The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nafeasonto

Seriously... Howard Needs To Grow Up...

I am a "nerd", when i was 21 I moved out of my parents house. So watching this from my perceptive, why in the HELL did Bernadette marry this extremely immature person. I find it pathetic and actually very ANNOYINg that this character has almost not developed at all. This season has been very disappointing so far, and they keep using the same jokes over and over again. The laugh track is INSANE in this season, i have been watching since season 1, I have never seen the canned laughter this bad. They are laughing at "jokes" which are not even funny now. My girlfriend is a huge fan of this show and she is like "WTF?".

I am a "nerd", when i was 21 I moved out of my parents house. So watching this from my perceptive, why in the HELL did Bernadette marry this extremely immature person. I find it pathetic and actually very ANNOYINg that this character has almost not developed at all. This season has been very disappointing so far, and they keep using the same jokes over and over again. The laugh track is INSANE in this season, i have been watching since season 1, I have never seen the canned laughter this bad. They are laughing at "jokes" which are not even funny now. My girlfriend is a huge fan of this show and she is like "WTF?".

First of all, the laughter is pretty much spontaneous from the studio audience as they see the scenes unfold--so they laugh when it strikes them as funny. Also, they are shown any pre-taped segments and I would bet the producers use the reactions of the audience to those scenes as well.

If people are actually laughing "more" (and how does one really measure that?) it could be because as the show becomes more popular, the people who are lucky enough to attend the taping are more excited and so funny moments strike them more acutely.

The audience knows the characters and the actors more now than they did in the early days of the show and so certain things may come across as funnier to them. Who knows?

As for Howard and Bernadette, she fell in love with who he is despite of his immaturity and his living with his mother. It's a COMEDY, not a documentary. Kudos to you for moving out at 21. I lived at home following grad school until I got a symphony job, so I spent about 4 years living at home until I moved out of state. I was just shy of my 29th birthday.

My mother didn't cut up my food for me, but I lived rent-free while I did gig-work and took auditions.

Howard's situation is supposed to be exaggerated, again, because this is a COMEDY. All of these guys are extreme examples built on certain "nerd" factors. But beneath all the nerdiness, Howard is a romantic and he and Bernadette are in love with each other as individuals. All of the logistics of Howard's situation are what is to be worked out as the comedy ensues.

• Like 1

it annoys me when people say things like "the canned laughter is bad" when canned laughter isnt even used, yeah shows used to use them years ago but nowadays many shows actually are filmed in front of a live audience (or shown to an audience in some cases), so the laughing isnt forced, put on or whatever you wanna call it, its called having a sense of humour!

as for howard he has developed if you think about it, hes gone from an immature nerdy mommies boy who lusts over everything that moves to an immature nerdy mommies boy whos married to his true love, bernadette loves him for who he is behind the nerdiness and thats why she married him, whats so wrong with that? good for you being able to move out at 21 but unfortunately not everyone can afford to do so,me and my fiance still live with his parents until we can afford our own place but that doesnt make us bad people, ok so yeah there is the fact that howard could have moved out but then it wouldnt be the same not hearing "HOOOWARD" practically every episode, its tv NOT real life and just think of how boring it would become for howards personality to suddenly change from being a nerd to a normal person

It has been proven (where, I'm not sure) but people in large groups tend to laugh more then small groups.

so they are more likely to laugh when others laugh.

If there is no laugh track like most say (even slightly?) perhaps there are professional laughters in some of the seats..

It has been proven (where, I'm not sure) but people in large groups tend to laugh more then small groups.

so they are more likely to laugh when others laugh.

If there is no laugh track like most say (even slightly?) perhaps there are professional laughters in some of the seats..

Do you not know anything about television?

Sitcom producers like live audiences for a number of reasons--yeah, laughter is contagious (that's also why it can be so much fun to see a movie in the theater--the reactions of the audience as a whole carry their own energy) but the audience reactions also help the actors. It's more like acting on stage in a play and can create more energy for the actors.

They may tweak the audience noise in order to make the dialog easier to hear, or ask the audience to tone it down in certain moments so that the scene will work better or whatever.

I think the show is funny enough that they don't have any need for laughing "ringers" in the audience.

I get what he is saying. To be honest, I mean I laughed, but some of the "jokes" wasn't really funny. But it keeps me entertained.

I will tell you that TBBT has gone downhill in my perspective. I no longer in a rush to see what happens next. It's more of I'll see it when I have the time instead of how I used to MAKE time for it :icon_mrgreen:

I'm loving season 6, I liked season 5 even when it wasn't as funny as previous seasons but season 6 is bringing the humor back in line with season 1 2 and 3.

and yes, this is a commedy, it's meant to be exagurated to make things funny. If it wasn't for howard's Momma's boy attitude and immaturity he wouldn't be nearly as funny.

I like very much Howard and his funny situation. As written above, this is a comedy and those "strange" situation of the characters are making it funny. I had a neighbor a time ago and he was 25 years old in that time and he was living with his mother and she cut his food and bought his clothes, etc. His mother was yelling his name when he was out calling him very similar to Howard´s mother. I don´t know if he was a nerd or not, but I remember he liked computers and technology a lot... So you can see this type of people can be there in real life too. But we should remember that not all the nerds will be the same like clons!! This is only a cliche. Leonard is a nerd too and he doesn´t like to have his mother roaming near him.

Howard and Sheldon have always been on the rocks since basically the beginning.  I mean Sheldon categorizes him as tertiary and acquantence.  Either get over it or beat the hell outta each other.  LOL