The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
walnutcowboy

Argue

POINT 1) The words "original sin""may not be used, but neither is TRINITY. If you are a CHRISTian than you must agree that the TRINITY exists as well as other words we now use that are not found in the BIBLE. Getting back To original sin, if you read ROMANS 5:12 (which I will quote) through 5:21 (not quoted) it describes it quite well.

ROMANS 5:12 "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because all sinned."

POINT 2) I totally agree that we ("man") have a much greater intelligence than animals.If what you say about all animals having the trait of instinct being in their nature (DNA?), then why do some wild animals need to be taught to hunt? Whether animals kill for fun or just instinct, I think we will just have to agree to disagree on that point.

POINT 3) I'm sure there are a lot of very intelligent people in prison, however the key word I used was "MOSTLY".

POINT 4) Since Cain was the first murderer, How/where did Cain "acquire" the ability the ability to murder? It couldn't be instinct or DNA or even taught TO him.

POINT 5) No, not a rhetorical question. See answer # 1 "man" is BORN with a sinful nature!

Point 1: Now it will get interesting, providing you have the staying power. No, I do not believe in the trinity myth. That myth was adopted by the Catholic Church from paganism that predated Christianity. The false doctine of a trinity is widely accepted by the counterfeit church know as Christendom. Clearly you are apart of that counterfeit church. So, as in the false doctrine of original sin youhave now brought up the subject of the false doctrine of a trinity. Would you like to debate the subject of the trinity?

Point 2: Romans 5:12 tells us what it says. And it says, that through one man sin entered the world, and sin speads. So where does it say that babies are born in and have original sin? Like I said, babies are born blank slates and innocent. Sin spreads to them after birth from the world where sin entered!!!

Point 3: And your point is that the less intelligent one is the more likely one is to be a criminal. Good luck with that theory. It is a theory is it not? As you have not provided any scientific evidence to support your claim.

Point 4: You're right it couldn't be instinct, God did not create man with the instinct to kill. And your point is?

Point 5: I repete. Babies are born clean slates and innocent. If your're going to persist with that claim provide bibical proof.

Point 1: Now it will get interesting, providing you have the staying power. No, I do not believe in the trinity myth. That myth was adopted by the Catholic Church from paganism that predated Christianity. The false doctine of a trinity is widely accepted by the counterfeit church know as Christendom. Clearly you are apart of that counterfeit church. So, as in the false doctrine of original sin youhave now brought up the subject of the false doctrine of a trinity. Would you like to debate the subject of the trinity?

Point 2: Romans 5:12 tells us what it says. And it says, that through one man sin entered the world, and sin speads. So where does it say that babies are born in and have original sin? Like I said, babies are born blank slates and innocent. Sin spreads to them after birth from the world where sin entered!!!

Point 3: And your point is that the less intelligent one is the more likely one is to be a criminal. Good luck with that theory. It is a theory is it not? As you have not provided any scientific evidence to support your claim.

Point 4: You're right it couldn't be instinct, God did not create man with the instinct to kill. And your point is?

Point 5: I repete. Babies are born clean slates and innocent. If your're going to persist with that claim provide bibical proof.

I will attempt to have "the staying power" to continue. But before I do I would like to ask some questions to see if we are starting with any of the same basic beliefs.

1) Have you accepted JESUS as YOUR personal SAVIOR?

2) Do you believe that JESUS was completely GOD AND completely MAN when HE was on earth?

3) Do you believe that JESUS is the ONLY son of GOD?

4) Do you consider yourself a true CHRISTian?

I hope I have not offended you with my questions!

Edited by walnutcowboy

next topic for argument:

Can you buy happiness???

Me, I say happiness can be bought. When you buy stuff you like, and have dreamed long time getting, you will be happy for a short time.

-also, more money you have, a better lifepartner you can get. Sad but true!

-also, if you have money to buy doctors and medicines, you will be healthier, and health brings happiness.

Everlasting happiness? Well, there is no such thing! Not even in religion. Oh, religious people may brag that they have a lasting happiness in J-man ans so forth, but that is just a one big fat lie. I mean have you seen a happy christian?!?

But religion aside, I say happiness can be bought. Any arguments?

I don't think you can but true happiness, but somebody once said "you can't buy happiness, but you can rent it for awhile"

I will attempt to have "the staying power" to continue. But before I do I would like to ask some questions to see if we are starting with any of the same basic beliefs.

1) Have you accepted JESUS as YOUR personal SAVIOR?

2) Do you believe that JESUS was completely GOD AND completely MAN when HE was on earth?

3) Do you believe that JESUS is the ONLY son of GOD?

4) Do you consider yourself a true CHRISTian?

I hope I have not offended you with my questions!

