The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nica

Episode 2.10 (Dec 8th)

We have some more information on the ratings for last night's episode. The show faced stiff competition from ABC's "A Charlie Brown Christmas", which placed it second, but it delivered a record-breaking audience again. The show was watched by 10.80 million people and recorded a 3.7/10 rating the adults 18-49 demographic. http://the-big-bang-theory.com/story/1014/Episode+2.10+Ratings+Update/

Kaley is amazing. Her expressions and comic delivery are wonderful, especially in the scene when she walks into the apartment in the morning looking for coffee. The look on her face as she watches Leonard try to explain who she is to Stephanie is priceless. Penny, thanks to Kaley's brilliant performances, is rapidly becoming my favourite character on the show, much more than Sheldon, who is becoming as annoying to me as he is to Leonard. ('narcissistic droning' indeed!) But we do need to get Howard and Raj back into the picture a little more. No one can deliver this line like Raj: 'It's got a bird on it, dude ...'

• Like 1

I have to say that the whole Doctor Stephanie plot arc is wearing thin to me. I hope Leonard dumps her soon. Or did he dump her already at the end there with the text? Leonard: (about texting a breakup message to Stephanie) 'Isn't that kinda cowardly?' Howard: 'Oh yeah, it's beyond contemptible.' Raj: 'That's true, But on the other hand, you are wearing a bird sweater.' Leonard: (glances down at the bird on his sweater) 'Sold.' ...and he picks up the phone ... Would you all agree that the conversation between Leonard and Penny in the laundry room was actually moving their own relationship along a little? Except for her checking her watch when he said he and Stephanie had just had sex. ('You've been gone from the laundry room how long?') Remember, she has 36-hour sex marathons! And she's a 'big ol' five'. Don't know if Leonard could handle Penny!

I agree with Steve.. Which is said, I like her character, but.. she is getting in the way of rest of the cast. We only saw Koothrappali and Wolowitz at lunch. And that seemed forced by the writers. I hope she does move back to her place, this would allow the others to come back in to the story. Also it's not cool that she is changing Lenard, super not cool. Let the Geek be!

Haha I think Leonard wouldn't handle Penny either lol But I think Penny forgot she liked him for now. And I wanted to smack Stephanie when she got all needy...

It's interesting to see the contrast between most of the romantic entanglements in the show -- such as Penny's string of boyfriends, Howard's creepy voyeurism, and even Leonard and Stephanie -- and the kind of honest, supportive caring that seems to be developing very gradually between Leonard and Penny. It's as if they are gradually forming an honest, deep, balanced, loving relationship of the type they don't even realise they're both looking for. If this is what the writers are aiming for, they're doing a spectacular job of it. Look at that conversation in the laundry room. Penny is being so supportive and showing such affection, all in the context of friendship.

this is the worst and scariest episode to me: for countless of times women have tried to do to me same thing as steph for Leonard here.

you know the drill. lady decides to take over your live by very sublty starting to get rid of things in your life that she deems inappropriate or childish or some such.

luckily leonard got rid of steph! thank God! and thank God i have also gotten rid of all those women who think miniatures are toys and that adults should not play pokemon on their DS!

as an aside, I would never give up a loved hobby for a woman. and i hope none of the BB character will neither.

@ Steve I doubt Leonard would have the stamina to hang with penny, it's not surprising that he wouldn't have the same stamina as her.

On 08/12/2008 at 9:38 PM, Steve said:

Kaley is amazing. Her expressions and comic delivery are wonderful, especially in the scene when she walks into the apartment in the morning looking for coffee. The look on her face as she watches Leonard try to explain who she is to Stephanie is priceless. Penny, thanks to Kaley's brilliant performances, is rapidly becoming my favourite character on the show, much more than Sheldon, who is becoming as annoying to me as he is to Leonard. ('narcissistic droning' indeed!) But we do need to get Howard and Raj back into the picture a little more. No one can deliver this line like Raj: 'It's got a bird on it, dude ...'

Totally agree. Just rewatched ths ep and went over the scene you mention several times. KC's facial acting never gets old. IMO she is the finest comic actress of her generation, and should be doing mkore than just TBBT.

On 7/2/2010 at 1:05 PM, Sherminator said:

I would never give up a loved hobby for a woman. and I hope none of the BB character will neither.

Leonard almost did, in 14 The Nerdvana Annihilation.

Leonard technically gave up his hobbies for Penny in Nerdvana Annihilation.