The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.04 The Re-Entry Minimization (Oct. 18)

Your episode rating  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

Just as long as it is not to extensive. H/B has had a lot of screen time at the end of last season and the beginning of this one. When you only have 20 minutes to work with most fans aren't that interested in H/B or Raj and who or whatever he is involved with. But that's just IMHO.

Well, I still think that TPTB came up with a story for him and as far as I can tell, they're barely giving it much time. I'm sure that if you were to add up all of Howard's or H&B's screen time it wouldn't amount to that much. And even if it was half of the time of the episode, it's still not a lot of time to use to advance his story.

I don't begrudge the character(s) a little screen time, since I like them all.

Well, I still think that TPTB came up with a story for him and as far as I can tell, they're barely giving it much time. I'm sure that if you were to add up all of Howard's or H&B's screen time it wouldn't amount to that much. And even if it was half of the time of the episode, it's still not a lot of time to use to advance his story.

I don't begrudge the character(s) a little screen time, since I like them all.

I agree with you that they should have "a little screen time". H/B's storyline was good and I enjoyed it. It's now done, move on. As far as Raj goes, after 6 years his problem not being able to speak to women is just not funny anymore, rather it is quite sad. He has to drink to talk to women but then he gets drunk and becomes obnoxious. At that point the woman doesn't want and shouldn't want to be near him. Not funny! If that is all we see or him and Stuart which is equally not funny (They just don't have the same chemistry that Howard & Raj have). Then I feel they are just wasting time from the main characters just to give them a little screen time.

I agree with you that they should have "a little screen time". H/B's storyline was good and I enjoyed it. It's now done, move on.

Wow. Usually a couple has to have a kid before they are written off as completely devoid of any further interest. :D

Totally agree about Raj though. The mutism schtick got old a year or two ago (if not sooner) and they need to address that before he becomes completely pathetic. Of course, that will involve him changing...evolving... not everybody likes that. ;)

Wow. Usually a couple has to have a kid before they are written off as completely devoid of any further interest. :D

Totally agree about Raj though. The mutism schtick got old a year or two ago (if not sooner) and they need to address that before he becomes completely pathetic. Of course, that will involve him changing...evolving... not everybody likes that. ;)

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to dump H/B all together. Just move on to another storyline. :)

Why shouldn't Howard have some screen time? His character has had some major growth and there's no reason not to show it.

Raj needs a little attention, IMO.

Sheldon & Amy and Leonard & Penny will always have plenty of screen time. THere's no reason not to explore the lives of the other characters.

I was just pointing out what seemed to me to be an increase.

Mostly I was looking for confirmation or correction on that increase.

On the other hand Sodidlwin? is correct that time has to come from somewhere probably Raj.

I think H/B get so much time is that it's a very classic trope and so easy to write: the neurotic Jewish married boy caught between his mom and his wife. Actually the married man being domesticated aka 'tamed' (I'm being polite) by his wife is the same plot line you find in a million t.v. comedies. That's why they bore me; Howard is a nerd, but doesn't have a nerdy plot.

Raj gets sacrificed, I'm sorry as he's very good & they can do a lot more with him.

I think they were forced to do a lot with howard and bernie just because of all of the development with howard and changes in season 5. Now that he is back from space, maybe they will not concentrate on them as much.

Why shouldn't Howard have some screen time? His character has had some major growth and there's no reason not to show it.

Raj needs a little attention, IMO.

Sheldon & Amy and Leonard & Penny will always have plenty of screen time. THere's no reason not to explore the lives of the other characters.

Because Howard, Raj, Bernadette, and Amy are all secondary characters. The Primary characters are Sheldon, Leonard, and Penny, and they will always have the most screen time overall.

• Like 1

Because Howard, Raj, Bernadette, and Amy are all secondary characters. The Primary characters are Sheldon, Leonard, and Penny, and they will always have the most screen time overall.

I wasn't saying that they should have more time than the "Big 3", but that there's no harm in exploring an arc for those characters.

• Like 1

I'm a bit late to the party but I thought it was pretty good, not as amazing as I was expecting though.

Howard walking though those doors was a great moment… even though the cameras weren't for him. His jacket is so cool. I can't believe his mum is getting laid though!

Has anyone noticed Sheldon has so got a big thing for Madame Curie? he mentions her a lot. Amy's squinting to see waldo was cute, I would have liked her to have had a couple of better lines though. Penny's bit about handing Sheldon his ass was my favourite. His look of hate! And I'm much more of a shamy than a shenny, but throwing him down and kissing him… was a bit saucy :shy:

felt bad for h/b he wanted is friends for a big welcome.

bernie wanted a night of passion, then got sick.

when i think of the games in my closet.

box games from makers like avalon hill to steve jackson games,roll playing games dating back more than 20yrs.

and these "nerds" come up with pictioary,pie eating,dizzy math!?!?!?!,wheres waldo!?!?!?!?!?WTF.

i know the creators and writers hate nerds butt damn this was just the most lazy assed nerd hating bullshit yet.

Edited by goblyn-ina-trenchcoat

I was just curious as it's obvious she's got a bug due to the fact that Howard catches it at the end. Does she genuinely think that she has allergies or was she saying it to make him feel less grossed out? Any ideas.

46 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If Stuart's store is struggling so much, how can he afford to give a 20%/30% discount?

It might be a loss-leader.