I can answer in the affirmative to all four questions. I look forward to an interesting exchange of biblical understanding.

Ok, you've not come back on the subject of the trinity. Maybe, you have realised that you have blindly accepted the trinity without understanding it. That's ok, nobody understands it. Even the catholic church who invented it at the Council of Nicaea in the year 325 AD has proclaimed it a mystery that even they don't understand.

Would you like to debate a simply topic just to get the ball rolling?.....

2 Corinthians 4:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Who is the god and ruler of this world?

Give a guy a chance. This takes a little more thought than all the other posts combined. Besides, I wasn't excepting a reply from you until this morning.

POINT 1) With all the information that I found about the TRINITY both pro/con, we could debate this ONE topic for quite a while without repeating ourselves,and without changing the mind of the other. So again I suggest we agree to disagree on this topic.

POINT 2) In your opinion how does sin spread? Is it through the food? Is it in the ground? Or do is it caught it like the flu? If we are NOT born with it doesn't it have to come from an outside source? And if so where?

POINT 3) This one I'll flip around, and have you start with PROVING your side of this debate.

POINT 4) My point is that GOD did not CREATE man with the instinct to kill. However between the time of Adam & Eve eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge, and Cain killing his brother, the knowledge of murder had to come from somewhere. How did Cain get the knowledge to kill if he was not born with it?

POINT 5) YOUR answers to points 2 & 4 will give me a starting point to answer this point.

However here are a couple of verses that I have JUST found:

JOB 14:4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean No one!

JOB 25:4 How than can man be justified with GOD? Or how can he be clean that is born of a woman.

Edited by walnutcowboy

Give a guy a chance. This takes a little more thought than all the other posts combined. Besides, I wasn't excepting a reply from you until this morning.

POINT 1) With all the information that I found about the TRINITY both pro/con, we could debate this ONE topic for quite a while without repeating ourselves,and without changing the mind of the other. So again I suggest we agree to disagree on this topic.

POINT 2) In your opinion how does sin spread? Is it through the food? Is it in the ground? Or do is it caught it like the flu? If we are NOT born with it doesn't it have to come from an outside source? And if so where?

POINT 3) This one I'll flip around, and have you start with PROVING your side of this debate.

POINT 4) My point is that GOD did not CREATE man with the instinct to kill. However between the time of Adam & Eve eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge, and Cain killing his brother, the knowledge of murder had to come from somewhere. How did Cain get the knowledge to kill if he was not born with it?

POINT 5) YOUR answers to points 2 & 4 will give me a starting point to answer this point.

However here are a couple of verses that I have JUST found:

JOB 14:4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean No one!

JOB 25:4 How than can man be justified with GOD? Or how can he be clean that is born of a woman.

Apologies. Usually when I get some folk on the back foot they tend to disapear, like Lissie. Not that I've got you on the back foot. Yet. :icon_wink:

Point 1: I can't really agree to disagree. You have made an assumption without testing the water. You can't know that I won't change my mind.

Point 2: I do not have a personal opinions on God's revealed word. I simply believe what God has said. Human opinions are irrelevant. However, you bring up a word (opinion) that in itself is one way that causes sin to spread. God says one thing, man has an opionion on that one thing.... Can you see where that may lead?? As God stated, sin came into the world through one man, and it is from that one man that sin has spread. All sin spreads from wrong knowledge. One can take knowledge from God's Holy word, or one can take knowledge from the world where sin spreads. Where ever you take your knowledge from it can only be taken after birth when learning becomes possible.

Point 3: I can't prove anything. God does that. It's all in His revealed word. I have no opinions, I only have belief that I have talken from his word. God tells us that there is a spirit in man that gives him understanding (intelligence). This spirit is not in animals. Animals have no understanding. There is of course differing levels of intelligence within the human.The IQ level. However, one does not need a high or low IQ to understand the world around them. Unless one is mentally ill. All have the opportuinty to learn who their God is. Just because there may be more less intelligent folk in prison than intelligent folk, does not mean that God isn't fair on dishing out the smarts. The Bible tells us that babes understand what is hidden from the wise. God is fair. By the way, more intelligent folk are less likely to get caught and end up in prison!

Point 4: Cain got the knowleged of how to kill from Satan. The Bible tells us that after Adam sinned man lost the protection of God. The Bible tells us that man is now under the sway of Satan.

Point 5: You're are drawing on the assumptions from you're existing belief. Job 14:4 the unclean thing became unclean from the sins out of the world. It was not born unclean. It becomes unclean. Man who is born of woman will come into a world that will make his few days full of trouble. These troubles come from the world, not from the womb. Only God can make an unclean thing clean. Job knows when he says no one. He means no man. This is pre Christ of course.

