The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

Favorite Quotes, Moments, Etc.

I thought this would be a fun thread for everyone :-)...

Post your favorite quotes, favorite moments or even if you like a certain mannerism or something that makes one character stand out above the others, etc. Anything goes. Feel free to quote and comment on other people's posts (as we always do anyway) :-).

I'll start:

*When the girls are playing "truth or dare" and Amy asks Bernadette, "What is the circumference of your aureolas?" LOL! Get's me every time.

*I enjoy the moments when Leonard looks quizzically/innocently over his glasses instead of through them. For example, after Sheldon made the comment about him not shaving his nose hair because he's short.

Monique

• Like 1

I think among my favorites are the scenes between Sheldon and his mother--the way she is both tender and stern, the way he wants to revert back to being a child when he's with her, the way she can make him obey her with a look or a word. Love it.

And it's funny to me that Amy kind of has that same effect on him--I mean the desire to please, or the desire to not displease, maybe. :p

Amy seems to know when to talk Sheldon through something and when to just put her foot down and stop his nonsense.

There's a funny thing that I noticed when watching The Rhinitis Revelation (?) from last season, and I've noticed it a couple of other times. When Sheldon is in bed and his mother is talking with him, he moves his legs, or at least his right leg--you can just see where his knee kind of comes up, like he's fussling a little bit. I noticed it in this scene, and also in the scene at the end of The Luminous Fish episode, and I think also in the scene with Penny when she first sings Soft Kitty to him, and then also in the episode when he gets locked out of his apartment and asks her to sing Soft Kitty so that he can fall asleep--he's wiggling his legs...

I wonder if that's a deliberate acting choice or if he's even aware that he's doing it. I wonder if it's maybe an outlet for nervous energy or something, since he's otherwise so still in those scenes, or what.

I did notice in one of the bloopers that as they've stopped and they're all kind of chuckling, that JP is either jiggling one leg or else he's kind of shifting rapidly from one foot to the other--something kind of wiggly is going on with his legs--you can just see it because of how his hips or his shirt is moving.

Anyway, I've been working my way through certain episodes, rewatching them and obsessing over the performances (as if you couldn't tell...) and I'm just enjoying it all so much. Since I'm currently fascinated by Sheldon/Jim, that's mostly what I've been noticing.

In rewatching Luminous Fish I was enjoying Sheldon's rant about Gablehouser as he and Leonard are going down the stairs. Excellent!

My two favorite moments are definetly when the guys eat the special cookies on the camping trip in season 3 and when they get Sheldon to drink coffee in season 2!!! Could not stop laughing at either part

• Like 2

Oh god, that's the best. Stars are pretty aren't they?

LOVE this part! I laughed just as hard as the characters were as if I was there. LOL.

Monique

I love it when Sheldon tells Leonard, "....I love you so much...." after accidently getting a little tequila down his throat. LOL.

Monique

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 2

"You're on, bitch!"-Sheldon

I vote for Sheldon using the word, "bitch" more often. LOL.

Monique

• Like 1

All the moments when Howard does voices/impressions are the best! My all time favorites include his Stephen Hawking voice and his Indian voice he uses when mocking Raj; it isjust too prefect. A good example would be in the most recent TBBT when he sounds like Bernadette. #perfection

• Like 1

There are way too many so I'll just mentioned the ones I watched yesterday/the day before.

I like when Sheldon goes into the projection booth at the theater and takes all the reels of Indiana Jones. It was a cool breakthrough moment for someone like him.

___

In The Spaghetti Catalyst when Penny opens her door and Sheldon is standing there just looking beat up/dirty and he's holding the hot dog. "I had to trade the others for my life." Lmao. Every time!

___

The Killer Robot Instability... when they're going to fight Kripke's robot and it 'chases' MONTE out of the room and Sheldon runs after and says, "Don't hurt us! Don't hurt us! No, no NONONO!!" and is screaming like he's truly flustered. LOL.

___

"Nooo! I'm Kermit. You're Scooter."

"Aw, man, Scooter SUCKS!"

"...he's like the Aqua Man of the Muppet babies."

___

When Raj is dating the deaf girl. I like when Raj is explaining the constellations of stars and Howard just translates, "Look, pretty stars."

And again when he's webchatting with his dad and says, "I choose love." and his dad replies, "You're an idiot."

LOL.

Too many to choose from, but two recent ones involve Amy:

"The Isolation Permutation" - Amy and Sheldon's cuddling negotiations, and the scene in the party store parking lot.

"The Shiny Trinket Maneuver" - Amy's reaction to the tiara. "OfcourseIdoI'maprincessandthisismytiara!" Priceless!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

He's so talented with the voices. He's just talented PERIOD.

Monique

He does a very funny Nicholas Cage--I think he was on Conan? Simon is a hoot!

I just noticed another tiny thing (another in my line of "looking-too-closely-at-JP" moments) in the episode where Priya is taking apart his Roommate Agreement.

I love the whole meat-chewing bit, with him moving that chunk of meat from one side to the other, trying to chew it, trying to come up with some positive thing about the Greeks, only to spit the meat out. "Cubes of charred meat that taste like sweat!" LOL!

And just before he goes to sit down, I love the little lip-licking thing he does--he kind of sticks his tongue way out and licks his lips before he sits down to try the Greek food. Kinda like this---> :p

• Like 1

Howard (wearing 3D movie glasses) "Didn't it look like that spear was gonna go right through your head???"

Raj (Sad face and NOT wearing 3D movie glasses) "....No...."

Monique

I too think that Howard has some great lines, and Simon delivers them so well. For example in season five when he realised that Bernadette doesn't want children and Bernadette overhears his mother shouting to him that he should discuss it with her. Howard replies "Don’t worry, Ma. I will, as soon as I can figure out a way to bring up such a sensitive issue!!" The line itself isn't particularly funny, but he delivered it in such a way that it sounded hilarious. And his impressions of other people, e.g. Stephen Hawking and when he does that Indian voice when he called Lalita Gupta. He's just a great comedic actor.

• Like 1

A new favorite moment is from this past ep where Sheldon can't quite bring himself to hit the send button when he's about the throw the WwF game. I love the way his finger seems to have a mind of its own and twirls around in the air before ending up in Sheldon's mouth...

ahem.

Howard (wearing 3D movie glasses) "Didn't it look like that spear was gonna go right through your head???"

Raj (Sad face and NOT wearing 3D movie glasses) "....No...."

Monique

Which episode is this from???

The Pants Alternative I think...not sure

That sounds right--the phone rings while they're watching and while Sheldon is on the phone he hands Raj his 3-D glasses. I think that's the phone call about the award and the speech.

"Oh, come on. Not knowing is part of the fun."

"'Not knowing is part of the fun.' Was that the motto of your community college?!"

• Like 2