The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BazingaFan

Writers -- I Need A Shamy Centered Episode!

I don't think we have had an episode completely centerd on the shamy since season five when sheldon asked amy to be his girlfriend. The writers have been teasing us ever since with scenes, but we haven't had an episode where the plot and bulk of the episode is about them or their development as boyfriend and girlfriend status.

We have had plenty of sheldon centered episodes, and now we have howard and bernie wedding and space launch out the way, the time is NOW. I need an episode seeing them together and more than just a few quick scenes.

And I am updated on the spoiler thread, so I know we don't have an episode like this any time soon. I wander why they keep holding off on one of the more interesting parts of the show? Think of all the storylines they could come up with -- just using their relationship agreement as a starting point, we could get some great comedy.

Ok, my rant is over.

As much as I love Sheldon and Amy, the show is about ALL of them,so it's probably going to continue on as it has been. But then again, I'm sure there will be more Shamy centered episodes in due time since the writers put them together in the first place.

Monique

Hmmm, I'm hugely spoiled too but I consider the last one they taped a shamy heavy one (though it's Sheldon-centered too, no?). Boy, and the spoiled shennies are so darn butthurt and complainin'. They just had a blissful moment with one of the promo photos and whatever scene it entails then comes the taping report... ay yay yay.

I thought Vacation Solution was a Shamy-centered episode, after Flaming Spittoon. But I agree with you.. I would love to see more of them. Especially with them having fun together in their own unique ways (i.e. geeky ways, like the gossip experiment long back), and not just about the strife and differences they have. I know they need to grow and cover new grounds as a couple, but it's the special connection they share that I fell in love with, and I do want them to keep reminding us of it.

Like you said, at least up to 6.7, it's just more and more teasing. The stress is there and I keep waiting for something to happen and it's RIGHT on the verge of happening. They're doing their job because it's driving me nuts! Ugh.

Edited by Kyzzx*

Hmm, I think that the last episode that was centered on a Sheldon/Amy plot was Weekend Vortex. We got to see both of their perspectives in that one. Launch Acceleration also had a lot of "Shamy" but they shared the spotlight equally with the other couples.

IMO, Flaming Spittoon, Vacation Solution and 6-7 are Sheldon episodes that happen to have something to do with Amy, but we're really seeing the story from his perspective.

It seems to me that they are focusing on L/P in the first half of the season. They will most likely keep building something up for Shamy leading to the season finale and next season will be more about them.

We'll get there eventually I just want something huge to happen

Hmmm.... I think the Halloween one has the Shamy in it (no perspective side of anyone in focus there.. I think) but it's more of the gang.

I'm quite happy with the current pace, although I don't read taping reports anymore so I'm not spoilt. I think taping reports make you feel worse, I don't mind knowing some things ahead of time but when you expect all the dialogue it just ruins it, for me anyway. 

There's already been quite a lot of shamy in the first three episodes. Sheldon still holds her hand and we had their date, even the last one was about them indirectly even if they didn't have scenes. And when the 'kiss' shamy episode comes, let's face it... its going to be epic. So I'm happy to wait. 

There have been plenty of shamy scenes, but not since the one where he asked her to be his girlfriend, do I feel we have seen a real connection between them. The vacation one was good, but it was focused more on sheldon needing a vacation, and the fact that he learned to apologize to amy. I want to see some relationship stuff involving both of them without the gang, and let it be more focused on them and what is going on with them, instead of just sheldon - does that make sense. They are giving us teasers but we are not really seeing what is really going on with their feelings or the progression of the relationship since it changed its status.

We've had a lot of penny-leonard and howard-bernie time with just them alone -- I think we need more of that for shamy. And, we see what is happening with the other couples from episode to episode.

For example, what is going with amy's plan to change sheldon's feelings for her? Is she still doing it? Have they had any more dinners, star trek doctor fun? What happened to that? Sheldon said he is having feelings for amy at inappropriate times at the end of season 5. Is he still having this problem??? Why haven't we heard any more about this?

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I know we have some good scenes coming up with them together, but the scenes are in relation to things happening in those particular episodes (with other characters involved), and not just the shamy relationship in general.

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 1

Funny because to me it seems to be going nicely. They have settled into a routine with each other, as couples do. I thought Amy's dinner was further development for them but I didn't like Weekend Vortex much because they were at odds. Vacation was a massive step, it showed Sheldon was willing to swallow his pride and that's something he never does. I guess everyone has different expectations but for me they are doing it in a slow believable way. I'm quite enjoying their storyline, stapler licking aside, that was icky.

I liked the last episode though and it showed that Sheldon and Amy don't even need to be in the same scene anymore and they still seem really solid as a couple. If you know what I mean. 

• Like 1

I'm good with the SHAMY for now. I'v I've really enjoyed the SHAMY scenes in season six so far a great deal. Of course i'd love more SHAMY every single week,but i dont' want everything to be about them. I like other characters to have more going on too and well I really just wish show had more time each week to develop them more and faster. But as it is I love the path their own and I have my Shamy fanfiction to write and read if i want to add more to story that can be provided in the 20 mins we get onscreen. In fact i actually hope they hold off on Shamy confessing their undying love to each other or Sheldon kissing Amy or some other major SHAMY moment until i can finish the fic I'm working on cause I like to be ahead of the curve so to speak LOL

But,if the writers ever do a Shamycentric episode again, i just hope it centers around them doing something funny and sexy together like staying overnight in same hotelroom or camping together or having more fun with flags time, but i dont' want them to break up again. And I still fear writers might try to drag the SHAMY into LP territory by having them break up for some stupid reason then find arbitray random reasons to keep them apart just to put them back together again later. I don't like when they do that with relatonships on TV, break them up just to put them back together later because they think happy relationships aren't as funny as when people are miserable. THAT IS A LIE! I'd rather watch a funny happy relationship than a bunch of miserable whiny in love people who can't get it together to save their life. Break ups on TV are often just a waste of time and annoying way to prolong the inevitable.

Edited by Superlovelexi

I guess I'm in the camp that feels that they're going at the right pace, especially considering the "special circumstances" of their relationship.

At this point I don't think they need to focus on them that much. Whatever Amy's "four-year plan" may entail, I don't know that TPTB are

going to be laying out anything all that specific. I think they're always going to be weaving their little moments into whatever else is going on.

They've put them into a sort of routine--they are now a couple that goes out on a regular basis. Because they are who they are, there is plenty to explore in the little things, like holding hands, selfishness, and whatever each of them may expect or dislike about the other.

I don't think they will want to take them down these paths all that quickly. They have plenty of time to take it slow and giving who these characters are, I doubt they're going to have them doing anything extreme.