55 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

SHELDON’S FRIENDSHIP WITH STEPHEN HAWKING IS PUT TO THE TEST, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, NOV. 1

“The Extract Obliteration” – Sheldon’s relationship with Stephen Hawking is threatened over a game of “Words with Friends,” and Penny secretly enrolls in a class at the local college, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 1 (8:00 – 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Renowned scientist Stephen Hawking lends his voice to the episode.

Episode Guide | Wiki

This cracked me up when I read the taping report. I play Words with Friends with my older sister, who is NOT a good speller, and she beats the pants off of me almost EVERY TIME! :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 3

Can't wait to see this episode and the return of Stephen Hawking even though it is a voice only cameo in this episode.

The growth and maturity of Penny continues. Thank you writers!

Thank you writers indeed, and I wonder what happens with Penny at the class

Now that Penny is looking into taking a class, I would love to see her take an English class with David Duchovny as her smooth-talking professor... :p

Glad to know they finally have Penny doing something with her life besides drinking and waitressing. I have a feeling Stephen Hawking is going to be very good at Words with Friends!

Nice to have Steven Hawking back. I have no idea what “Words with Friends" is but I assume it's a game show? I'm curious what course Penny will choose.

Penny going back to school is a good thing. The only down side to this that we'll probably never see her in class.

Nice to have Steven Hawking back. I have no idea what “Words with Friends" is but I assume it's a game show? I'm curious what course Penny will choose.

Words with Friends is basically scrabble where you play one on one with someone else online.

This sounds good. I'm so glad to see Stephen Hawking back, if only to give his voice! He must have enjoyed being on the show.

i didn't know Sheldon and Stephen Hawking had a relationship :-P but yes, it'll be fun having hawking back on the show

'One more question, when did we become friends?' I'd love to hear Hawking say that to Sheldon. :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1

The other night a friend invited me to a game of Words with Friends and I was able to play the word "Boson"!! :lol:

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

It looks like my prediction from a few months ago that I posted on one of the Penny threads may come true. I had thought it would be a good idea for Penny to enter college. I'm excited to find out what courses she takes. Hopefully she's a fast learner to the point where she becomes competitive with Leonard. That's kind of stretching my imagination a bit though.

Also, it's great to have Professor Hawking back with the voice cameo.

Penny a fast learner? Could be possible. She picked up Age of Conan fairly quickly. That, unfortunately, might be pinnacle of her learning potential.

The pictures for this episode are posted on the cbs web site. Sorry, for some reason I can't copy and paste links anymore. Don't know why.

The last photo is my favorite of the shamy. I think they are putting more make up on mayim now. Also, I love sheldon with the shorter hair.

Edited by BazingaFan

It's official! big bang is tv's number one comedy!! Yeah, we knew that!!

I LOVE this shamy scene! Yay! Amy is so good here!

Edited by BazingaFan