The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

Fan Fiction Section?

I've read a few great fanfic stories written by people right here on this forum and I think a section for people to post their stories, stories they like, etc. would be nice :-).

Just a thought...:-).

Monique

The section can also be for those who have idea's they've written for the show just for fun, like scenes, plot ideas, etc.

Monique

It would be nice to have a place to post links.

I don't know that we'd necessarily want actual whole stories posted here if they're very large, but a place to post a link would be nice so that they'd all be in one place and in a place where they wouldn't be off-topic.

Yes, links to them would be better and we can discuss here. Or, if someone has a story short enough to go here, that would work.

Monique

I'm not one to read fan fiction. Nothing personal, it just doesn't appeal to me. But, I do know there are a lot of people that enjoying writing it, and many more that would like to read it. So, this does seem like a good idea. Also, if there was a place on the forum designated for fan fiction, then it might help keep other threads from being hijacked and taken off topic. I can't remember the specific thread but there was a lively discussion diverted completely off topic when it turned into a discussion of some fan fiction a member was posting on a different site.

A place for the fan fic advocates to post and discuss on the topic would probably be a good idea.

HeWolf, yes, that's exactly it. I was in that thread where the topic got switched to fan fiction. LOL. That's what inspired me to come post this.

Monique

I'm not one to read fan fiction. Nothing personal, it just doesn't appeal to me. But, I do know there are a lot of people that enjoying writing it, and many more that would like to read it. So, this does seem like a good idea. Also, if there was a place on the forum designated for fan fiction, then it might help keep other threads from being hijacked and taken off topic. I can't remember the specific thread but there was a lively discussion diverted completely off topic when it turned into a discussion of some fan fiction a member was posting on a different site.

A place for the fan fic advocates to post and discuss on the topic would probably be a good idea.

Yeah, that was probably me--I posted a link where we had sort of discussed the topic that led to the story, since there was no other place to post it.

In the XF board I frequent we have a fanfic folder. Those who don't care about fanfic can easily avoid it and those who enjoy reading, writing, discussing can hang out there.

I think this is a good idea. Would a sub-forum under "The Show" board be all right?

I think this is a good idea. Would a sub-forum under "The Show" board be all right?

I think that would make sense. Thanks!

Now I just have to scurry off and write some more. :)

• Like 1

That would be perfect :-).

Monique

I think that would make sense. Thanks!

Now I just have to scurry off and write some more. :)

Please do write more. You're good at it :-)

Monique

I can't find it! I love fan and rpf fiction. If you don't know rpf is real person fiction, basically like Johnny and Jim, etc..

I love writing and reading it, but I can't seem to find it. Help, please? :icon_redface:

I would like this. I just started reading one person on fanfic that writes shamy stories, and it has been fun. I'd love to have a place where we can let each other know which ones are good.

Okay. Call me a fanatic.

I made a list a while ago of all the shamy fanfics that are present in FFnet and those that are tolerable and readable. Of course, they're all in English and I kind of omitted the Spanish ones not because I'm racist but because I haven't read any of them so I can't really recommend.

If you want, you can browse all of those that have been written here.

If you want the REALLY, REALLY GOOD KIND, you can start off reading XMarisolX's work. She's like, the QUEEN of all Shamy fanfic authors. Her work are not only convincing but it's really well-written and you'd really wish for some of them to happen in the show.

Her Shamy-verse:

The Coitus Consideration- A sweet fanfic that doesn't need to have lots of sex to justify they are meant for each other, unlike some fanfics with non-canon couples who miraculously ends up together in bed just because the blonde monkey gave the whackadoodle a job.

The Gamete Indeterminacy- This one is my favorite because I got hooked on Shamy fanfics last December back when there were only 3 chapters. Then, I would stalk the updates in livejournal and that Mari was now aware of an obsessed Shamy fangirl stalking her LJ every 2-3 days. It's really THAT good.

The Connubial Catalyst- It's the sequel for Gamete Indeterminacy and that it's still ongoing. You won't be able to understand it that much if you haven't read TGI.

I'm kind of feeling lazy so I'll post her link here. She has a few more good ones. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/567710/XMarisolX

Some of the great ones I've read:

The Relationship Complexities (go fracking read this)

Girlfriend in a box

Sound mind and Judgement

Relationship Amendment

Kripke Conundrum

The Brobdingnagian Desk Displacement

The Coccinella Correlation

The Neurochemical Analysis

The Mentholated Nasopharyngitis Conundrum (this one's hot)

The Eye Coitus Education (this one was written because we kind of coerced the author to write about eye coitus and romance novels the time when The Werewolf Transformation came out)

The Learning Alteration

The Relocation Discrepancy (I cried my eyes out on the second to the last chapter here. It's AU and it's about them meeting in their teenage years) (God, how I love the writing of this one, it's like a British novel)

The Sadomasochism Realisation (Chloe/bigbangsheldon's BDSM sort of fanfic)

The Relationship Evolution

The Reconnection Epiphany

The Nuptial Endeavor (Bridezilla Amy?)

