The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
walnutcowboy

Argue

Ohhh I wish I could offer you a hot beverage walnutcowboy! :);)

tumblr_ml3zofkL1E1s72dijo1_500.jpg

I don't know what Dr.WHO has to do with ARGUING, but you caught me on a good day.

WC S.O.A.P.

Right > nothing to do with arguing walnutcowboy :icon_razz:

Since you've turned the page after 200 posts... I felt the duty to offer you a moment of peace or truce if you wish ;) by the gesture of

offering a hot beverage by Dr Who and comedian Victoria Wood as a token of sympathy...

WANNAMAKER

I will gladly accept the moment of peace, even if I'm most at peace posting (at least until until my OCD takes over).

I will also accept the warm (I don't like it too hot) beverage from you, Dr. WHO, and Ms. Woods.

However there can never be a truce when it comes to the word of GOD.

And here I thought you were just trying to get a highly sought after (and almost unknown) WC S.O.A.P. (MY BAD)

However there can never be a truce when it comes to the word of GOD.

And here I thought you were just trying to get a highly sought after (and almost unknown) WC S.O.A.P. (MY BAD)

Okay walnutcowboys whatever you say. :icon_confused:

Why do you want to bring the word of God in whatever situation. Are you a preacher?

First off, thank you for the complement!!

In the past I've taught Sunday School from preschool, where I discovered I was a vomit magnet (which is a whole different story), thru Jr. High ,VBS (Vacation Bible School) and for 2 years special needs children.

As far as being a preacher, the BIBLE (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) teaches us to spread the word of GOD, and the GOSPELS (GOOD NEWS) of JESUS throughout the world (I am including the Cyberworld too). 

I would be surprised if you can find more than 25+/- total posts where I mention GOD. But since you brought it to my attention I think I'll change the wording over my green sprocket to something BIBLICAL so it CAN be seen by all.  

Thank you again,

Mike

• Like 1

Mike aka WC just wanted to thank you for being such an inspiration.  From reading your story, I think there would be many who would piss and moan until the Rapture.  But you have shown a faith that is wonderful.  A faith that has made me look a bit differently at things.  My roommate/the lady who I take care of is 82 and has a whole bunch of problems but we are lately focusing on the good things in life and count God as one of them.

Okay I guess that really isn't anything worth arguing about here so how about Go Yankees!   :icon_mrgreen:

I myself am a faire* weather fan of the DODGERS, 

I would like to see the YANKEES VS. DODGERS anytime.

(But not enough to argue).

* The So. Cal. "Original" Renaissance (Pleasure) Faire is now going on!

Which the guys have been to!!

Oh I didn't know that was a real thing.  Cool.

Yeah one time someone asked me why I didn't like the Dodgers or the Cowboys and I told them that I didn't make the rules.  For me it's a harmless rivalry.  Unfortunately it saddens me that it gets taken to epic proportions.

Such a senseless tragedy in Boston today.  I know I join many who are praying for those suffering...

It's been a true tragedy.

I don't think anyone (sane) can argue with that!

OBTW the Ren. Faire was a cool place to work too (if you could call it work).

There is no homosexual gene. Homosexuality is a choice.

Hahaha, thanks for the laugh :D  So you choose to be attracted to the opposite sex?  You get to choose who you are attracted to?  You must be so lucky!!

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/steps-authentic-happiness-positive-psychology/2013/apr/14/homosexuality-choice-modern-science-says-no/

Oh nooooo, heterosexual versus homosexual brains!  There's actually a difference! 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

Who knew that homosexuals and bisexuals could be so *gasp* normal?!  Curses.

• Like 1

Hahaha, thanks for the laugh :D  So you choose to be attracted to the opposite sex?  You get to choose who you are attracted to?  You must be so lucky!!

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/steps-authentic-happiness-positive-psychology/2013/apr/14/homosexuality-choice-modern-science-says-no/

Oh nooooo, heterosexual versus homosexual brains!  There's actually a difference! 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

Who knew that homosexuals and bisexuals could be so *gasp* normal?!  Curses.

One does not have to choose what is natural. It becomes a choice when it is unnatural.

I do undersand that many today are convinced that homosexuality is biological, but that is only because the practice has become acceptable in society. However, it is not biological and no gay gene will ever be discovered.

I do undersand that many today are convinced that homosexuality is biological, but that is only because the practice has become acceptable in society. However, it is not biological and no gay gene will ever be discovered.

And that is your opinion.  

• Like 1

And that is your opinion.  

As science has not observed a gay gene it is more than my opinion.

Know something Catweazle? This thing of the brain no having gender issues really worries me :icon_rolleyes:

Years back there were talks on the way brain thinks and that female and male have no different ways to show to be either femminine or masculine.

Myself as a woman I always figured out that there must be a difference. If I am a female I like to be seen thinking differently from a male.

