The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.07 The Habitation Configuration (Nov. 8)

Your Episode Rating  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I don't think this was implied in the show at all....

Her issues stemmed from the fact that she thought Wil was'nt acting well...

Maybe I am trying to dig too deep. You are probably right. It boils down to the fact that it is a comedy. I thought her scene was funny.

I thought that it was boring. I can't recall any scene that stood out and made me laugh. There are previous episodes that I would have enjoyed rewatching then I did seeing this episode, When this one makes it on the re-run circuit I will not see it, nor will I go back and rewatch any scenes agains.

Wow, that's a bit harsh. But everyone is entitled to their opinion! Don't forget to vote! :)

Actually I thought there was a few scenes that were amusing:

- The bar scene between Sheldon & Penny

- The H/B scene at her apartment where Howard manipulates Bernie into going back to his mom's to sleep.

- The Will / Sheldon scene on his porch

- The Cheesecake Factory scene between Howard, Penny & Bernie

Edited by SodidIwin?

I agree this wasn't the funniest episode of the season, it might have been the least funny even this season. But I don't mind them not having super funny shows each episode, I still think this is the best sitcom on TV. However i thought it a little strange that L/P had a big conflict last week and this week there were no scenes with them together.

I agree this wasn't the funniest episode of the season, it might have been the least funny even this season. But I don't mind them not having super funny shows each episode, I still think this is the best sitcom on TV. However i thought it a little strange that L/P had a big conflict last week and this week there were no scenes with them together.

The only reason I can think why there were no L/P scenes is time. They have 7 actors (consisting of about 8 relationships) to cover in 20 minutes. Therefore, they are spreading them out by episode. That's probably why Raj will never get a girlfriend. Where would they find the time to fit them in?

I enjoyed this episode. There were several laugh-out-loud moments and there wasn’t really anything I found objectionable.

There seems to be a common theme to the comments concerning Amy and her behavior. I don’t really get that. Amy is in many ways Sheldon. Does anyone really think he would have been any different if he’d been directing Amy and a guest filming ‘Fun With Flags’? I believe he would have been the same as she was; Critical of the performances and arbitrary in that criticism. Amy knows nothing about acting and neither does Sheldon. That she would be critical of the only ‘actors’ involved is predictable and completely in character. Then, since she believed herself to be right, it is also understandable that she would be upset with Sheldon not defending her. No criticism for Will Wheaton, he was correct in his assessment of Amy as a director.

Amy also is getting flack because she wasn’t impressed with Sheldon’s make-up gift. The choice of gift was perfectly understandable from Sheldon’s perspective. Her disdain was completely understandable from hers. She doesn’t like, or have any interest in, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, or in all likelihood, Star Jones. Again, she is Sheldon. What she doesn’t like or have an interest in she dismisses and derides.

As for the idea that Sheldon is getting the bad end of this relationship; Holy Crap On A Cracker! Are you kidding me? Amy dressed up in a Star Trek uniform for Sheldon. Amy makes Sheldon dinner and serves him Strawberry Quick with Super Mario background music. Amy lets Sheldon violate or manipulate the relationship agreement at every turn. Amy went to a Halloween party with C3PO wearing a red mop string wig and credited him with wearing a couple’s costume. She gives as much, if not more, to this relationship as Sheldon.

@ Im_not_crazy: It is heartening to see someone else mention the changes in the way Jim Parsons is portraying Sheldon. While I still find this very distracting, it would be easier to take if he was just Sheldon or Sheldon 2.0. It’s the vacillating between the two that is bothering me at this point. Be one or the other. And these are not objections to the social, or relationship, maturation of Sheldon. It is the change in mannerisms, vocal intonation, facial expressions and body language.

The storyline with Howard contained some great lines. He’s very conflicted by the prospect of leaving his mother and his home. Yet, Bernadette is certainly not being in any way unfair in expecting him to do so. I do hope they resolve this soon, however, and this is not all they have in store for these two.

The L/P storyline, or lack thereof, did not bother me and I don’t see it indicating or foreshadowing anything. Nor do I take Penny’s comments on being a bad waitress as meaning anything in the way of a career change. I took the comments as throwaway lines meant to get laughs; which they did. For those that are hoping to see her get a big acting job I can only observe that what little we know of her acting suggests that she is worse at that than waitressing.

Overall, an enjoyable but not classic episode. :icon_mrgreen:

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 3

Penny is looking older and older.... Her acting is getting dumber.... The story is no longer intelligent and witty as it used to be... The magic is fading... It is high time to get back on track... Otherwise it will not be long until the show dies unnoticed...

• Like 2

I'm really disappointed by this episode. Sheldon has changed a lot, and frankly speaking I don't like this change. Sheldon should be more intelligent than others, but now he is just a normal person. The quirkiness of him is what made him funny. After watching this episode I disliked Amy so much. She was too nitpicking. I prefer the previous shows better, the science jokes has been greatly cut recently. It is really disappointing to see a Sheldon that is as normal as us

• Like 1

HeWolf -- I understand what you are saying about Sheldon. The weirdness doesn't seem to be as prominant to me this season as in season 5 (at the end). It does seem like they are trying to get sheldon back to the way he was,but at the same time, merge him with this new version. It is a little confusing. But, overall, I am much happier this season because he has been funnier to me. The bottom line is that I want him funny and throwing great one-liners, and he has been doing that so much better this season.

Anyone else get the impression that they might be setting up Howard & Bernadette for a spin-off series?

Anyone else get the impression that they might be setting up Howard & Bernadette for a spin-off series?

Gosh, I hope not. It would be like "After MASH" with dickies.

