Mayim In Blossom

Just watching some clips of Mayim in the programme Blossom. She was cute and funny! I never watched the show probably because I was just a baby. Just wondering if you guys ever watched it or what you thought of her? I never knew who she was until TBBT, She's such a natural.lol :D Mayim <3

Edited by LoveShamy
  • Like 1

I grew up with Blossom. At the same time, Punky Brewster and Webster were also airing. It was quite a rubbish show. In fact, all 3 were. It wasn't a particularly cool time to be alive lolz.

Thankfully Mayim has blossomed into a much better actress since this show.

(see what I did there?) :)

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Blossom was my favorite show growing up. I was 12 when they started airing it in my country and it was the only show I watched for years. I even had a huge Mayim/Joey Lawrence poster in my bedroom, it was my ONLY poster :) I also had a Mayim doll that my sister broke. i still hold that against her. Back when I was a teenager, it was HUGE. Boys would watch Fresh Prince of Bel Air and then, all the girls watched Blossom. *sigh*

Hhaha I was obsessed. I was always "Blossom this, Blossom that, she would do this, or say that", etc. My mom used to yell "wpuld you STOP with that Blossom girl PLEASE?" haha

I remember when I saw her showing up on TBBT after all those years I yelled IT'S BLOSSOM! OMG OMG which got me a haughty derision look from my ex (not my ex back then) who then said "is that the Blossom girl you are always talking about?"

btw, have any of you guys watched the movie she did with Woody Allen and Michael J Fox "Don't drink the water? It is absolutely awesome and really funny. I downloaded it some time ago and really enjoyed it.

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 1

I was in my 30s when this show was on the air, apparently... :icon_eek:

I remember hearing about it, though--and I remember those opening credits and the song. I'd kind of like to see MB dance like that nowadays... :p

I don't think I ever actually watched the show, but I may have seen bits and pieces of some episodes.

I'd love to see Johnny G and MB's kiss, though. Johnny mentioned it at the 2011 ComicCon and that it was his first on-screen kiss. Aww...

I do remember MB from the movie Beaches.

Yani, you need to send me a link because I only have a short clip of Don't drink the water. I'm still not alive when Blossom aired in our country.

I can't get over her saying "F*** you"! It's so rare... unless Yani has some archived moment in Blossom where she said it there too.

• Like 1

Yani, you need to send me a link because I only have a short clip of Don't drink the water. I'm still not alive when Blossom aired in our country.

I can't get over her saying "F*** you"! It's so rare... unless Yani has some archived moment in Blossom where she said it there too.

Oh, such a thing would never have been said on Blossom!

I hadn't heard that she'd appeared on Kirstie Allie's show--that was kind of surprising! But then again, I never watched KA's show. I'd heard of it, but never saw any of it.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I was in my 30s when this show was on the air, apparently... :icon_eek:

I remember hearing about it, though--and I remember those opening credits and the song. I'd kind of like to see MB dance like that nowadays... :p

I don't think I ever actually watched the show, but I may have seen bits and pieces of some episodes.

I'd love to see Johnny G and MB's kiss, though. Johnny mentioned it at the 2011 ComicCon and that it was his first on-screen kiss. Aww...

I do remember MB from the movie Beaches.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98zBl_EU1I the scene with little Johnny starts at 2:00. I always get a kick of his voice on this clip :p

Sorry I'm kinda late, I've been without electtricity since Sunday night's storm and it just got back with my beloved internet!

Jeanalice, regarding Don't drink the water, the link where I downloaded it from is down, but if you want I can upload it somewhere and send you the link via PM so you can have it. It's not easy to find.

• Like 1

Holy crap... you posted here the video of Mayim dropping the F Bomb that I found a few days ago. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

I shared it from a group on facebook :) Love shamy group, did you post it on there, because thats how I came across it lol :D

I shared it from a group on facebook :) Love shamy group, did you post it on there, because thats how I came across it lol :D

yes, it's me who shared it there. ;) Do not tell the others my real name. The might see my hideous Facebook photo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

lol I remember who she was but I never watched the show, I wasn't into teen shows yet at that age, still on cartoons. lol. But then again my "teen show" was the X-Files so I never really was into this kind of shows. :huh:

• Like 1

I grew up with Blossom. At the same time, Punky Brewster and Webster were also airing. It was quite a rubbish show. In fact, all 3 were. It wasn't a particularly cool time to be alive lolz.

Thankfully Mayim has blossomed into a much better actress since this show.

(see what I did there?) :)

Hehehe I saw ;)

But yes, I grew up with those shows as well. I used to like a lot of the 90's shows like Home Improvement, Full House, Growing Pains, 21 Jump Street & The Cosby Show. Even though not all shows were of a high standard I like them better as supposed to the crap MTV now shows with Jersey Shore & that shit.....

Nowadays we don't get to see that sort of shows anymore....so I am always happy with re runs on Comedy Central and such channels.

Edited by Jacks

• 2 weeks later...