I cheerish the difference...I don't wish to become manlike.

Know something Catweazle? This thing of the brain no having gender issues really worries me :icon_rolleyes:

Years back there were talks on the way brain thinks and that female and male have no different ways to show to be either femminine or masculine.

Myself as a woman I always figured out that there must be a difference. If I am a female I like to be seen thinking differently from a male.

I cheerish the difference...I don't wish to become manlike.

Homosexuals have become acceptable to society over the decades by use of comedy. Men acting like little girls is funny to some and makes some people laugh. We now have comedy shows on TV like "The New Normal". Do you see how it's done!!!

God created two different human brains. Male and female.

Worry not, your female brain comes across as intelligent and feminine.

Those that are manlike have adopted a false persona. Acting which eventually becomes second nature to them.

As science has not observed a gay gene it is more than my opinion.

Oh, my bad! I didn't realize that science has finished discovering everything.  

Oh, my bad! I didn't realize that science has finished discovering everything.  

Don't feel too bad, you can live in hope. However, it will be false hope.

Homosexuals have become acceptable to society over the decades by use of comedy. Men acting like little girls is funny to some and makes some people laugh. We now have comedy shows on TV like "The New Normal". Do you see how it's done!!!

God created two different human brains. Male and female.

Worry not, your female brain comes across as intelligent and feminine.

Those that are manlike have adopted a false persona. Acting which eventually becomes second nature to them.

But homosexuality has beeing part of human being since the begining of times. Actually in the ancient times it was accepted and seeing as something normal in Human being (The Ancient Greek society is only an example)

Only after Christianity arrived and settled down this aversion toward homosexuals appear in our society. It came with some more things like "women inferiority". All this was like a curtain in our brains. Now the things are not changing but coming to the natural way after so long time :) The process is hard, I know.

I've come to know a little Catweazle. So I gather that what he has said is not from the pagan period viewpoint. I think he refers to the fact that

gender is an issue when comes to religion belief

But homosexuality has beeing part of human being since the begining of times. Actually in the ancient times it was accepted and seeing as something normal in Human being (The Ancient Greek society is only an example)

Only after Christianity arrived and settled down this aversion toward homosexuals appear in our society. It came with some more things like "women inferiority". All this was like a curtain in our brains. Now the things are not changing but coming to the natural way after so long time :) The process is hard, I know.

Crime, immorality and perversions have been part of the being human since the beginnng also. Stiil wrong.

There is no homosexual gene. Homosexuality is a choice.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! You're a comedian, I like that. Okay, okay....I wanna be a lesbian! I'll let you know how it works out ;) Yeah, no....

Here's what I say: people can't help how they love. The Bible was created nearly 4,000 years ago. How am I supposed to believe that every word in it is truly God's word?? That alone is why I've never been a really religious person. There is not a single person who can tell me that they are 100% positive that some weirdo never added things in and/or took things out of the Bible at any time over the past 4,000 years and try to pass it off as the word of God.  I live by my own rules. I like to give my God more credit than that and know that he loves EVERYONE.....gay or straight. 

• Like 4

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! You're a comedian, I like that. Okay, okay....I wanna be a lesbian! I'll let you know how it works out ;) Yeah, no....

Here's what I say: people can't help how they love. The Bible was created nearly 4,000 years ago. How am I supposed to believe that every word in it is truly God's word?? That alone is why I've never been a really religious person. There is not a single person who can tell me that they are 100% positive that some weirdo never added things in and/or took things out of the Bible at any time over the past 4,000 years and try to pass it off as the word of God.  I live by my own rules. I like to give my God more credit than that and know that he loves EVERYONE.....gay or straight. 

You're right.  There is not one person right now who can say with 100% certainty that the Bible in any specific version is the 100% Word of God.  It takes something called faith to believe in something or someone that you have no hard and substantial proof to hold on to.

I believe that the Bible that was written over a span of 4,000 years finishing almost 2,000 years ago to be the Word of God without a doubt.  I also believe in the God that is depicted in the 66 books of the KJV and how ever many words, verses and pages.  And because I believe in the Bible I know that God loves EVERYONE.  There is nothing in the Bible that says HE doesn't.  On the contrary the Bible is full of God's love so much so that He sent His Son to be persecuted, beaten and put to death so that we could all have life.

What God does not like is sin.  Sin is doing anything that goes against what God wants.  I have stated before in either this thread or another one that I am a Believer and that I have a daughter who is gay.  I stated that I believe that the Bible says it is wrong.  I also stated that I believe God loves my daughter as he loves me and everyone else in this world. 

Sorry, didn't mean to sound preachy but I feel that if anyone is going to discuss God and/or the Bible, love and not condemnation should be the primary focus.

God Bless...

You make valid points. However, the Bible is recorded in the way God intended.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

The problem is not one fraud but one of interpretation and cherry picking.