The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis 2x11 OBVIOUS MISTAKE!!

Raevyn

Hey now I may not be the biggest geek in the world but I am a stickler when it comes to continuity, and did anyone notice immediately what was wrong with this episode??? Seeing as in episode one where we first meet Penny, Leonard and Sheldon are supposedly going to watch BSG season 2 (with directors commentary of course), in which Michael Trucco, (who plays Samuel T Anders, resistance fighter back on Cylon-occupied Caprica), stars. In this episode suddenly he is a professor David Underhill. Don't you think Leonard, and Sheldon would have instantly recognised him even from season 2 of BSG. Not to mention at this point (mid-way thru season 4), we find out that he is one of the "final five" cylons who lead the colonial fleet to Earth. What I was expecting them to say as he walked through the door was "Hey look it's one of the final five!" I know it's all in good fun but surely this was a bit of oversight on the casting director for BBT that such a prominent character from a currently running sci-fi series should play a cameo role of which the main charcters are such avid fans of watching BSG themselves. It just tickled me that we weren't supposed to notice that. If Michael Trucco wanted to be in BBT (and let's face it, it's awesome, so who wouldn't?), they should have played up to the fact that in effect Michael Trucco should have be recognised as the actor that he is because of what he has appeared in. That would have been as laughable as casting Leonard Nimoy not as himself or Spock. These are meant to be HUGE Sci-Fi geeks, like the rest of us. Still love the show though, and this little hiccup didn't ruin an otherwise brilliant episode for me Big Grin From an avid Sci-fi fan (BSG/STOS/TNG/DS9/VOY) and of course BBT!!!!!!!!!!!! *Please note that this a multiple post as I wasn't really sure where this post belonged , me being a noob to this forum and all. Please delete whichever post is not needed admin. Ta very much :D*

It is not really a mistake, if you look at the spoilers and such they were excited about having him on the show, those things happen all over hollywood, actors act and all sorts of different shows and eventually popular culture references will come into conflict with casting and story lines. So not really a mistake just happenstance.

• 3 months later...

Saying that they should recognize Michael Trucco from BSG is like saying they should recognize Kaley Cuoco from 8 Simple Rules. How about Jim Parsons in Judging Amy? Oh, Johnny Galecki and Sara Gilbert from Rosanne. Simon Helberg was on MADtv. Also, Kunal Nayyar was on an episode of NCIS. I realize that none of those examples are SciFi shows, but the guys do watch TV so they would have surely run across some other shows. Michael Trucco was not playing himself, he was playing a character name Dr. David Underhill. It is silly to say that an actor has to play the same character just because they have been on a SciFi show that the guys watch.

Hmm... then was that Charlie Sheen or Charlie Harper in The Griffin Equivalency?

thats a excelent question o___o' I always though it was charlir sheen....but it could be charlie happer as well, according to the teory in this topic o.o thats funny xD