The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 2.12

CBS has announced Episode 2.12, "The Killer Robot Instability", which will air January 12th, 2009. "The Killer Robot Instability" - When Penny's comment about Wolowitz's love life sends him into a depressed stupor, his friends lose their most important team-mate in an upcoming fighting robot competition, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Jan. 12 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. http://the-big-bang-theory.com/episodeguide/episode/212/

An entertaining episode but not one of the best. We're introduced to Kripke, a new character who so far is pretty much defined by his lisp and nothing else. So far there's nothing there to get excited about, but we'll see what happens next episode. The Howard/Penny scene is interesting, but I wish it would have ended after Penny said that for the first time in a year and half of knowing Howard, she felt like she was talking to a real person. It would have been great to see Howard's character actually change, grow a little, from that exchange, not just revert completely back to the status quo. Howard's mother, may I just say, is hilarious.

On our local station, a commercial with the actor who plays Kripke came on in the middle of the show. Anyone else notice that? Steve

Well to those of you who though it was not one of the best story wise it was the best episode ratings wise according to thrfeed.com who had this to say: "CBS' comedy block continues to impress, with "Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother" hitting series highs in the adult demo against all-original competition and winning the night. [...] CBS' comedy block continues to impress, with "Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother" hitting series highs in the adult demo against all-original competition and winning the night.

Watched this again last night.

Just gotta say, how creepy does Howard look in those goggles ??

lolz

Wish they'd left the scene as it's shown on the gag reel with Kaley's voice hitting the high note during her line.. I thought that worked well.

As funny as it was that penny punched Howard I'd think from a character standpoint it should've ended just before that not him trying to kiss her, then her punching him out and then Howard telling the guys he's close to pity sex it had him revert back to his old self and penny talking to Howard and getting to know them real him a moot point.

My favorite episode..Penny rips Howard a much deserved new one. Too bad he still didn't get it and reverts back to the same old creep which is typical of guys like him in real life.They treat rejection like it's "foreplay".