The Theory of Objectivity (A supposed one-shot that turned into a multi-chapter because of insistence)

The Procreation Proposal (Relationship Evolution Sequel, sort of)

The Slip Up

The Countdown Reaction

Sheld'iliad or The Judgment of Sheldon

The Emotion Approximation

The Interview (lol this one... it has the RPF feel to it though)

The Rooftop Incident (Pon Farr put into good use)

The Montserrat Resurgence (best use of Original Character)

Sightings of the Loch Ness Monster

The Coinciding Catalysts

And If You Blink, You'll Miss It (From Penny's POV)

The Star Crossed Glitch (Sometimes I secretly wish this one would happen so that Amy could be avenged)

The Specious Sibling Ultimatum (three words: George Cooper Jr)

First

Dear Constanza

Schrödinger's Catastrophe (Of course, Lex's! I bawled my eyes outta this one)

Someone To Love You Better

So, that's about it for now. I did not include the ones I wrote because they're truly subpar and I am kind of embarrassed right now to promote my own works.

• Like 1

@jeanalice not big fan of the fan fiction

but, read the relationship complexities based off

of you to read it. it was good- little long 32 pages

had the all of the cast in it that made it better,

it was not all shamy. :icon_lol: thanks

Okay. Call me a fanatic.

I made a list a while ago of all the shamy fanfics that are present in FFnet and those that are tolerable and readable. Of course, they're all in English and I kind of omitted the Spanish ones not because I'm racist but because I haven't read any of them so I can't really recommend.

If you want, you can browse all of those that have been written here.

If you want the REALLY, REALLY GOOD KIND, you can start off reading XMarisolX's work. She's like, the QUEEN of all Shamy fanfic authors. Her work are not only convincing but it's really well-written and you'd really wish for some of them to happen in the show.

Her Shamy-verse:

The Coitus Consideration- A sweet fanfic that doesn't need to have lots of sex to justify they are meant for each other, unlike some fanfics with non-canon couples who miraculously ends up together in bed just because the blonde monkey gave the whackadoodle a job.

The Gamete Indeterminacy- This one is my favorite because I got hooked on Shamy fanfics last December back when there were only 3 chapters. Then, I would stalk the updates in livejournal and that Mari was now aware of an obsessed Shamy fangirl stalking her LJ every 2-3 days. It's really THAT good.

The Connubial Catalyst- It's the sequel for Gamete Indeterminacy and that it's still ongoing. You won't be able to understand it that much if you haven't read TGI.

I'm kind of feeling lazy so I'll post her link here. She has a few more good ones. http://www.fanfictio...67710/XMarisolX

Some of the great ones I've read:

The Relationship Complexities (go fracking read this)

Girlfriend in a box

Sound mind and Judgement

Relationship Amendment

Kripke Conundrum

The Brobdingnagian Desk Displacement

The Coccinella Correlation

The Neurochemical Analysis

The Mentholated Nasopharyngitis Conundrum (this one's hot)

The Eye Coitus Education (this one was written because we kind of coerced the author to write about eye coitus and romance novels the time when The Werewolf Transformation came out)

The Learning Alteration

The Relocation Discrepancy (I cried my eyes out on the second to the last chapter here. It's AU and it's about them meeting in their teenage years) (God, how I love the writing of this one, it's like a British novel)

The Sadomasochism Realisation (Chloe/bigbangsheldon's BDSM sort of fanfic)

The Relationship Evolution

The Reconnection Epiphany

The Nuptial Endeavor (Bridezilla Amy?)

The Theory of Objectivity (A supposed one-shot that turned into a multi-chapter because of insistence)

The Procreation Proposal (Relationship Evolution Sequel, sort of)

The Slip Up

The Countdown Reaction

Sheld'iliad or The Judgment of Sheldon

The Emotion Approximation

The Interview (lol this one... it has the RPF feel to it though)

The Rooftop Incident (Pon Farr put into good use)

The Montserrat Resurgence (best use of Original Character)

Sightings of the Loch Ness Monster

The Coinciding Catalysts

And If You Blink, You'll Miss It (From Penny's POV)

The Star Crossed Glitch (Sometimes I secretly wish this one would happen so that Amy could be avenged)

The Specious Sibling Ultimatum (three words: George Cooper Jr)

First

Dear Constanza

Schrödinger's Catastrophe (Of course, Lex's! I bawled my eyes outta this one)

Someone To Love You Better

So, that's about it for now. I did not include the ones I wrote because they're truly subpar and I am kind of embarrassed right now to promote my own works.

Wow! Thanks! I got a lot of reading to do! LOL. I really enjoy fan fiction. It's probably one of the only ways you can get this not-much-of-a-reader chick to read. LOL.

Monique

One that I read was the link below. It's not finished yet, so it a little let down when i got to the end, but maybe she will update soon.

http://www.fanfictio...rrat-Resurgence

Can't wait to start on your list!!

OH MOTHER FREAKING SHIT HOW THE HELL HAVE I FORGOTTEN THAT? I've already asked for the Atabey (the writer) for me to beta her work but she's still not done with her update.

Oh wait. it's in my list. hahahah. The list I made there are mostly made by the gas that I know off from the LG and some are simply amazing reads.

OH MOTHER FREAKING SHIT HOW THE HELL HAVE I FORGOTTEN THAT? I've already asked for the Atabey (the writer) for me to beta her work but she's still not done with her update.

Oh wait. it's in my list. hahahah. The list I made there are mostly made by the gas that I know off from the LG and some are simply amazing reads.

Oh, good! Then she's working on it. I read her ENTIRE story recently and as long as it is already, thought it was completed so when I got to the end I was like, "NOOOOOOOOOO!" LOL.

Monique

Thanks a lot, Tripper. So awesome to have a little place to escape so we don't get on other people's nerves. LOL.

Monique

Feel free to move this one if you don't mind since it's got links to fan fiction :-).

Monique

• Like 1