Penny & Amy

Okay. Everyone is all up in arms with the Sheldon & Amy relationship. That is nothing in comparison to ... Amy & Penny!

Let's stir some hot oil - Amy seems as attracted to Penny as she to Sheldon. What do you think about the lesbian twist? Now THAT would be interesting. No?

Just a concept idea.

However you want to interpret Amy's lesbian remarks toward Penny - hero worship, genuine attraction, whatever - the only effect it seems to have on Penny is to make her uncomfortable.

However you want to interpret Amy's lesbian remarks toward Penny - hero worship, genuine attraction, whatever - the only effect it seems to have on Penny is to make her uncomfortable.

I agree. Amys behaviour may seem Lesbian but I think its only because she really does worship Penny, she is a friend she has never had, someone she wanted to be when she was younger. Amy does not know a great deal about social concepts and boundaries so does not exacalty know what is appropriate like Sheldon, but I do know what you mean, when she mentions rolling around naked in mud for hen night type thing for Bernys wedding and always complimenting Penny's looks. But I do believe its just because she can't believe Penny is her friend.

I think she is more attractive to Sheldon 'sexy praying mantis' other wise she be would asking Penny to have her way her in a motel across the street rather than Sheldon. ^_^ She loves Sheldon all the way! <3

Edited by LoveShamy
  • Like 2

I agree. Amys behaviour may seem Lesbian but I think its only because she really does worship Penny, she is a friend she has never had, someone she wanted to be when she was younger. Amy does not know a great deal about social concepts and boundaries so does not exacalty know what is appropriate like Sheldon, but I do know what you mean, when she mentions rolling around naked in mud for hen night type thing for Bernys wedding and always complimenting Penny's looks. But I do believe its just because she can't believe Penny is her friend.

I think she is more attractive to Sheldon 'sexy praying mantis' other wise she be would asking Penny to have her way her in a motel across the street rather than Sheldon. ^_^ She loves Sheldon all the way! <3

Thank you for your comment. This was a concept idea.

Thank you for your comment. ^_^

I think there were a lot of interviews where Mayim mentioned that Amy's just being bi-curious and that since she never had any friends back in the day, she's jus trying to make -up for all the lost experiences she had. I mean, Amy keeps on hinting how "Penny is such a goddess". It's like they are trying to show here how society looks upon those who are beautiful on the outside, when clearly Amy's such a vixen after all. We just need someone to remind her of that constantly so she won't feel insecure about herself.

• Like 2

I get the feeling that we will see less of this in season 6. In the last episode, when she told sheldon that penny was yelling at her on the phone, it didn't seem to bother her (like it did when penny got mad at her in early season 5). I hope this is the case, and amy gotten over her penny worship and has more self confidence.

I agree. I've always LOLed at Amy's creepy comments. My favorite one is from Werewolf: "There’s not a hair on my body I wouldn’t let this woman trim" (Mayim's deadpan delivery was fantastic). However, they had the same effect on Penny that Howard's creepy comments from S1 and S2 had, which is to make her uncomfortable, with a few exceptions such as when Amy told her that she would fetch a unicorn. Since Penny seemed uncomfortable, it made Amy seem stalkerish. I was a bit concerned that it had become a recurring gag like Howard's mommy issues. I think it is hero worship, even though Mayim seems to think Amy is bi-curious, which could make sense since Amy is kind of going through a puberty phase now. In any case, it's been pretty obvious to me that the writers have significantly toned it down since late last season. It seems like Amy's now redirecting her comments towards Sheldon, as one would expect from someone like her in a romantic relationship. I think that we'll still hear the occasional line from Amy regarding Penny's beauty or cuteness, but I don't think we'll hear more sexual remarks directed at Penny.

• Like 1

I don't think there ever really was a "lesbian Amy" so much as there was an Amy that was overwhelmed by the friendship of a woman she found to be beautiful in the way that Amy perhaps had always wanted to be. Amy wanted to be a princess, a prom queen, or some other conventional beauty, but never was. She was excluded by such people until now.

In an early episode Amy asked Penny if she was going to touch her breasts--and seemed both alarmed and intrigued by the idea. I think at that time one could say that Amy was so unsure of what any kind of female friendship/attention meant that she jumped to the lesbian conclusion--if another woman is nice to you, it must be that she's a lesbian trying to hit on you. But then, Penny was so pretty, maybe it would be okay, or maybe anyone paying her that kind of attention would be okay. Or not...

The one thing I got out of that "there's not a hair on my body I wouldn't let this woman trim", besides Penny's funny look, was the fact that Sheldon was turning to Amy for confirmation as to whether or not he should let Penny cut his hair. He didn't ask Leonard's opinion, or seek assurance from Penny. He asked Amy's opinion. I liked that. And the fact that his bongo-wandering had led him to Amy's door (if not her bed...) ;)

The one thing I got out of that "there's not a hair on my body I wouldn't let this woman trim", besides Penny's funny look, was the fact that Sheldon was turning to Amy for confirmation as to whether or not he should let Penny cut his hair. He didn't ask Leonard's opinion, or seek assurance from Penny. He asked Amy's opinion. I liked that. And the fact that his bongo-wandering had led him to Amy's door (if not her bed...) ;)

"Where are you going?"

"Wherever the music takes me, Kitten."

Conclusion: The music led him to Amy.

Okay once again. Amy's remarks are bi-curious, it's very common for adolescent, college age women (let's face it Amy is at this stage of social/sexual development) to explore their sexuality this way. So she may be bisexual, but never lesbian; because lesbians (and I am one) aren't sexually attracted to men; we don't want to date them or anything else which Amy seems plenty eager to do :icon_wink:

If Any were a burgeoning lesbian with an attraction to Penny; she'd sigh, moon silently over her & go to her university Lesbian LGBTQ or local lesbian meet up group and find a ton of girls who are interested in dating other girls. And all her lesbian friends would warn her that the Penny straight girl crush would go nowhere; curious straight girls always wind up with men. 99% of the lesbians I know would never date a bisexual much less a curious straight girl...who needs the pain?

Edited by annieogly

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

why are people still talking about the "lesbian" comments? they haven't happenned since Speckerman Recurrence...

why are people still talking about the "lesbian" comments? they haven't happenned since Speckerman Recurrence...

Good question. They seemed to have died out.

I suppose they're still a topic for the same reason people still talk about Leslie Winkel being a part of the show. She's been gone since The Lunar Excitation at the end of Season Three. Maybe syndication and the repeated episodes are keeping things fresher in people's minds than they are on the show. IDK...

Good question. They seemed to have died out.

I suppose they're still a topic for the same reason people still talk about Leslie Winkel being a part of the show. She's been gone since The Lunar Excitation at the end of Season Three. Maybe syndication and the repeated episodes are keeping things fresher in people's minds than they are on the show. IDK...

If that is the case, then it will be hard to convince people with regards to what they only know. For example, there was this friend of mine who posts the bbt clips on youtube and there was a comment saying that Sheldon should leave Amy because she's an alcoholic. I mean, come on. Not to bash Penny or anything but Penny has the hints of alcoholism and Amy was only drunk for 2 episodes. It was even Penny who introduced it to Amy:

tumblr_mbly81XTay1qbme8m.gif

I guess only casual viewers who don't watch them chronologically and pretends to be a smartass as if they knew the entire premise of the show gives such comments like that. They do not catch obvious set-ups and they might even think that Stuart's dating Penny.