89 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I absolutely agree with all of you here. To sum up: I really loved this episode. Back to the old days with Howard and Raj's bromance in the focus of attention again. The door-listening seen when Raj put his face a quarter of an inch away from Howard's face was priceless. Penny finally said ILY, and the way it came out was perfectly done, because it was so "in-character". However, the Alex-text Leonard received was quite a mood-killer. I thought the text was from Penny and was quite sad when I found out that it actually was from Alex.

However, this is obviously looking better and better for L/P lovers out there (me included), and the fact that the show is on a Record-high numbers of viewers is soooo deserved. People who claims this show has declined since season 3 is just totally wrong. The additions of new faces were needed, and they have done it perfectly.

Kudos! TBBT can go on for maaany more seasons. I promise you all that we will reach season 10.

• Like 1

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know its been mentioned but I just wanna say again that I'm really glad they made Leonard admit his insecurities to penny. When he said "its not you, its all in here (points to head) I need to work

What Penny brings into his life is something that he really hasn't got from any of the other women he's been with...Excitement. Because Penny is different from not only him but from the other women he

For me it's not a matter of leaving Amy and/or Bernadette out for the sake of the others or to recapture "the good old days" or anything like that. I think it's simply about what stories you want to

Ha, I thought Americans found english accents quaint. I had no idea. :icon_cool:

I wonder if he will appear again. Alex came back so I'm thinking he might. Maybe they will end things unexpectedly and Alex will go off with the English guy.

Moonbase. speaking of English accents Have you ever watched the Movie Time after Time with Malcolm McDowell and Mary Steenburgen? Its a classic for Time Travel movie fans.

That's because the main 5 are a stronger combo, they have been doing it longer and theres a much better chemistry between them. It also felt like they had less to cram in to the episode because they left out Amy, Bernadette and Stuart. I hate to say it but it is better. The episode has a proper flow rather than a rush to fit everything in.

There was one thing I did not like and I'm not sure if its been mentioned. Sheldon's comment about Penny peeking corn was crass and tacky. It's something Amy would say, not Sheldon. He rarely swears and is never crude. I didn't think that scene when he was teasing Leonard was very good. It didn't have the charm of some of the great Sheldon/Leonard scenes we have had lately.

Ain't that the truth! I hate when they do shows that have like 4 situations going on at once and the scenes are flicked back and forth from one to another every 2 minutes. This episode had just 2 main story lines plus the brief interaction with Leonard and Alex which I thought was GREAT.

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

I hope they have more episodes with just the main 5, they rock. They were chosen for the show from the start for a reason and they are still the perfect collection of actors/characters IMO. The promo suggested it was an old style episode and just look at the ratings! They didn't drop at all. I think a lot more watchers appreciate the main 5 than this forum suggests, it's just that this new huge audience have only found out that the show existed.

Also the ILY moment had more impact because they left out the other couples. It was great just having the one romantic story in this episode, they should stick to that. Just feature A/S, L/P or H/B and have the other half about something else. It's much more effective when the focus has one couple. It might not always be possible but it works.

Edited by Moonbase
  • Like 2

I hope they have more episodes with just the main 5, they rock. They were chosen for the show from the start for a reason and they are still the perfect collection of actors/characters IMO. The promo suggested it was an old style episode and just look at the ratings! They didn't drop at all. I think a lot more watchers appreciate the main 5 than this forum suggests, it's just that this new huge audience have only found out that the show existed.

Also the ILY moment had more impact because they left out the other couples. It was great just having the one romantic story in this episode, they should stick to that. Just feature A/S, L/P or H/B and have the other half about something else. It's much more effective when the focus has one couple. It might not always be possible but it works.

I know , right. It's like they are our family sort of. First you have your siblings and your parents, nieces and nephew's. Once the nieces and nephew's get married, although you welcome their spouse into the family, they become acceptable but it's not the same as the core.

As far as these new comers watching the show only form the past several seasons, I can't see that. I missed I didn't watch the show until last year also, but I made sure I got a hold of Each and every episode from the very beginning and I watched them all in order. That was with the exception of the Nerdvana Annihilation, which was one of the very first episodes I watched which got me hooked.

I mean, it's not completely necessary that you need to know everything about the show from the whole beginning, but it sure helps ALOT!

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

The promo suggested it was an old style episode and just look at the ratings! They didn't drop at all. I think a lot more watchers appreciate the main 5 than this forum suggests, it's just that this new huge audience have only found out that the show existed.

