Leonard/priya Breakup

C-Trayne

I'm fairly new to the site and show so IDK if this has been brought up yet but was anyone else kind of disappointed by the lack of explanation or actual acknowledgement of them breaking up? I mean we don't really even hear anyone mention it except for the one quote in the episode following the one where Priya cheats on Leonard, where he says "I'm single, I don't need this crap" and then Raj mentions something about it when L and P start going out again but that's really it... I mean i would have liked to see the other characters reactions to it both with Leonard in the scene and without.

Edited by C-Trayne

I'm fairly new to the site and show so IDK if this has been brought up yet but was anyone else kind of disappointed by the lack of explanation or actual acknowledgement of them breaking up? I mean we don't really even hear anyone mention it except for the one quote in the episode following the one where Priya cheats on Leonard, where he says "I'm single, I don't need this crap" and then Raj mentions something about it when L and P start going out again but that's really it... I mean i would have liked to see the other characters reactions to it both with Leonard in the scene and without.

Piya was a plot device that the writers used to make Penny want Leonard. Once she finished that task they gave her a ticket home and transitioned to the Leonard and Penny final build. The writers did not want to even consider going back to give a better explanation of their breakup since they probably thought it a waste of screen time and the fans would not care as long as they switched back to L/P .

Edited by BangerMain

Wait Priya admitted she had a fling with her old boyfriend Sanjay & Leonard wanted to kiss the comic book girl. Good enough reasons. They can always bring her back if they like. Besides her being uber beautiful she had a fun adversarial relationship with Sheldon that I enjoyed a lot...

Wait Priya admitted she had a fling with her old boyfriend Sanjay & Leonard wanted to kiss the comic book girl. Good enough reasons. They can always bring her back if they like. Besides her being uber beautiful she had a fun adversarial relationship with Sheldon that I enjoyed a lot...

Makes sense... I can see her being a less than likeable character... I do wish we could have seen some kind of reactions though. I mean what did Penny say when she finally saw the man she wanted break up with his GF???? The fact that it was just brushed under the rug was kind of odd. At least IMO

That and the fact that once by the time Priya left the show she was very unpopular anyway. Like Sheldon's twin sister Missy, I don't think we'll be seeing her again.

Priya did her job well. She was very unpopular by the end of season 5 and she will join Missy, Dr. Plimpton, David Underwood and comic book girl as plot devices retired to Valhalla.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

actually Priya was an excellent straightman and catalyst for some great comedy; the show where they go to Raj's to eat & Sheldon tried new friends, killer, also the 'Agreement Dissection' and the superb girls night out with Sheldon dancing; Bernadette as the tiny wildebeest spying. those were really good shows.

Doesn't really matter if Priya was a great straightman or not. The character was largely unpopular by the time she left the show. The fanbase was vocal about it and I think it's pretty telling that they haven't brought her back when they could have easily done so by now.

Priya was a big yawn. Which just goes to show looks aren't everything because the actress is very beautiful. This show is well known for incomplete explanations and the disappearance of Dr Stephanie is one of those moments, more so than Priya. But they have limited time in 20 minutes to give us a story, so some things need to be left to the imagination I guess.

Priya wasn't the most popular character on the site during her time on the show.

She came, she annoyed, she went. The majority were glad to see her go.

Amy received a similar welcome but the negativity towards her character has seemed to die down a lot.

Dr Stephanie still gets some love now and then.

• 2 weeks later...

God, I hate Priya. Every time I see a rerun with her in it I just cringe, she rubs me all sorts of wrong ways. She's all the things that annoy me about the "accomplished professional" type, flat and boring. And if that wasn't enough, she's a Tab. lol. I do appreciate she was a useful plot device for many reasons but I'm glad she's gone.

Edited by spook

Dr Stephanie still gets some love now and then.

I loved Dr. Stephanie. The scene where she's in bed with Leonard outlining exactly how he's going to give her "the speech" and how the relationship will then fizzle is hilarious... possibly because I can relate so well to it. :D