Is Sheldon Cooper A Cry-Baby?

...not that I mind...

Discuss?

I think it's kind of funny that he's fairly easily reduced to tears, and he doesn't necessarily seem too embarrassed about it among his friends. He will usually go into his room, but it's not like he denies doing it.

What do you all think?

Well, I can only think of two times he's cried and it was in front of Penny. LOL. He's definitely not afraid to show his emotions, whatever they may be at the moment, to who is around :-).

Monique

Well, I can only think of two times he's cried and it was in front of Penny. LOL. He's definitely not afraid to show his emotions, whatever they may be at the moment, to who is around :-).

Monique

Which episode was it where the guys were in the cafeteria and he started trying to say something about something like tapioca, and the guys kept interrupting him until finally they let him finish. He blurted out all of his tapioca facts and then said to Leonard, "You said you weren't going to do that anymore!"

He wasn't exactly crying, but he almost was.

I was just watching the fighting robot episode and he starts to cry at the end when Penny says it was just a toy robot. Of course he runs off to his room to do his crying, presumably, but he definitely starts crying.

Somehow, I like it... ;)

Edited by phantagrae

You're right, he does cry in the robot episode :-). I forgot about that :-). I know what you mean when you say, "Somehow, I like it...." It's nice to see the softer side of him with feelings and a big enough heart to think about others when he's not busy being an ass. LOL.

But, with Sheldon, I love the whole package because it's even entertaining when he's being an ass. LOL.

Monique

I think that one of the nice things about this group of friends is that even though they give each other grief about everything, they all kind of know that they're all a bunch of wusses in one way or another, including Sheldon crying, Raj's mutism, their physical weaknesses, etc.

Well, if you think about it: all of the guys have cried at one point on the show. LOL. In general, I'm not one of those people that is against a man crying every once in a while. It just means he has a heart under there. It means he has feelings and that's a good thing.

Monique

i think he needs to man up, if i knew him in real life (yes id hate him even though i love his character lol) and he cried id remind him hes a grown man not a child

Bit of a bully aren't you?

If I knew you in real life, I'd tell you that archaic ,patriarchal structures and codes of behaviour are so very last millennium - right up there with witch burning, Spanish Inquisition, male privilege and stiff upper lips.. Grown men are just that, a grown man and quite capable of deciding whether to exercise their free will to show their emotions. If more men did, we wouldn't require advertisements and products that deal with headupbuttitus. An affliction you clearly suffer from by your knuckledragging response.

• Like 1

Well, if you think about it: all of the guys have cried at one point on the show. LOL. In general, I'm not one of those people that is against a man crying every once in a while. It just means he has a heart under there. It means he has feelings and that's a good thing.

I agree, I'm very much in favor of men crying since it goes against stereotype. :)

Among these guys, I think Raj is the one most easily affected and in tears, but the others are not far behind. But Leonard, Howard and Raj are anyway depicted as men with hearts on their sleeves, and so this behavior is the most intriguing in the case of Sheldon, because he 'likes to believe' himself to be an emotionless robot, but he's so clearly deeply emotional, to the point of being childish about it. That's the eternal dichotomy that his character struggles with.

• Like 2

Sheldon is an ultra selfish cry baby, Yes.

But isn't that what people like about sitcoms? Were the characters on Seinfeld kind and giving? Of course not they were some of the most selfish people around. But for some reason that is funny. People don't like Leave it to Beaver type characters.

Awww baby Sheldon... I think the only character who hasn't cried or whatever is Bernadette, don't mess with the B.

I think she did cry in the bachelor party episode when she got upset with Penny about her not telling her about Howard's sexcapades.