Sheldon's Sexuality

In the first episode of season 1,Sheldon and leanord go to donate sperm at a sperm bank.But sheldon is supposed to be asexual.How on earth does he masturbate if he is asexual.Because inorder to ejaculate you need sexual arousal.

Someone please clarify that for me.I am sorry if this question sounds inappropriate but its a curiosity i have had since season 1 and would appreciate if someone could explain that.

I love the show!!

I don't think that he's really asexual in any kind of clinical sense. He just doesn't bother with it, say, 99.9% of the time.

Also, the Sheldon we see in the pilot is somewhat different than how he is even just a few episodes later. In the pilot he's even kind of flirting with Penny a little, when he sees that she's impressed by his whiteboard calculations.

And later on in the series he does say that his genitals are fully functional and aesthetically pleasing. Don't know how he came to the "aesthetically pleasing" conclusion, but it's not hard to see how he might have discovered that they are fully functional.

You might think of him kind of like a monk--he's fully capable of sexual activity, he simply chooses not to participate.

But, of course, now he has Amy who is slowly affecting him.

• Like 1

If you go to wiki and search Sheldon Cooper you will find the answer to that. Prady said the character is not fully developed until ep 4 so there are a few inconsistencies in the first few episodes. Sheldon is a virgin and behaves asexual so far. Asexual people are quite rare but do exist. Sheldon has little or no interest in physical contact but they may be trying to introduce this to his character with Amy. 

I think his sexuality is simply slumbering, waiting to be awakened by a kiss... :wub:

A kiss given BY HIM ... A kiss initiated BY HIM ... That he feels the desire to give a kiss ... In which he is the giver ... Which is very difficult, because of his psychosocial history ... :icon_rolleyes:

A kiss given BY HIM ... A kiss initiated BY HIM ... That he feels the desire to give a kiss ... In which he is the giver ... Which is very difficult, because of his psychosocial history ... :icon_rolleyes:

I don't think so, necessarily. He's been kissed by his mother, his meemaw, perhaps his sister, and by Leonard's mother, but none of these were kisses of romantic intent (well, Leonard's mom, who knows--she was drunk...) from a potential romantic partner, like Amy.

He had almost no reaction to the kiss from Mrs. Hofstadter other than bewilderment, but the first time Amy kissed him he was "fascinated".

I think that being kissed by Amy, a girl he obviously has affection for, is what will awaken his desire to take the initiative.

He already has the desire to claim Amy as his girlfriend and though he's perhaps still sorting out what that means, he already knows he wants her as his girlfriend, which is a step up from his monk-like stance before he met her.

He's finally hitting emotional puberty and his body will follow eventually. Amy just needs to keep planting those kisses on him until he realizes he actually likes it. :p

• Like 1

I am waiting for an episode where penny does a makeover on amy. I so want to see sheldons reaction to amy in a tight, low-cut dress that shows off her figure. It would be great because he would be in denial, but looking, nonetheless.

Sheldon got turned on by physics and said its like looking at the universe naked. He is not asexual he is Uni-sexual which in this context means his "deal" is the entire universe and all it contains (you know except for Radiohead and germs) and he is bio-curious which means he is starting to fall for a biologist aka Amy Farrah Fowler. Soon he will be giving his V card away to her and officially become a sex maniac with a journal to chart his sexual progression with Amy including consistency, number of orgasms and to be able to issue her sexual performance reviews on a quarterly or bimonthly basis. LOL ;)

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 2

Soon he will be giving his V card away to her and officially become a sex maniac with a journal to chart his sexual progression with Amy including consistency, number of orgasms and to be able to issue her sexual performance reviews on a quarterly or bimonthly basis. LOL ;)

:icon_razz:

This could happen ... if he is engaged in sex as much as he is engaged in his usual interests ... (trains, video games, Finnish, Mandarin, etc ...) :icon_razz:

• Like 2

SuperLoveLexi - :D

I like the idea of his being awakened by a kiss. And the necessity of Amy 'keeping on planting them on him', so that he can become awaked eventually, after a sufficiently large number of times, which someone unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence. :)

Edited by Pomita

Amy's going to ask him for sex in the next season or so...and he's going to say 'no'!!!!

