Sign in to follow this  
Nica

Episode 2.11 (Dec 15th)

It will probably have been changed because they didn't want to advertise Dr Pepper. Usually on US TV if they're showing a proper brand name then it's because they're being paid for it or it's one of their sponsors. So they probably changed the name for those reasons and Dr Peeper is a funny way to change it.

It will probably have been changed because they didn't want to advertise Dr Pepper. Usually on US TV if they're showing a proper brand name then it's because they're being paid for it or it's one of their sponsors. So they probably changed the name for those reasons and Dr Peeper is a funny way to change it.

I'm surprised. they do not have problem with 7up or coke. the miraculous world of product placement, eh?

-Still, the reason I noticed it is that I LOVE Dr Pepper, and it's peppery taste, and so i was really glad that one of the guys was having some too. only, when I stilled the image, it turned out he wasn't!

as an aside, if they guys are so smart, why are they drinking sugary sodas on meal??? I mean it's horribly unhealthy...

Look closer. They change the Coke to Cola, although the label design is the same as a real Coke can. The 7Up labels are changed too. All labels are changed by the art department unless the product can be aligned so that the brand name doesn't show on camera. Check out the candy in the vending machine in the cafeteria. The candy bars are turned so that you can't read the labels.

Steve

The Wiki

Look closer. They change the Coke to Cola, although the label design is the same as a real Coke can. The 7Up labels are changed too. All labels are changed by the art department unless the product can be aligned so that the brand name doesn't show on camera. Check out the candy in the vending machine in the cafeteria. The candy bars are turned so that you can't read the labels.

Steve

The Wiki

thanks for the heads up, Steve!

-I'm serious! this insight has given me a good reason to watch all the episodes again. Which is excellent way to pass time till the day S3 is out!:icon_lol:

Feel free to make a list of the fake brand names and add it to the wiki. I think a lot of people would enjoy seeing how they alter the well-known names.

Steve

The Wiki

I would need Blu Ray to catch them all, i think. With regular DVD quality, you can rarely read any labels clearly enough.

-So, one more reason to get BluRay spinner, eh?

this was one of my favorite episodes of the second season.

sheldon hugging penny after he opened his gift from her was priceless:)

you would never think that would ever happen.

this episode got jim parsons nominated for a golden globe award:)

This is one of my favorite episodes, loved the scene where penny gives Sheldon the leonard nemoy napkin and brought out all the baskits and then hugged her priceless, of course leonard's whinny bitchiness fell sorry for me almost ruined it but like I said almost

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Just noticed something:-

Sheldon: Wait! You bought me a present?

Penny: Uh-huh.

Penny didn't buy Sheldon a present.

She had Leonard Nimoy sign a napkin, from the Cheesecake Factory.

lol I think penny's reaction was aiming at the "present"part,not particularly the "bought" part, sure she didn't buy it, but it was a persent indeed.