The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
walnutcowboy

Argue

My handle history is rather long and involved. .

If you check my profile and/or walnutcowboy on the hotseat (that is probably the easiest way to answer your question). it will explain all.

PS I would NEVER beat you with Fish Fingers (at least not without custard on them).

PPS how did you come up with your avatar?

Edited by walnutcowboy

My handle history is rather long and involved. .

If you check my profile and/or walnutcowboy on the hotseat (that is probably the easiest way to answer your question). it will explain all.

PS I would NEVER beat you with Fish Fingers (at least not without custard on them).

PPS how did you come up with your avatar?

Your handle history? I must confess I'm a peeping Tom and not a patient one to read long scrolls. Pardon me.

Though I still wonder why an old man is in your signature. Surely that's not you. Who's then?

How do I like to be a wannamaker?

Simply revealed. Just like Catweazle has chosen the avatar name from his favourite TV Show.

Mine is from (UK) actress Zoë Wanamaker seen in the popular sitcom My Family.

OK Then, VERY briefly, Walnut Cowboy is the CB radio handle I've used for about 40 years.

As for using Miracle Max (from The Princess Bride) avatar, when I wake up in the mornings, my hair looks just about like that (except it's still brown). And for the most part the avatar shows how old I feel MOST of the time.

Under my avatar I use "Miracle Mike" because it's a miracle I'm still alive.

For more info about THAT you'll have to go to my profile and read up about what I've been through. 

PS it's amazing that WE aren't ARGUING on this ARGUE thread, BUT "THEY" ARGUE on the Bible On The History Channel !!!! 

Edited by walnutcowboy

You're not. You've come in to tell us that you're keeping out of it. 

If you was keeping out of it, you would not post!!!

Stop making me laugh..! :lol:

CATWEAZLE,

Defending MISS KITKA's comment about "staying out of it" does NOT mean she is now involved.

If you walking down the street with a friend and saw 2 people fighting, as you walked by you told your friend that you are "staying out of it", DOESN'T mean you are part of the fight.

A person can comment without getting involved! 

I'm a homosexual lady with a homosexual wife. My wife said that she spoke with God (after loooooots of prayer), and God said to her that it's great that we're spreading our love around.

Boom.

:D

I'm a homosexual lady with a homosexual wife. My wife said that she spoke with God (after loooooots of prayer), and God said to her that it's great that we're spreading our love around.

Boom.

:D

You're mistaken, it was Satan's voice your wife heard.

No, I'm not mistaken. It was Satan.

Seeing as you are not God, nor inside my wife's head/heart, you are mistaken. It was God's voice.

CATWEAZLE, 

Defending MISS KITKA's comment about "staying out of it" does NOT mean she is now involved.If you walking down the street with a friend and saw 2 people fighting, as you walked by you told your friend that you are "staying out of it", DOESN'T mean you are part of the fight. A person can comment without getting involved! 

Thanks, walnut! That's what I meant..! :)

Seeing as you are not God, nor inside my wife's head/heart, you are mistaken. It was God's voice.

I SOOO hate getting involved in this agrument BUT I just can't let THIS go.

Please keep in mind I have SEVERAL close family members that prefer different life styles.

We love the sinners but hate the sin (and in no way am I saying I'm sinless, I'm just TRYING to sin less)

POINT of the First) In the BIBLE, GOD says homosexuality is an abomination.

It does NOT say it's an Abomination except for...________(fill in the blank, as you would LIKE it to be).

POINT of the Second)  IF GOD did change HIS mind just because someone living in sin prayed to HIM to make it Okey-Dokey,

then that would make GOD a liar, which He is NOT!

POINT of the Third) If GOD did lie, (which HE DIDN'T/ CAN'T/WON'T) then that would make GOD & the BIBLE  useless, so WHY would your wife pray to HIM?

POINT of the Forth) In the BIBLE, it says,that GOD is The WAY (to get to heaven), The TRUTH (what we NEED hear to get to heaven), and The LIFE (Eternal Life in heaven). 

While the enemy is the father of lies (who tells is what we WANT to hear) to prevent those who listen to him (the enemy) from getting to heaven.

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1

No disrespect to anyone's views, but this discussion has become a matter of:

• Like 3

You either believe the BIBLE or you don't.

That's not an opinion it's a fact.

PLEASE show me in post #189 WHERE I have given my/any opinions and not used facts !

Edited by walnutcowboy

I SOOO hate getting involved in this agrument BUT I just can't let THIS go.

Please keep in mind I have SEVERAL close family members that prefer different life styles.

We love the sinners but hate the sin (and in no way am I saying I'm sinless, I'm just TRYING to sin less)

POINT of the First) In the BIBLE, GOD says homosexuality is an abomination.

It does NOT say it's an Abomination except for...________(fill in the blank, as you would LIKE it to be).

POINT of the Second) IF GOD did change HIS mind just because someone living in sin prayed to HIM to make it Okey-Dokey,

then that would make GOD a liar, which He is NOT!

POINT of the Third) If GOD did lie, (which HE DIDN'T/ CAN'T/WON'T) then that would make GOD & the BIBLE useless, so WHY would your wife pray to HIM?

POINT of the Forth) In the BIBLE, it says,that GOD is The WAY (to get to heaven), The TRUTH (what we NEED hear to get to heaven), and The LIFE (Eternal Life in heaven).