She will reluctantly accept his decision, because she loves him and doesn't want to break up. He will eventually change his mind or think very seriously about meeting Amy halfway even if this is not full sex.

He will attempt to inform her of his change of mind and fail. Amy has already accepted that nothing will ever happen between them and put it out of mind. So sheldon tries a few shy attempts, but she doesn't understand. Some one else has to tell her.

Edited by Moonbase

Amy's going to ask him for sex in the next season or so...and he's going to say 'no'!!!!

She will reluctantly accept his decision, because she loves him and doesn't want to break up. He will eventually change his mind or think very seriously about meeting Amy halfway even if this is not full sex.

He will attempt to inform her of his change of mind and fail. Amy has already accepted that nothing will ever happen between them and put it out of mind. So sheldon tries a few shy attempts, but she doesn't understand. Some one else has to tell her.

Hmmm...I don't see it that way, I guess.

She's already asked him for sex once, back before they became girlfriend/boyfriend, as I recall. Though they negotiated their way down to cuddling, she clearly hasn't given up working her way toward that goal. She's still pushing his boudaries and probably figures she'll get him there sooner or later.

I think that Amy would be looking for any change of mind he might display, so if he were to try to take the initiative I imagine she'd be all over that.

I still think that he'll have to be led there by her and that it will be her physical advances that will "awaken" his physical apetite, eventually. I don't know that he will be able to reason his way toward that goal. I think it's going to have to be a matter of his body leading his mind in that direction.

I think what Phantagrae says is more likely to be the direction they will take. But I really like Moonbase's version, too, because it would involve the interesting premise of their respective positions within the relationship getting reversed for a short while.

Let's wait and watch!

Speaking of Sheldon's puberty, I recently rewatched the ep where Raj goes to work for/with Sheldon. After they've been in the office all night contemplating the equation on the whiteboard, Sheldon has a pretty good 5-o'clock-shadow that absolutely KILLS me!

I figure it was probably makeup, but I also watched a few clips from one of the ComicCon panels, 2011, I think, where JP's wearing a blue plaid shirt and he seems to have a bit of facial hair growth and he looks fantastic there, also. It really alters that baby-face look that he usually has. :)

Oh, and I think it would be interesting to have Amy react to something like that. I know that I once had a pretty visceral reaction to my "not-my-boyfriend" when I saw him with a pretty good 5-o'clock-shadow going on.

Edited by phantagrae

Well I have my own theory. Amy just informed us of her four year plan and how in exactly four years she plans to Marry Sheldon. I think that was writers sly way of indicating that if this show is around in four more seasons which lets face it with how awesome ratings are it so will be that means that is the timeline in four seasons which is same as four years Shamy will be walking down the aisle. Until then Amy will be slowly and steadily rocketing Sheldon towards more and more physical intimacy until finally he gives it up to her on their wedding night which will likely be in last or next to last season of the show four years from now.

Since Sheldon already told Leonard during chess last season that indeed the women are winning it means that Sheldon is quite aware that somehow Amy has a way of getting him to do whatever she wants even if he initially protests it. He just can't help it and neither can Leonard its in their nerd DNA! Example handholding, originally Sheldon had it in their contract to only occur during specific circumstances, now because he broke his rules by holding her hand during the launch Amy is able to get him to hold her hand whenever she wants, so I think that is exactly how sex thing is going to go too.

Its at this point you should be taking notes LOL ;)

First, Amy is going to continue to pretty herself up like she did with the lipstick to get phone sex in failed attempts to seduce Sheldon with her looks, but he won't go for that because he doesn't like change or care that much about how a girl looks. Though i think we may get a glimpse of Sheldon admitting he does in fact find Amy physically attractive because of this whole makeover process. But, it won't get him to give up the V-card

Next, she's going to switch tactics and dip into her neurobiological bag of tricks again by trying out "experiments" with Sheldon that involved physical contact or intimacy. Appealing to the scientist in Sheldon is best way to go because he is Uni-sexual he will want do whatever crazy experiment she wants and enjoy them too just like with the gossip experiment where they told everyone that they had sex, but didn't. Amy might try to talk Sheldon into some sort of kissing experiment where she kisses him over and over until he finally realizes he enjoys it and kisses her first for the first time.

