Mayim's Hand

BBTfan

They've been hiding her right hand, so she's not using it. It's still in a sort of a cast--it looks like for the show she's wearing a flesh-colored sleeve or covering over the cast, but in a handful of still from the show you can kind of see it.

I think they've been pretty clever in situating her so that she doesn't have to use it, but last week's episode the fact that she wasn't using it was more obvious--like when she was putting on make-up and then later in Sheldon's office. Seeing her use only her left hand for all the actions seemed a little awkward or unnatural. But there were really only those 2 scenes and I wonder if people who might not know what happened would even notice. Dunno.

In Episode 6.02, the opening scene her hand was hidden behind wedding gifts that she was holding on her lap. She did everything with her left hand and just kept her right hand at her side. Then her second appearance was at the movie theatre, and again she hid her hand at her side. There was a bit about hand holding with Sheldon, but he was on her left, so he held her left hand. Her third appearance was a scene where she was at home in bed and took phone calls from Penny and Sheldon. She used her left hand to put her glasses on and answer the phone, while her right hand stayed under the covers. Her fourth and last scene of this second show she sat on the couch next to Bernadette and kept her right hand behind her back and under a pillow.

Her first appearance in Episode 6.03 was a scene at Penny's. She was on the couch doing her makeup and then made a phone call. And again her right hand stayed out of view the whole scene. She did a very good job making it look like she is left handed. Unless maybe she is left handed. Then the next scene has her walking down the hall at Sheldon's work and her jacket covered most of her hand with her fingers visible. She was covering part of her right hand with her left hand, covering the thumb and holding it in a gaurded manner. Then as she swings open Sheldon's office door and enters her hand is uncovered for just a couple of frames, but is suspisoucly blurred.(see pics below) Then in the next scene her and Penny were standing outside the cafeteria at the door. She stood next to and close to Penny with her right hand behind Penny. Then her last scene, riding in the car with Penny and neither of her hands were visible.

TBBT603a.jpg

TBBT603b.jpg

Edited by mikesteffen

There's a rumour in my school saying that one of the teachers has lost an index but I've never been able to see (or rather not see) her missing finger because she always hides her hand with her other finger.

James Doohan, who played Scottie on ST:TOS was missing part of one of his fingers, but he managed to keep it pretty well hidden while on camera.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

in 6.7 it looks like she was using her hand,?

while filming the fun with flags.

it could be much better to use.

Yeah, by that episode she already had her glove removed. According to her blog, she is still doing a bunch of hand therapy and rehabilitation but is much better. Nice news! :)

I want to see her playing harp again :p

James Doohan, who played Scottie on ST:TOS was missing part of one of his fingers, but he managed to keep it pretty well hidden while on camera.

Yup, an old WW2 injury. It's very visible in "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier," in the scene where Scotty takes food to Uhura on the bridge. He's holding the foil packet in his right hand, and you can clearly see that he's missing a finger.

Sent from my Asus Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2