Do You Want Sheldon To Get Closer To Amy?

chacharul

Sheldon should focus on work more and stop spending time with Amy so much.

What does that even mean? There's been nothing seen or said to suggest Sheldon has missed any work to spend time with Amy. He has regular office hours at Cal Tech. Spending time with Amy is not causing him to miss work.

If Sheldon needed to concentrate on his work more, there are plenty of things besides Amy that he could turn away from--Halo night, Ka'a, movies, comic-book night, paintball, etc. As HeWolf said, it's not as if he's missing work to be with her. He's probably less of a slacker than any of the others, so I don't think the occasional date-night with Amy is going to derail his work.

• Like 1

Is that you, Ramona?

If you want him to focus more on his work, he should also stop interacting with all of the people around him.

Seriously? blame the girlfriend...

Although he may not have physically missed work, the relationship has effected his concentration level. Last season he was extremely upset because he had to cuddle with Amy. He said he was a physicist not a cuddle bunny. Then when he was playing chess with Leonard he explains how he was deep in thought in an experiment and particles morphed into Amy's dandruff. The more and more he becomes human because of their relationship the less he will be able to focus as super keenly as he did prior. His first love is physics. If Sheldon begins to believe their relationship is causing him problems with that there will be trouble in Shammyville!

• Like 1

Although he may not have physically missed work, the relationship has effected his concentration level. Last season he was extremely upset because he had to cuddle with Amy. He said he was a physicist not a cuddle bunny. Then when he was playing chess with Leonard he explains how he was deep in thought in an experiment and particles morphed into Amy's dandruff. The more and more he becomes human because of their relationship the less he will be able to focus as super keenly as he did prior. His first love is physics. If Sheldon begins to believe their relationship is causing him problems with that there will be trouble in Shammyville!

I don't have a problem with that. There's a hundred fanfics that had that theme and I've been accustomed to the idea already of Amy having to deal with a guy who has a relationship with something not concrete.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Sheldon should focus on work more and stop spending time with Amy so much.

All work and no play makes Jack (Sheldon) a dull boy

well.... if it was a matter of Physics OR lovelife then I could concede, but it isn't. It's all a matter of balance. Pom here could tell you, as could I that one thing doesn't take from the other. I love Physicis with all my soul, but I also love my fiancee (even if he is an oompa loompa of sicence :icon_lol:), Einstein, Feinmann, Hawking, etc all married, and all of them more than once, just to name a few.

Sheldon's lack of concentration doesn't come from his relationship with Amy itself. It comes from his own feelings. He wasn't upset with Amy because of the cuddling, he was upset with Penny & Bernadette for hurting her. He blamed them and not Amy for that, and also yelled at the guys to make it right. And even after that, when Amy called drink from the parking lot, he didn't hesitate a second on going to get her.

And Sheldon's dandruff fantasizing... well... when he starts seein those "pale slightly hunched shoulders" for real he won't need to fantasize about them anymore.

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 3

I loved it in the parking lot scene when Amy called him "Cuddles" and Leonard went, "Cuddles?" and Sheldon said, "Yes, we cuddled. Grow up, Leonard!" :D

I think that maybe Sheldon may have some concentration issues at this point because he's never had to find the balance between a girlfriend and his work. The distraction is new to him, not something he was expecting to occur. I think that one could say that as he gets used to the role that Amy now plays in his life that he'll be able to find a better balance. But for now, her wiles are just now getting under his skin in unexpected ways and he's feeling and thinking about things he has never has experienced.

• Like 1

Is that you, Ramona?

If you want him to focus more on his work, he should also stop interacting with all of the people around him.

Seriously? blame the girlfriend...

My thoughts exactly Jeanalice. Why does Amy get blamed? Penny is more of a distraction than Amy, she is there 24/7. I hope they do get closer but keeping their nerdiness like they always have :) maybe a good old smooch.

Edited by LoveShamy

SHELDON!!! YOU LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!!!! STOP SPENDING SO MUCH TIME WITH THE LITTLE HOTSY TOTSY GIRL FROM GLENDALE AND FOCUS ON YOUR WORK!!!!

If I took this right, then LOL yeah! :icon_cheesygrin: Honestly, I'd like to see Sheldon realize his feelings a little bit more - like when he said to Leonard "whan have this vixen done to me!" :wub:

I mean, sure, we /Shamyfans/ see all the lovey-dovey-nerdy-wierdy things between them, don't we? ^_^ I'm definitely for them stepping more and more closer

All work and no play makes Jack (Sheldon) a dull boy

well.... if it was a matter of Physics OR lovelife then I could concede, but it isn't. It's all a matter of balance. Pom here could tell you, as could I that one thing doesn't take from the other. I love Physicis with all my soul, but I also love my fiancee (even if he is an oompa loompa of sicence :icon_lol:), Einstein, Feinmann, Hawking, etc all married, and all of them more than once, just to name a few.

Sheldon's lack of concentration doesn't come from his relationship with Amy itself. It comes from his own feelings. He wasn't upset with Amy because of the cuddling, he was upset with Penny & Bernadette for hurting her. He blamed them and not Amy for that, and also yelled at the guys to make it right. And even after that, when Amy called drink from the parking lot, he didn't hesitate a second on going to get her.

And Sheldon's dandruff fantasizing... well... when he starts seein those "pale slightly hunched shoulders" for real he won't need to fantasize about them anymore.

Seconded. :p

To be honest, as I keep saying sometimes, there are phases in everyone's lives when relationships cause some distraction from other things - at the times of a first crush, the very beginning of one's first (or only) serious relationship, and during some 'rainy days' with relationship problems. That's as true for geeks and physicists as anyone else, and, to use a cliche, is a part of life. In the long run, that never has and never will reduce someone's value as a scientist, unless it's a really bad relationship and then you need to get out of it anyway.

Also, it's often the suppression of feelings which causes more emotional disturbance than the feelings themselves, and this is especially relevant in Sheldon's case. Once you settle into a happy stable relationship, it actually helps work (speaking from experience).

Edited by Pomita

• 2 weeks later...

I do think that Sheldon should get closer to Amy. Why? Because as we all know, Sheldon is pretty much the epitome of socially awkward. And based on what we have seen thus far in the series, I think that it would be hilarious to watch Sheldon attempt to turn his "agreement" with Amy into a regular relationship.

• 2 months later...

IMO Sheldon is still immature at times even "infantile". There are so many little externations in his behaviour to corroborate that he needs to go either directions to grow into manhood in all respects.

Edited by wannamaker

Really?  We're worried about Sheldon's ability to concentrate at work?  This is the same character who got into a turf war with Raj over having a desk in his office, got into a turf war with Howard over a parking spot, dressed up as a French maid at work in order to meet Stephen Hawking, and booby-trapped Kripke's lab with foaming chemicals.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to see Sheldon get closer to Amy, for the simple fact that social and emotional relationships confuse him. If they did have intimate relations it would be fun to watch the before and after awkwardness that would ensue. as well as the group shift in dynamics and how the girls vs boys would talk and react to it.