I disagree with the underlined part. The supposed promo for the episode not even showed Penny. Even their sneak peek looked like an extended version of the promo, which is just a few lines of exchanges between the characters. IMO the promos or even the sneak peeks consist of scenes that are of only a few characters and it doesn't even tell if this episode doesn't have Bernadette or Amy in it (unless they ARE in the promo/sneak peek). If we are to depend on that line of thinking in making conclusions as to the increase in ratings, I say it's kind of a bit loose.

Though I would think that the increase in the ratings is because of the syndication and the increase in popularity of the show that's driving people into tuning in and curiously checking out what it is. And I don't doubt that fans who might've only caught an episode from seasons 1-3 get interested into tuning in up to the end of the episode because the premise or the only characters present were just as those from what they only know of.

Okay, enough of me blabbering. I love this show, don't get me wrong. I also loved the episode... so I don't even get why I'm blabbering here in the first place.

As Jean says, the public could have no way of knowing that it was a core 5 episode just from the promo, and I'm pretty sure very few people read taping reports and such. They tuned in because of the suspense created by the Sheldon/Raj/Howard storyline, period. I don't think that the general audience worries or cares about whether it's core 5 or Amy/Bernadette-heavy or Leonard/Penny-heavy or relationship-oriented or geeky-oriented, as long as the story is interesting and funny. This week's episode got the highest rating of the entire series, and it happened to be core-5; last week's episode got the second highest rating of the entire series by a small margin, and it happened to revolve entirely around two relationship storylines (Sheldon/Amy and Howard/Bernadette). Big deal. It just shows that the vast majority of people enjoyed both episodes.

I agree that in general, not having a clutter of 3 or 4 storylines in one episode works better. But at this point, giving a second-citizen status to Amy/Bernadette and saying 'oh, this episode was so great and people loved it because they weren't there', just because they came in later, seems unfair and unnecessary. There can be occasional great stories and episodes without them, and there can be great stories with them. In fact at some points in season 5 it was Raj's character who seemed more static and redundant than anyone else - thankfully they're giving him better material now.

And there have been plenty of cribs about the way they're handling Leonard/Penny. So the sentiment that just doing stories without the new girls will make everything better is simplistic and inaccurate, in the context of everything that's happening on the show.

• Like 3

These past two episodes have been very mediocre compared to the episodes prior to that. I'm getting progressively sick of the love-drama in the show, this episode would have been much better off without the L/P crap you had to go through to watch this. This show is just getting cringeworthy.

Edited by Ð駧í©á†éÐ ©ó®þ§é

sheldon be sheldon it could of been a good

hallween prank,since howard got him last year.

howard/raj back as bro--whats going to happen

to stuart have not seen him last 3 episodes.

ily was it great, it just came out with out thinking

about what was going to happen.

great show

Just think about this. Kaley got 3 minutes in the episode. At $350k per episode that is $7,000,000.00 an hour. Not bad if you can get it. ;-)

Remember that it took approximately 3 hours to make that episode. :)

These past two episodes have been very mediocre compared to the episodes prior to that. I'm getting progressively sick of the love-drama in the show, this episode would have been much better off without the L/P crap you had to go through to watch this. This show is just getting cringeworthy.

Then you're watching the wrong show, mate. This show has always been about love-drama, and will always be. Of course that's not the biggest part of the show, but it's necessary nevertheless.

• Like 3

Ayebee is exactly right, this a sitcom about a bunch of nerds and a pretty girl, but it is also been a love drama between Leonard and Penny. From the very first episode Leonard has had crush then love for Penny and Penny has always been drawn to Leonard, then deeply cares for him and now is in love with him. To change that now would ruin the show .

• Like 3

Then you're watching the wrong show, mate. This show has always been about love-drama, and will always be. Of course that's not the biggest part of the show, but it's necessary nevertheless.

No it hasn't, TBBT use to be unique but now the writers have turned it into the same generic crap you get on TV these days.

Ayebee is exactly right, this a sitcom about a bunch of nerds and a pretty girl, but it is also been a love drama between Leonard and Penny. From the very first episode Leonard has had crush then love for Penny and Penny has always been drawn to Leonard, then deeply cares for him and now is in love with him. To change that now would ruin the show .

I don't think Leonard cared about Penny in season 4 TBH.

Edited by Ð駧í©á†éÐ ©ó®þ§é

Maybe not. But instead he was getting desperate for a date, and then busy getting together with Priya, while Penny experienced jealousy and stuff. Cut it any which way, it was relationship drama.

• Like 1

No it hasn't, TBBT use to be unique but now the writers have turned it into the same generic crap you get on TV these days.