As I've said before it takes me longer for this post than any others.

But after a weekend of soul searching I've decided not continue these debates.

Take it as you will, but I find it impossible to debate with you since when I ask for your opinion, you say you can't give it (POST 107, POINT 2).

Whenever I believe in something, I ALWAYS have an opinion about.

When you asked ME for biblical proof I gave you proof (post 106 Point 5) BUT when I asked YOU for proof you said you couldn't (again Post 107, Point 3). What better proof is there than the revealed word of GOD?

If you ask for proof, you should have been also able to give it when asked.

No hard feelings, I'm POSITIVE we'll be bumping into each other many more times, HAVE A NICE DAY!

As I've said before it takes me longer for this post than any others.

But after a weekend of soul searching I've decided not continue these debates.

Take it as you will, but I find it impossible to debate with you since when I ask for your opinion, you say you can't give it (POST 107, POINT 2).

Whenever I believe in something, I ALWAYS have an opinion about.

When you asked ME for biblical proof I gave you proof (post 106 Point 5) BUT when I asked YOU for proof you said you couldn't (again Post 107, Point 3). What better proof is there than the revealed word of GOD?

If you ask for proof, you should have been also able to give it when asked.

No hard feelings, I'm POSITIVE we'll be bumping into each other many more times, HAVE A NICE DAY!

No problem my friend. It comes as no surprise that you feel you can't continue. Debate is an art, and not an area for the faint of heart. Not that I think you are faint of heart. The fact that you said you spent a weekend of soul searching means that you had no instant answers which shows that you are not familiar with deep debate.

Most people have beliefs, but when challenged on their beliefs find they don't really know why they believe what they do. Most folk just accept what is common without doing any real deep study to see if a subject is true. The Bible tells us to prove all things, but very few do. Accepting common belief is easy. Doing deep personal study takes effort that few bother to do.

On the point of my not having an opinion, I did state the reason why. Having an opinion on what God says is wrong. That is why there exists hundreds of different church denominations instead of one unified church. Churches cannot agree on what the Bible teaches. They have their own opinions which create division and strife. It's going on right now. Some have an opinion that the Bible says it's ok to have women bishops and some have the opinion that it's not ok. What's the result??? More division.

I am not devoid of opinion. It is my opinion that one sportsman is better than another. It is my opinion that one brand of food is better than another. However, when God has spoken on a matter I have no opinion. God's word is truth therefore my opinion is worthless.

With regard to what you have put foreward as biblical proof, was not biblical proof. It was you understanding formed from opinion that you gave as proof. You are reading your own pre-existing belief into verses. You are adding to what the verses says.

With regard to my having hard feeling. That will be a reflection of you own experience. I don't have hard feeling. I've got a very thick skin grown over years of debate in the arenas of Christian theology forums.

I regard you as a tbbt friend, even though I'm a creationist. :icon_mrgreen:

Edited by Catweazle

I couldn't argue my way out of a paper bag..! :D

I disagree, you're a woman. It was a woman that began the first argument. (Eve)

I disagree, you're a woman. It was a woman that began the first argument. (Eve)

:p

Okay, enough with the bloody religion already! New topic, which is:

Can an inch make a difference???

I mean I am constantly send emails asking this very question.

-and I do not know the answer!

So, it is as good topic for debate as any.

-So, what is your stand in this? Does an inch make a difference??? Does it not???

Depending on cirumstance an inch may make a difference, also it may make no difference.

If you get shot in the chest and the bullet missed your heart by an inch it makes a diifference.

If you walk a mile on an empty road, going an inch over that mile makes no difference.

I believe an inch ALWAYS makes a difference.

Granted a bullet an inch away from the heart makes MORE of a difference

But you can't walk a mile without taking that first inch.

Inches seem to make difference in tellies, also. I mean the price goes up exponentially, more inches the telly has!

I would like to hear a woman's opinion on this inch debate!

I've got a 40" TV - good sized screen. Any bigger than that and I'd have to watch it from out in the yard with binoculars..! :p

I've got a 50 inch plasma. The opitmal viewing distance to appreciate HD is eight foot. But, then it's a bit like Imax. :icon_eek:

I've got a 50 inch plasma. The opitmal viewing distance to appreciate HD is eight foot. But, then it's a bit like Imax. :icon_eek:

Good Lord! If I watched a 50" TV, my eyes would be like :icon_eek: ! Awesome size though..! :D

Sooo.....Size DOES matter??

Depends on if you want your eyes to go all wibbly wobbly..! :p

Depends on if you want your eyes to go all wibbly wobbly..! :p

UMMMM.....OH....OK...you are still talking about TV's! 

• Like 1