This should be a good topic to argue:

At the start of high school I stopped the candy grabbing part of that of Oct. 31. I couldn't believe my eyes this year. All the "adults" begging for candy.

About 20 =/- years ago (I'm 55 now) I stopped getting dressed up on Oct.31, for my own moral beliefs. Before that time I LOVED that date. I would take the whole day off, just because it took all day to prepare. Hair by hair I would get made up as a Werewolf. No one could tell where the make ended and the real me started. I did this to GIVE OUT candy. When I was to be be part of a hunted house was the ONLY time I would scare people.

So many small kids were afraid of these "adults", and these "adults" were ENJOYING scaring the little ones. It's one thing to dress up but it is REPREHENSIBLE to go out of your way to hurt others.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, this is really the end of the line for this thread. I don't mind some political or religious debate on the forum, so as long as it's kept civil and reasonable. I know some members have expressed

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! You're a comedian, I like that. Okay, okay....I wanna be a lesbian! I'll let you know how it works out Yeah, no....   Here's what I say: people can't help how they love. The Bible wa

No disrespect to anyone's views, but this discussion has become a matter of:  

Why would anyone argue with that? Sure go out and get dressed up for Halloween, go get some candy even. But don't be a dick to kids. That includes "begging" for candy and taking a shizz ton of it like you ARE a kid.

Halloween is a good business and that is why is spreading to all the world.

Let me know when it spreads to the Islamic world!!!

Holloween spreads as Christianty shrinks.

Edited by Catweazle

Let me know when it spreads to the Islamic world!!!

Holloween spreads as Christianty shrinks.

Yeah, you are right about Muslim countries but, you are not right about Christian countries. Here in my country Halloween is coming year by year but here nobody see it in a religious way. I Mean, some people wear zombie dress and eat candy, but they don´t know why and they don´t mind either, they only take fun of this. In conclusion, some countries are addopting this only because of consumerism: sweets, decorations, parties. It is a fashion and nothing more. But I am not part of this fashion. If one day I visit USA then I will be part of this because this is THEIR tradition and in this way I respect it ,but here in my country it is very much silly and I don´t like.

No. Johnny Galecki rides a Harley Davidson, plays the guitar, and cooks.

He also had the balls to be naked on stage (quite litterally).

In short your argument is invalid.

(I don't SERIOUSLY believe all this necessarily makes Johnny hotter, just playing along with the thread for some fun.)

But you're still wrong. :)

Johnny Galecki... naked?! :o Whoa! :D

Lets start a new argument:

I say if we started showing more intelligent programs on telly, people would become more intelligent.

I mean stop showing populistic rubbish like reality shows and start showing in-depth documentaries and intelligent tv-series from russia, france and britain. And show nothing else.

I say this would make even the most stoopid person to wisen up, given enough exposure.

And if people do not want to watch such stuff, then they would have to do something else, which would wisen them up too! Clever!

Any counter arguments?

Hmm, I think that TO THINK (or to allow their brain to get some serious information) is painful for some people. You know, like when you are not doing physical exercises for a long time then when you start you feel pain on the muscles and laziness...I think to watch silly programs is like to lie on a hammock doing nothing for some people. That is why those programs are so popular.

By the way: I HATE VERY MUCH REALITY SHOWS!! :o And the king of badness is Big Brother or Big Boss (sorry I don´t remember the English name of this)

• Like 1

Lets start a new argument:

I say if we started showing more intelligent programs on telly, people would become more intelligent.

I mean stop showing populistic rubbish like reality shows and start showing in-depth documentaries and intelligent tv-series from russia, france and britain. And show nothing else.

I say this would make even the most stoopid person to wisen up, given enough exposure.

And if people do not want to watch such stuff, then they would have to do something else, which would wisen them up too! Clever!

Any counter arguments?

Russia and France may have interesting TV shows, but Britain has lost it's way. Britain has become the dumbest nation in Europe. Not only is Britain dumb, it is also morally degenerate. After all, Britain invented Big Brother. Need I say more!!

By the way, Russia, France and Britain are proper nouns, and begin with a capital letter. :icon_wink:

With Russian tv-shows I meant, of course, the masterpieces they made in the Soviet era. I mean that stuff makes modern HBO stuff look like Nickelodeon!

Sorry I cannot direct you to some of these shows, but only know their Finnish names from local high brow channel where they show them couple times a year.

Modern Russian tv is very much like US stuff these days, and does not bear watching!

I thought that George Orwell invented Big Brother in the book 1984. I believe it was published in 1948, and just reversed the date.

Right! But we cannot compare George Orwell´s book 1984 with the reality shows we have now. They only got the name of a character in this book and they made their own idea about this. But Orwell didn´t invent this program or somethig similar. And, I think, the first to make this reality show with the name of "Big Brother" was Netherlands. After that it spread to all the world.

I know Orwell is British (a great writer) but we cannot blame him :)

And maybe, at the beginning the idea of this reality show was not so bad, you know, an innovation. But then it became very bad quality and stupid show. Sometimes I feel that more silly is a program more people watch it and this is like a wheel (circle)

Don´t you feel that TBBT slowly slowy is becoming more "soft"?? And more soft it is, more people watch it.

Russia and France may have interesting TV shows, but Britain has lost it's way. Britain has become the dumbest nation in Europe. Not only is Britain dumb, it is also morally degenerate. After all, Britain invented Big Brother. Need I say more!!

By the way, Russia, France and Britain are proper nouns, and begin with a capital letter. :icon_wink:

Some British serials are very good.

If anyone is up for a real argument lets discuss Same Sex Marriage.

I'm not affected by political correctness, and I have a thick skin, so don't hold back.

Same sex marriage is an abomination and a vile practice. That is not my opinion, it is the opinion of God, as recorded in God's word.

Morality is in a constant of state decline. The acceptance of same sex marriage within socieity will increase the speed and depth of this moral decline.

I agree with CATWEAZLE, but before anyone starts in on me with the hate crime thing, I'm allowed to defend my faith as much as anyone with different views. Several members of my family differ with my views and nothing will change either of our views (except DIVINE intervention). Nothing will change the way I feel about them. I believe in loving the sinner, but hate the sin. And since none of us are perfect, that should not be hard to do.

Hmm, the problem of this argument is that when your faith is involved then it is not possible to argue at all. I am not against homosexual marriage but I cannot argue with you both if you tell me the reason of your opinion is your religion point of view. I respect all the religions and I cannot tell you "don´t believe this or you are wrong in this" because in this case this argument will become religion argument and not about marriages!