I'm sorry buddy, but I have to disagree here. The first episode of this show, was about how Leonard and Sheldon interacted with Penny, and that Leonard had a huuuuge crush on her. It started with a love-drama, and it hasn't changed. In almost all of the created episodes, love and relationships are the center of the show.

The show really hasn't changed that much when it comes to plots and storylines throughout these 6 seasons, even though many feel that way.

And what is this you're saying? That Leonard didn't care for Penny in season 4? What about that trip to the science conference (or what it was), when Penny had to stay in Leonard's room. Obviously, Leonard was still deeply in love with Penny, and tried to find away to get back together with her, however, Raj ruined it all in the end.

Edited by Ayebee

I'm sorry buddy, but I have to disagree here. The first episode of this show, was about how Leonard and Sheldon interacted with Penny, and that Leonard had a huuuuge crush on her. It started with a love-drama, and it hasn't changed. In almost all of the created episodes, love and relationships are the center of the show.

The show really hasn't changed that much when it comes to plots and storylines throughout these 6 seasons, even though many feel that way.

And what is this you're saying? That Leonard didn't care for Penny in season 4? What about that trip to the science conference (or what it was), when Penny had to stay in Leonard's room. Obviously, Leonard was still deeply in love with Penny, and tried to find away to get back together with her, however, Raj ruined it all in the end.

Ayebee, your analysis IMO is absolutely on target. What's more, anyone who actually believes that Leonard was over Penny in season 4 must have been watching a different show? It certainly wasn't TBBT. Leonard never stopped caring for Penny. Priya was so aware of it that she forbade Leonard to keep interacting with her. Even after Leonard spoke to Penny about what Priya told him to do he actually never stopped talking to her or caring. In the wildebeest implementation Leonard was shocked that Penny wouldn't tell him that she had an acting job or that she was dating someone. Priya was totally ticked at Leonard. Penny and Leonard have always had a connection throughout all of the seasons IMO.

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 1

Ayebee, your analysis IMO is absolutely on target. What's more, anyone who actually believes that Leonard was over Penny in season 4 must have been watching a different show? It certainly wasn't TBBT. Leonard never stopped caring for Penny. Priya was so aware of it that she forbade Leonard to keep interacting with her. Even after Leonard spoke to Penny about what Priya told him to do he actually never stopped talking to her or caring. In the wildebeest implementation Leonard was shocked that Penny wouldn't tell him that she had an acting job or that she was dating someone. Priya was totally ticked at Leonard. Penny and Leonard have always had a connection throughout all of the seasons IMO.

Indeed, in my "frustration" I forgot about all this. Spot on! And we mustn't forget that when Penny and Leonard parted ways, Leonard tried to stop her from leaving, by running after her yelling "Penny, wait!" only for him to smash into the door, due to his contacts.

• Like 1

The Leonard/Penny romantic relationship has been there off and on from the very beginning. It's when they added Howard/Bernadette and Sheldon/Amy that the show changed from unique to romcom oriented.

I'm getting progressively sick of the love-drama in the show, this episode would have been much better off without the L/P crap you had to go through to watch this. This show is just getting cringeworthy.

The Leonard/Penny romantic relationship has been there off and on from the very beginning. It's when they added Howard/Bernadette and Sheldon/Amy that the show changed from unique to romcom oriented.

Guys, guys, at least unite on the we-don't-want-romance front. ;)

Indeed, in my "frustration" I forgot about all this. Spot on! And we mustn't forget that when Penny and Leonard parted ways, Leonard tried to stop her from leaving, by running after her yelling "Penny, wait!" only for him to smash into the door, due to his contacts.

Excellent point! :)

Ayebee - now you're getting cruel down there. Those are two of my favorite Jim/Kaley/Sheldon/Penny moments. Hurray for distractions. :icon_rolleyes:

=' (

I'm just trying to blend in quickly with you guys in the forum. Even though I've watched the show for quite some time, i'm still a newbie here, so I thought the best way to gain friends here is to be cruel!

Mwahahah! :D

Penny's reaction was fantastic. The breaking of the voice, the trembling finger, her expression of shock, fear and vulnerability in the span of seconds was amazing. It is a shame that it was so fleeting. Such a big part of the series is second fiddle to a prank. Boooo, writers should be ashamed. An additional scene of her byherself processing what had happened would have been great. We all know how Loenard feels, it would me nice to have some insight in Penny's internal processing. The series starts with her feeling betrayed by her 4 year relationship with the caveman, is that what spooked her? Or is it based on Slugger's relationship with dear old dad Come on writers, we come for the comedy but stay for the love!

• Like 3