Then comes the final step which will be the clincher. Amy will have to convince Sheldon to ask her to marry him and/or have sex with her because its what he wants to do. She has to make him think that its his idea not hers. Just like his mom did when they broke up first time as friends, Mary said that all men want to do whatever you tell them not to do or that they can't do. Remember first time Sheldon met Amy she told him all forms of physical contact were off the table and immediately after that he offered to buy her a drink. Look at his eyes, that is first time we see Sheldon interested in proving her wrong. He made up his mind in that moment that all though Amy said she doesn't want phyiscal contact he was going to make her want it with him eventually and that is exactly what happened.

Now Amy wants to have sex with Sheldon and that is because Sheldon made himself available to her just enough to make her crave for more, but didn't just give the milk away for free so to speak. Well Amy has to do the same thing to him after he finally kisses her first and likes it. She must make him think she no longer cares about marriage or sex or kissing and that will make him crave it and her even more. Amy has to play hard to get and ignore him a little bit til he gets jealous again because maybe she's spending a little too much time with Penny or with some other guy then Sheldon will want to pounce on her.

He will then want to claim her for his own immediately like he did when Stuart tried to date her. Sheldon will reamend their agreement by proposing marriage to her himself and then pretend to trick Amy into signing it. Amy will of course know exactly what he is doing and agree to it because its what she really wanted all along. Then on the wedding night because it is social convention to do so and Sheldon can never ignore important social conventions he will have sex with her and that my friends is how a relationship works.

You want to get someone to fall in love with you and have sex with you then you have to make them think that they want you more than you want them. At least in TV sitcom land thats how it works, trust me i've watched hundreds of them.

Of course the writers could just choose to fast forward the process, by either getting Sheldon and Amy drunk at the same time, have sex by accident and they dont' remember what happened the night before, [but they already played that card with Penny.Raj] or the other way is by doing the classic= I almost lost you thing- by having Amy almost die somehow and Sheldon being presented with the possiblity of losing her for good finally admits his true feelings for her, kisses her to prove those feelings and they end up making mad passionate love because death is always a way to get people in tv shows or movies to realize they better start living and showing those they love how they feel before its all over and they are worm food.

Oh and once they do finally have sex for the first time and Sheldon learns to like it then thats when the sex journal will come into play from my first post :)

Edited by Superlovelexi

I have billions of thoughts about how Sheldon might really be but I settle for fan fiction because, come on let's admit that most of the time none of what the fans imagine will happen would be what the writers are going in for. There might be some instances wherein what was written in a fan fiction kind of happen in the show, that doesn't mean everything in it will follow through. What I'm saying here doesn't have anything to do with what Lexxie posted above but I'm simply stating that everything's up to the writers, actually. We may try to make a hundred-page analysis if he's asexual, demisexual, sapiosexual or what other terms Freud forgot to include in his psychoanalysis but what matters here is what the writers think because they ARE the ones who created him and they could turn this idea that they made of him around and head it into another direction that will probably disprove part of our theories, which probably is what's currently happening in the show, with his seemingly-asexual persona at the beginning and then is now getting all hyped up with dandruff flakes falling onto pale, hunched shoulders (please don't let it be his fetish or so help me God).

Hmmm...I don't see it that way, I guess.

She's already asked him for sex once, back before they became girlfriend/boyfriend, as I recall. Though they negotiated their way down to cuddling, she clearly hasn't given up working her way toward that goal. She's still pushing his boudaries and probably figures she'll get him there sooner or later.

I think that Amy would be looking for any change of mind he might display, so if he were to try to take the initiative I imagine she'd be all over that.

I still think that he'll have to be led there by her and that it will be her physical advances that will "awaken" his physical apetite, eventually. I don't know that he will be able to reason his way toward that goal. I think it's going to have to be a matter of his body leading his mind in that direction.

Yeah, now I see my idea written down it looks kind of boring. I don't read or write FF, which is just as well. :icon_cheesygrin: As jeanalice wrote there's a lot of good ideas out there, Lexi's one is well thought out but at the end of the day we all want to them to surprise us.

Edited by Moonbase