to see is the guys winning a round.

"It would be called 'THERE'S Waldo!'" still cracks me up. Not just the line but his delivery.

Edited by Europa
  • Like 1

Bernadette is sweet & has tamed skeezy Howard into being a better man. No more robotic arms...The bits about him so far this season aren't funny because he's just a hapless married guy like in a million other shows. Bernadette isn't part of geekdom & can disappear....Taking an eccentric/weird character & normalizing him isn't funny. Gomez & Morticia Addams who are weird but think they're normal are funny. That's the difference.

• Like 1

Bernadette is sweet &amp; has tamed skeezy Howard into being a better man. No more robotic arms...The bits about him so far this season aren't funny because he's just a hapless married guy like in a million other shows. Bernadette isn't part of geekdom &amp; can disappear....Taking an eccentric/weird character &amp; normalizing him isn't funny. Gomez &amp; Morticia Addams who are weird but think they're normal are funny. That's the difference.

I think they're going to continue to have fun with H&B, it's just going to be different kinds of stories. I don't see Howard as just a hapless married guy, and though Bernie's not a geek, neither is Penny. The girls have their own dynamic and the whole gang in general still have their group dynamic.

Gomez and Morticia? Really?

Howard's humor was not based solely on his lounge lizard act. I think there's plenty of humor left there. He's still no more normal than he was before. He's simply in another situation.

Hi netmouse.

Only a very occasional lurk these days for me. This was the first episode I've seen this season and I was surprised at the positive reception from some people. I see that you were about as impressed as I was.

Oh well. I wasn't really expecting much. I'll watch another episode or two this season to see how things are progressing, but I problably won't be lurking around here much anymore. Too many LG members for me.

See you in the bit stream.

What's an "LG member"?

I take it LG is "Lollipop Guild", though I personally don't know exactly what that entails.

Edited by phantagrae

I take it LG is "Lollipop Guild", though I personally don't know exactly what that entails.

Thanks. Now I get it. The LG's do seem to dominate the forums. I post at my own risk. :icon_twisted:

I can die happy, knowing I am responsible for starting an internet meme, no matter how trivial. :fi_lone_ranger:

It's not exactly a meme, but a petname. Like Cuddles.

I'd let that pass though. I'm terribly hurt.

Though in fairness most of those active here are not even directly from LG... or are they?

How come nobody mentioned anything about Howie Mandel/Mr Clean?

How come nobody mentioned anything about Howie Mandel/Mr Clean?

Mandel got all the mention he warrants. Being a 'D' list celebrity with a convenient name got him some screen time and a paycheck.

Edited by HeWolf

Mandel got all the mention he warrants. Being a 'D' list celebrity with a convenient name got him some screen time and a paycheck.

It was funny and his appearance at the airport on the same flight as Howard's set the tone for his storyline. But you are right the only reason he received the cameo was his name and the fact he supposedly is a comedian which made it even more lighthearted.

Edited by SodidIwin?

Very good episode almost excellent.

Holds up very well on repeat viewing.

While I loved Howard’s scenes what is going on with this character screen time?

It seems way up in the last dozen episodes.

Why shouldn't Howard have some screen time? His character has had some major growth and there's no reason not to show it.

Raj needs a little attention, IMO.

Sheldon & Amy and Leonard & Penny will always have plenty of screen time. THere's no reason not to explore the lives of the other characters.

Why shouldn't Howard have some screen time? His character has had some major growth and there's no reason not to show it.

Raj needs a little attention, IMO.

Sheldon &amp; Amy and Leonard &amp; Penny will always have plenty of screen time. THere's no reason not to explore the lives of the other characters.

Just as long as it is not to extensive. H/B has had a lot of screen time at the end of last season and the beginning of this one. When you only have 20 minutes to work with most fans aren't that interested in H/B or Raj and who or whatever he is involved with. But that's just IMHO.