The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
walnutcowboy

Argue

OMG ...yeah right so now following your line of thought I should now go and pick up girls.... anyone....because I can choose.... So I can choose or Sheldon attracts me  or Amy .... one day I want a Tall Dark and in a week I want a beautiful waitress, please... 

quote: Despite the general consensus in the scientific community that both homosexuality and heterosexuality are normal expressions of sexuality, some political and religious organizations are trying to change sexual orientation through therapy, aggressively promoting this attitude of society. Such actions are much more harmful because they present a false belief that homosexuality is a mental illness, often finding that the lack of change in sexual orientation is a moral failure.

"
- The American Psychological Association

quote: For one of the arguments that homosexuality is genetic, put forward the universality of its incidence in different cultures. According to researchers at the University of Illinois for human sexual orientation corresponds to at least a few unrelated genes scattered across different chromosomes. The researchers compared the chromosomes of 456 individuals from 146 families in which two or more brothers were gay. We have found several fragments of DNA that in some homosexual brothers and sisters were identical. More than 60% of the brothers found the same areas of DNA on three chromosomes - 7th, 8th and 10 [87]. However, the study Mustanskiego in 2005 showed the probability of impact interactions more genes from different regions of the chromosome (7q36, 8p12 and 10q26) [88]. There are also other studies showing the influence of genetic factors on the development of sexual orientation [89] [90] and other biological factors [91] [92].

Put forward the hypothesis that sexual orientation determined in the brain. There are studies that suggested such that the third nucleus of the hypothalamus INH3 gays is much smaller than in heterosexual men [93]. The difference is too cerebral anterior commissure: gay men it is about 18% larger than in heterosexual women and 35% higher than in heterosexual men [94].

Source Wikipedia.

And now you can pour your arguments. I just expressed my opinion. I'm not going to participate in this discussion.

I feel compelled to say that on the civil part that is true and it is happening. We had problem here. Our conservative Major allowed advertising on the buses with slogan such as "being gay get over it" to treat it as if it were a mental illness. If the tendency is there nothing can be done about it. I have a list of British artists (Francis Bacon and David Hockney i.e.) notoriuosly known to be gays in very established relationships. Really caring to be couples. Also so much talk has being made about church marriages for gay people recently and I hope we are not ending up with a referendum for this.

Whereas being not a neuroscientist I can't give a fair opinion on that side of the matter.(Sorry)

I feel compelled to say that on the civil part that is true and it is happening. We had problem here. Our conservative Major allowed advertising on the buses with slogan such as "being gay get over it" to treat it as if it were a mental illness. If the tendency is there nothing can be done about it. I have a list of British artists (Francis Bacon and David Hockney i.e.) notoriuosly known to be gays in very established relationships. Really caring to be couples. Also so much talk has being made about church marriages for gay people recently and I hope we are not ending up with a referendum for this.

Whereas being not a neuroscientist I can't give a fair opinion on that side of the matter.(Sorry)

Maybe you're right. Probably yes. I don' want to guess or judge which opinion is fair or not. My opinion is that it is a matter of  brain stuctures, hormones and genes, being homosexual is something that what we can't change,  this is not a illness which we can heal, or there's no therapy which can help, or we can't choose which sex we prefer. It is beyond our power. I know how it is with politics and religon, believe me, but I don't want to talk about it because, it is dangerous topic, and we can do something to support those people, but here we can only argue which truth is much truer. 

• Like 2

I just adore how other people care so much about who I am in love with!  It's hilarious :D  I have a wife and she is beautiful.  Deal with it!  Love always wins over silly judgments and hatred.

• Like 2

I just adore how other people care so much about who I am in love with!  It's hilarious :D  I have a wife and she is beautiful.  Deal with it!  Love always wins over silly judgments and hatred.

I love that you say that your wife is beautiful, and you say it loud, and you don't care about other peoples opinion. It is  so  beautiful  you really touched me. Thank you for that AM. I wish both of you a  lot of love.

R.I.P at your ignorance, zoophile, and peadophiles are in NO way in comparison to homosexuality, you are disgusting. A baby and an animal cannot consent to sex, but both an adult male and another adult male can. That is the difference. 

Two males, or two females can both want and agree to have sex with each other, however, an animal has no idea and a child does not understand, so they cannot consent which makes it wrong, because sex should be between two people that can actually AGREE TO IT!!!! 

Plus do you notice the difference in words? Zoophile and peadophile have phile at the end of them whilst homosexual does not, homosexual has sexual which is the same as heterosexual. 

Phile means a paraphillia which is a sexual attraction to unusual things, some are illegal like peadophilla and zoophillia because there is another living thing involved and it cannot consent to what is being done to them, that is why they are wrong.

• Like 2

Okay, this is really the end of the line for this thread. I don't mind some political or religious debate on the forum, so as long as it's kept civil and reasonable. I know some members have expressed what might be considered controversial viewpoints before, but they have done so without being disrespectful or without crossing the line. I think we've now reached a point where that's no longer possible.

Thread locked.

• Like 6