Wow, that's a bit harsh. But everyone is entitled to their opinion! Don't forget to vote! :)

Actually I thought there was a few scenes that were amusing:

- The bar scene between Sheldon & Penny

- The H/B scene at her apartment where Howard manipulates Bernie into going back to his mom's to sleep.

- The Will / Sheldon scene on his porch

- The Cheesecake Factory scene between Howard, Penny & Bernie

I don't think that Howard manipulated Bernie into going back to his mother's house. I think he was just sincerely trying to explain the situation, why it has been so hard for him to leave her. Moving out would be almost as traumatic for him as it would be for his mother, except that he has Bernie and his mother will be alone.

Bernadette just felt sorry for his mother after Howard's story and didn't want him breaking his mother's heart again. He seemed to be surprised at her reaction, not pleased.

I'm hoping that for H&B's sake that that dalliance with the dentist continues so that H&B can really be on their own, but maybe they can have an occasional awkward evening at his mother's house so that we don't lose his mother as a recurring character.

I wanted to throw out there too since it hasn't been mentioned that sheldon told penny he liked her (before he began drinking). Another development for sheldon (not in a shenny way but in a friendship way)

• Like 1

I wanted to throw out there too since it hasn't been mentioned that sheldon told penny he liked her (before he began drinking). Another development for sheldon (not in a shenny way but in a friendship way)

Yes, that was a nice little touch--not too much made of it, but it shows that he really does like her and consider her a friend, even if it was a "tough row to hoe" :)

I just love the way he sucked down those drinks like a vacuum cleaner! :p

• Like 1

Penny is looking older and older.... Her acting is getting dumber.... The story is no longer intelligent and witty as it used to be... The magic is fading... It is high time to get back on track... Otherwise it will not be long until the show dies unnoticed...

Have you checked the ratings lately? :)

• Like 1

You are right and I caught that right away, only because I believe that is the very first time he ever admitted that to Penny.

Yes, that was a nice little touch--not too much made of it, but it shows that he really does like her and consider her a friend, even if it was a "tough row to hoe" :)

I just love the way he sucked down those drinks like a vacuum cleaner! :p

Boy didn't he suck those babies down! His father would have been proud! A real Texan! :)

Just seen the episode... I liked it.

Amy really needs to get to grips with the fact Sheldon does not get rhetorical questions. He's completely literal. She's a smart cookie she should pick this up soon, right? What would he do without Leonard? his buddy…

The bar scene was fantastic. I love Penny's common sense. And anyone who thinks she would be romantically interested in Sheldon - take a look at him! Nerd central! Amy didn't annoy me, I thought she was funny. She only has eyes for Sheldon, they really are one wacky couple... and he brought her Star Trek!! awww

Just seen the episode... I liked it.

Amy really needs to get to grips with the fact Sheldon does not get rhetorical questions. He's completely literal. She's a smart cookie she should pick this up soon, right? What would he do without Leonard? his buddy…

The bar scene was fantastic. I love Penny's common sense. And anyone who thinks she would be romantically interested in Sheldon - take a look at him! Nerd central! Amy didn't annoy me, I thought she was funny. She only has eyes for Sheldon, they really are one wacky couple... and he brought her Star Trek!! awww

I think it would be kind of funny if she watched all those episodes and then started questioning the guys about the science in the show, or maybe developed a crush on Wil Wheaton or anyone else on the show, or all of a sudden got her geek on and got totally obsessed with it. :p

• Like 2

I think it would be kind of funny if she watched all those episodes and then started questioning the guys about the science in the show, or maybe developed a crush on Wil Wheaton or anyone else on the show, or all of a sudden got her geek on and got totally obsessed with it. :p

Yup, maybe this should go in fan fiction section... not really sure where my comic strips should go?? It's kind of relevant...

5year-2.jpg

• Like 1

One of the least funny episodes I can remember.

What I liked - Sheldon handing Wil Wheaton the action figure and telling him to play with himself. Wheaton and LeVar Burton were very good. Leonard was good.

What I didn't like - Amy- she's become very unlikable. In additon to desperate and sex-starved they've now added rude and demanding, She was totally in the wrong. I don't know why they're doing that to her. Penny just seemed bored. Raj had nothing to do. I thought Sheldon was too animated. He's becoming more goofy than quirky. I've never cared for drunk Sheldon. I thnk they're setting Howard & Bernadette up for a spin-off. It usually happens after a show has peaked creatively.

I thnk they're setting Howard & Bernadette up for a spin-off. It usually happens after a show has peaked creatively.

Well, isn't it a good thing that we don't have to worry about that for this show for a few more years, at least?

Just watched it. This one was again, for me, a warm-feels episode rather than a LOL episode. There were two moments where I actually teared up, and one of them was when Simon shared the story of his childhood magic tricks with Bernadette. Amazing acting by Simon. TBBT blindsides me with these rare moments of deep emotion, sometimes.

The scenes with Sheldon at Penny's bar, and Texas-drunk Sheldon at Wheaton's doorstep, were hilarious. Some brilliant expressions and dialogue delivery from the ever-reliable Jim. Amy's behavior had certainly been obnoxious, but I don't think that the story was about her at all; she was just the trigger to make Sheldon go through what he did. His moment of unexpected vulnerability, when he admitted that he may be a 'callous egomaniac' and felt scared that Amy might leave him, was a huge thing for Sheldon, and he needed that moment of epiphany. Plus, it made him recall all the things she's ever done for him, which has to be substantial.

All in all, a funny, touching episode. My favorite funny moment was Sheldon's third knock - 'two, it was two' - that made me die laughing. It was just so him.