89 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

“The 43 Peculiarity” – Howard and Raj try to get to the bottom of why Sheldon disappears every afternoon at 2:45. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny deal with jealousy in their relationship, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 15 (8:00 – 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

Okay, editing my entire post--I went to check and this is going to be good. I don't know how laugh-out-loud funny it will be, but I think there's something for almost everyone. :)

Edited by phantagrae

Curious to know why Sheldon disappears to at 2:45pm every afternoon but the Leonard and Penny plot sounds interesting And I also don't know if this will be laugh-out-loud funny this episode will be, but there could be something for almost everyone.

Edited by JoeSal90

Until I see more, this is my favorite of the season so far. By far. I can't wait.

• Like 1

Not sure I'm looking forward to the Leonard and Penny bit, but it sounds like a lot of people already know the outcome. Curious about Sheldon, he's not good at keeping secrets. We should see some of his classic tic's.

I'm spoiled, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this one.. the Sheldon/Raj/Howard part is gold.

“The 43 Peculiarity” – Howard and Raj try to get to the bottom of why Sheldon disappears every afternoon at 2:45. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny deal with jealousy in their relationship, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 15 (8:00 – 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

I hope the writers aren't leading up to an other L/P break up. But if they are I hope it is Leonard who is the bad guy. It appears they have Penny coming around and realizing Leonard is a good catch. She is making all kinds of effort to meet with Leonard's approval. Of course her Questioning would Leonard get tired of her because she wasn't his intellectual equal is coming into play now.

I hope the writers aren't leading up to an other L/P break up. But if they are I hope it is Leonard who is the bad guy. It appears they have Penny coming around and realizing Leonard is a good catch. She is making all kinds of effort to meet with Leonard's approval. Of course her Questioning would Leonard get tired of her because she wasn't his intellectual equal is coming into play now.

I wonder who is jealous of who this time? Really? Can't they just keep them together on the same page? Even if they are together as a couple there are still so many humorous story-lines they can follow. DO NOT BREAK THEM UP ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE!

• Like 1

I wonder who is jealous of who this time? Really? Can't they just keep them together on the same page? Even if they are together as a couple there are still so many humorous story-lines they can follow. DO NOT BREAK THEM UP ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE!

I totally agree. Alex is in this episode and so is Penny's new classmate. But I have the feeling Alex is going to be the bigger threat in the long run. When I saw her chatting to Leonard that time, I thought 'oh-oh'. I can't see Alex with Raj at all, like some people have suggested. Her personality is more Leonard's type.

I totally agree. Alex is in this episode and so is Penny's new classmate. But I have the feeling Alex is going to be the bigger threat in the long run. When I saw her chatting to Leonard that time, I thought 'oh-oh'. I can't see Alex with Raj at all, like some people have suggested. Her personality is more Leonard's type.

Yep, indeed. Leonard and Alex found the "tone" immediately, and Alex was clearly fascinated by what Leonard did and even the person Leonard himself. However, I think Leonard will feel more threatened by someone flirting with Penny, rather than the other way around. At least, until now, Penny has never felt any kind of uncertainty when it comes to Leonard leaving her. Perhaps this changes now?

Looking forward to this episode!

• Like 1

Well I don't think until now penny has ever had a chance to be jealous... I don't think we've seen anyone else hit on him during their relationships

Well I don't think until now penny has ever had a chance to be jealous... I don't think we've seen anyone else hit on him during their relationships

You're right--all of his other dalliances have occured while they were apart. No woman has ever made a move on him while he and Penny were dating.

I was one of those advocating for Alex to be with Raj, but they don't seem to be going down that trail at all, having made Raj wimp out with his mutism when he first had a chance to impress her.

If Alex isn't intended to match up with Raj, then I don't see her being around much longer--I can't imagine that they'd actually use her to really break up L&P, but I can see her as being a glitch that Leonard and Penny may interpret differently.

Yep, indeed. Leonard and Alex found the "tone" immediately, and Alex was clearly fascinated by what Leonard did and even the person Leonard himself. However, I think Leonard will feel more threatened by someone flirting with Penny, rather than the other way around. At least, until now, Penny has never felt any kind of uncertainty when it comes to Leonard leaving her. Perhaps this changes now?

Looking forward to this episode!

While I am a L/P fan and don't want them to break up etc. I would like to see Alex help Leonard TURN THE WORM so to speak. Penny needs to realize Leonard is a good provider and Great catch for a Likeable simpleton like her self with no real prospects.

I was one of those advocating for Alex to be with Raj, but they don't seem to be going down that trail at all, having made Raj wimp out with his mutism when he first had a chance to impress her.

