Characters' Families?

I'm trying to get straight what we know of each character's families--parents, siblings, etc. I'm wondering if we've had any contradictions or, perhaps "revisions" of what we know.

Edited to Add: some corrections and fill-ins, thanks to JoeSal90 and HeWolf!

Sheldon:

Mother: Mary Cooper

Father: Deceased

Twin Sister: Missy--a waitress at Fudruckers?

Brother: George?

Mrs. Cooper mentions having 2 other children in the S1 episode The Luminous Fish Effect (something like "I have 2 other children who are dumb as soup.")

Of course, we meet his fraternal twin sister Missy later that season. I forget what it is she does for a living, but Sheldon does point out that her DNA could theoretically produce another extraordinary person like himself. She refers to him to her friends as a "rocket scientist"... :p

Leonard:

Mother: Mrs. Beverly Hofstadter

Father: Mr. Hofstadter--I don't think they mention his first name, but apparently he and Leonard's mother are divorcing/divorced

Younger Brother: Michael--a tenured law professor at Harvard

Older Sister: ?--38 yrs old and married

Mrs. Hofstadter has visited twice, I think? Leonard's younger brother is apparently named Michael. And sadly, Leonard's dog has died... :(

Penny:

Father: Wyatt ? (no last name!!!)

Mother: ?? (apparently she's somewhat big...according to Sheldon)

Siblings: At least one brother who apparently cooks meth...

Of course, Penny's last name is kind of an issue of superstition, apparently, among the writers, so they don't seem to be in any hurry to mention or give her a last name. She's mentioned her meth-cooking brother, but I don't know that she's mentioned any other siblings.

Also, apparently in the first episode where Mrs. Hofstadter appeared, Penny's father may have been referred to as Bob??

Howard:

Mother: Mrs Wolowitz

Father: Left when Howard was 8 (and even Alf the puppet didn't know where he went...)

Siblings: None

Have we heard of Mrs. Wolowitz's first name?

Raj:

Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Koothraapali (I don't think their first names have been mentioned.)

Younger (?) Sister: Priya, a corporate lawyer, as I recall

Other Siblings: Apparently there are 4 others? I don't think any names have been mentioned

In S3's The Pirate Solution, when Raj crams his Brobdingnagian desk into Sheldon's office he mentions having something like 2 brothers and 3 sisters, or the other way around. I think that's the only mention of any siblings besides Priya.

Bernadette:

Dad: Mr. Rostenkowski (have we heard a first name?), a retired cop

Mom: Mrs. Rostenkowski--I don't think we know much about her

Siblings: Apparently Bernadette has younger siblings, but we haven't heard any details

Mrs. Rostenkowski either ran an illegal daycare in her basement or else she worked full time--or possibly both... Have we actually seen her?

Amy:

Mom: Mrs. Fowler

I don't think we know anything about Amy's father, but apparently she doesn't have any siblings--at least, none that I can recall being mentioned.

Does anyone know any more or anything different about the guys/gals and their families?

Edited by phantagrae

Does anyone know any more or anything different about the guys/gals and their families?

I think Missy may work for Fuddrucker's as a sever or waitress but I'm not sure. Leonard's mom's name is Beverly, and I believe Priya mentioned in The Roommate Transmogrification that she has five siblings (counting Raj).

Edited by JoeSal90

Penny has an older sister who shot her husband and who has a teenage son that Penny brought a comic book.

Leonard has a sister-in-law (younger brother's wife) who is an Appeals Court Judge in New Jersey.

Leonard's father was having an affair which caused his divorce from Beverly. The Other Woman happens to be a "waitress" as Beverly dismissively spit out while looking at Penny. Like father like son.

Amy has an elderly great-Aunt who lives in a nursing home in Orange County.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

Penny has an older sister who shot her husband and who has a teenage son that Penny brought a comic book.

Leonard has a sister-in-law (younger brother's wife) who is an Appeals Court Judge in New Jersey.

Leonard's father was having an affair which caused his divorce from Beverly. The Other Woman happens to be a "waitress" as Beverly dismissively spit out while looking at Penny. Like father like son.

Amy has an elderly great-Aunt who lives in a nursing home in Orange County.

Ah--thanks!! Lots of good info!