While the enemy is the father of lies (who tells is what we WANT to hear) to prevent those who listen to him (the enemy) from getting to heaven.

Since there is no "dislike" button, I'll make a post instead.

What you are saying is disrespectful. The whole "We love the sinners but hate the sin" is just a way for you to feel good about yourself while making someone else feel bad. This is bullying.

Please note that I have reported your post to Tripper.

Why not just apoligize and perhaps drop this topic. After all, when you started this thread your own rule was "You must argue without getting personal or hurting the feelings of others."

Edited by 4ofN

Maybe it's time to change the subject now. We seem to be heading down a path where it would be very hard for this discussion not to get personal or hurt other people's feelings

Can we please leave the discussion of religion & sexuality behind? We're dealing with immoveable opinions here and it's unlikely any good or understanding can come from carrying on this conversation.

A few of the more recent posts on this matter have been hidden so we can try move to another topic of discussion.

• Like 1

Can we please leave the discussion of religion & sexuality behind? We're dealing with immoveable opinions here and it's unlikely any good or understanding can come from carrying on this conversation.

A few of the more recent posts on this matter have been hidden so we can try move to another topic of discussion.

If one stick to arguing the post and not the poster no topic is beyond fair debate.

My argument is that the Bible is clearly againist homosexuality.

Who can counter my argument with a cool head?

The reason some posts are hidden is because there is a atheist here with an agenda who likes to create an atmosphere of disrespect. He is reporting posts and suggesting posters make public apologies in an attempt to belittle those who believe in God.

Hahaha, silly homophobes. God will take care of everyone, even the ones who try to say that love between two consenting adults is a "sin." Good luck to everyone! We are very blessed.

• Like 1

Hahaha, silly homophobes. God will take care of everyone, even the ones who try to say that love between two consenting adults is a "sin." Good luck to everyone! We are very blessed.

I can't speak for everyone, as for me, I'm not a homophobe.

My argument is what the Bible states. And it states that it is against homosexual practice.

There are in the world real homophobes that couldn't care less what the Biblle says. They just hate gays.

Like I said, my argument is base on scripture.

As you site God in your post, maybe you could provide some scripture in defence of your position.

Edited by Catweazle

Since there is no "dislike" button, I'll make a post instead.

WC) Feel free to post, as everyone SHOULD be able to give their opinions.

What you are saying is disrespectful. The whole "We love the sinners but hate the sin" is just a way for you to feel good about yourself while making someone else feel bad. This is bullying.

WC) PLEASE explain to me how, just by stating facts from the BIBLE I'm being disrespectful. I NEVER feel good while making others feel bad, because I too am a sinner, HOWEVER after sinning, I repent, while some "others" continue to live in their sin.

WC) PLEASE explain to me how I am bullying ANYONE.

Please note that I have reported your post to Tripper.

WC) I always thought of bullying is ...OH I don't know....telling on someone (in this case FOR STATING FACTS) and TRYING get them in trouble! ALSO trying to make them apologize for stating said facts!

That's what I call BULLYING !!

Why not just apologize and perhaps drop this topic. After all, when you started this thread your own rule was "You must argue without getting personal or hurting the feelings of others."

WC) PLEASE explain to me how stating BIBLE FACTS is getting personal!!

I have simply given logical steps to state BIBLICAL FACTS.

If anyone thinks that their feeling are hurt, (now, HERE is my opinion) I THINK they are feeling guilty about something I've said.

I say that because NO MATTER WHAT, no one can make me feel hurt OR guilty if I am doing no wrong!.

WC) Stating facts from the BIBLE (even if you choose Not to believe ,they are STILL facts from the BIBLE) is NOT getting personal, it's just STATING FACTS!!

WC) It will be VERY easy for me NOT to post on this thread again under the condition that everyone understands that I will only react (post) here as a result of another's persons action (post) 

For every action (you posting) there is an equal and opposite reaction (me posting).

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1

I am a believer.  I believe the Bible is the Holy and Inspired Word of God.  To stand on that conviction, means I cannot pick and chose what I will believe out of the Bible.  It's an all or nothing deal.  Does that mean I will or will not offend someone - I could and probably have.  But I would be a hypocrite if I only believed in some things or swayed on others.

If anyone was to ask me does the Bible say that homosexuality is wrong, I would tell them yes.  If someone asked me if God loves my gay daughter, I would tell them yes.  It's not a contradiction.  It is the truth.  Is it for me to judge her?  Absolutely not.  It is my job to love her and to tell her what I believe with humility and love.  God will do the rest...

I am a believer.  I believe the Bible is the Holy and Inspired Word of God.  To stand on that conviction, means I cannot pick and chose what I will believe out of the Bible.  It's an all or nothing deal.  Does that mean I will or will not offend someone - I could and probably have.  But I would be a hypocrite if I only believed in some things or swayed on others.

If anyone was to ask me does the Bible say that homosexuality is wrong, I would tell them yes.  If someone asked me if God loves my gay daughter, I would tell them yes.  It's not a contradiction.  It is the truth.  Is it for me to judge her?  Absolutely not.  It is my job to love her and to tell her what I believe with humility and love.  God will do the rest...

WC S.O.A.P. (again)

what a great 200 post !!

• Like 1