If Alex isn't intended to match up with Raj, then I don't see her being around much longer--I can't imagine that they'd actually use her to really break up L&P, but I can see her as being a glitch that Leonard and Penny may interpret differently.

Exactly, at this point in the show and where we see the L/P relationship i doubt she will be there to actually break up the ship but more likely perhaps finally give penny a chance to see how it feels when others are hitting on your current bf/gf. Especially since up to this point she has had no reason to suspect anyone else would really be actively interested in Leonard.

While I am a L/P fan and don't want them to break up etc. I would like to see Alex help Leonard TURN THE WORM so to speak. Penny needs to realize Leonard is a good provider and Great catch for a Likeable simpleton like her self with no real prospects.

Exactly. Penny is taking Leonard for granted atm, which obviously hinders their relationship. Hopefully the fact that Alex seems to be interested in Leonard makes Penny realize that Leonard is better for her than she thought.

Exactly. Penny is taking Leonard for granted atm, which obviously hinders their relationship. Hopefully the fact that Alex seems to be interested in Leonard makes Penny realize that Leonard is better for her than she thought.

As Amy explained to her in the car, in more technical terminology. :)

• Like 1

As Amy explained to her in the car, in more technical terminology. :)

Yeah indeed, the prefrontal cortex and limbic lust. :D

I want to know where Sheldon disappears too at 2:45 that could turn out really interesting and funny. I hope so. As for L/P meh they are always acting jealous over each other so nothing new there. I like Alex though, and I hope we get ot hear more crazy Alex hating comments from Amy even if its only for Penny's benefit like how Amy use to hate on Priya that was always fun lol

Alex does offer the intellect and ambition that Penny lacks. She has a lot in common with Leonard being in the same field. Dr Stephie and Prya were both Professionals with advance degrees equal to Leonard's. Leonard has a track Record of dating intellectual equals. Penny is a Lust thing from first sight. Alex isn't bad looking either. Beautiful Simpleton vs Beautiful Genius

I think there are stills from this ep up on the FB page. I can't access it from work, but for those who want to look... :)

Alex does offer the intellect and ambition that Penny lacks. She has a lot in common with Leonard being in the same field. Dr Stephie and Prya were both Professionals with advance degrees equal to Leonard's. Leonard has a track Record of dating intellectual equals. Penny is a Lust thing from first sight. Alex isn't bad looking either. Beautiful Simpleton vs Beautiful Genius

While this may be true, you can't help who you fall in love with. Leonard is in love with Penny. It is beyond lust at this point. Even through dating women who you may feel are more his speed, he has always wanted to be with Penny. He has shown no interest in Alex other than being pleasant with her since she is Sheldon's assistant.

• Like 4

While this may be true, you can't help who you fall in love with. Leonard is in love with Penny. It is beyond lust at this point. Even through dating women who you may feel are more his speed, he has always wanted to be with Penny. He has shown no interest in Alex other than being pleasant with her since she is Sheldon's assistant.

I agree. I don't particularly believe in 'love at first sight' but there's no denying that when Leonard sees Penny for the very first time in the pilot that there wasn't just this magical moment. There has been none of that since, and I know it's like that for the sake of the show but I'd like to think we all know that after all this time, his feelings for her have always been there. It's so obvious.

The point of the show is that you have a girl who's trying to pull the guys out of their inside-based lives and into the outside world. While she may not be his best choice for and intellectual counterpart, I believe she has more things to offer and is better for him than someone else.

So what if someone is "pretty and smart"? What else do they have to offer over Penny just besides the fact that she is smart? I think Leonard dating another scientist would be boring. They both have their different lives and then they have things they like together, which I think makes for a better and overall more fruitful relationship.

• Like 5

I agree. I don't particularly believe in 'love at first sight' but there's no denying that when Leonard sees Penny for the very first time in the pilot that there wasn't just this magical moment. There has been none of that since, and I know it's like that for the sake of the show but I'd like to think we all know that after all this time, his feelings for her have always been there. It's so obvious.

Kyzzx, I agree with you whole post, except for a minor disagreement with this. That moment in Episode 100(there are two, beginning and end of episode, but they are really the same moment) when Leonard is looking into Penny's apartment at Penny. I realize that it's supposed to be very similar to the pilot, but the look he gives her, for me anyway, is better than the look he gives her in the pilot. One born of a greater knowledge of what exactly she means to him and what they have already shared. The look she gives him back was also wonderful, and something that she couldn't have done in the pilot.

• Like 6