89 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Penny's reaction was fantastic. The breaking of the voice, the trembling finger, her exp<b></b>ression of shock, fear and vulnerability in the span of seconds was amazing. It is a shame that it was so fleeting. Such a big part of the series is second fiddle to a prank. Boooo, writers should be ashamed. An additional scene of her byherself processing what had happened would have been great. We all know how Loenard feels, it would me nice to have some insight in Penny's internal processing. The series starts with her feeling betrayed by her 4 year relationship with the caveman, is that what spooked her? Or is it based on Slugger's relationship with dear old dad Come on writers, we come for the comedy but stay for the love!

Extremely well said!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know its been mentioned but I just wanna say again that I'm really glad they made Leonard admit his insecurities to penny. When he said "its not you, its all in here (points to head) I need to work

What Penny brings into his life is something that he really hasn't got from any of the other women he's been with...Excitement. Because Penny is different from not only him but from the other women he

For me it's not a matter of leaving Amy and/or Bernadette out for the sake of the others or to recapture "the good old days" or anything like that. I think it's simply about what stories you want to

I guess we don't march in lockstep like the Lollipop Guild. :icon_twisted:

Ever heard of 'great minds think alike'? :icon_twisted:

And then we have this.

Come on writers, we come for the comedy but stay for the love!

Sometimes I feel sorry for the writers.

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 3

So I just went back and watched season 6 episode 3 again and seem to noticing some double standards here. Let's compare.

Penny sees Alex talking to Leonard, interprets it as flirting and confronts her about it saying "not everyone gets to work with him" and everything is fine and dandy

Leonard sees Cole and thinks hes flirting with penny so he confronts him and penny gets pissed? I mean sure Leonard did it in his own geeky way but the thought process behind both were the same?

Why is one okay but the other not?

• Like 1

So I just went back and watched season 6 episode 3 again and seem to noticing some double standards here. Let's compare.

Penny sees Alex talking to Leonard, interprets it as flirting and confronts her about it saying "not everyone gets to work with him" and everything is fine and dandy

Leonard sees Cole and thinks hes flirting with penny so he confronts him and penny gets pissed? I mean sure Leonard did it in his own geeky way but the thought process behind both were the same?

Well I pointed out the same thing few days back and DPK gave me the perfect answer :) Check this out

One thing I did not understand : Penny felt the exact same way in Alex's first episode,the way Leonard felt in this episode...she got jealous, insecure.....does'nt tell Alex that Leonard is her boyfriend.....she did not want Alex to "work" with him.....even though she knew how Leonard felt about her..... So her reaction seemed a little odd...

Not really, remember from her point of view it's "ok when she does it".

Anyway as it led it to ILY... So I guess we can just leave it :p

Edited by vasu

I think the difference was that Leonard is still clueless that Alex is crushing on him while Penny knows exactly what is going on with Alex and the problem Leonard is having with her friend. But I do agree there has always been a double standard between Leonard and Penny through the show. I am hoping they are going to use Alex to make that double standard clear to Penny.

• Like 1

Hi, can you people stop saying "I'm sorry buddy" to me everytime you start disagreeing with me? It's very annoying and I find it quite rude, thanks.

On behalf of the rest of "us people"... I'm sorry, buddy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Leonard didn't have any real evidence that Cole might be flirting with Penny--he was just insecure about the possibility--English accent, working together on a project, etc. He barely caught a glimpse of him leaving Penny's apartment and didn't really see any interaction between them that would allow him to assess whether or not there was any flirting going on.

Penny, on the other hand, saw Alex laughing and being attentive to Leonard at the cafeteria, and had a moment to assess whether or not it was flirting (she was laughing too much--"Leonard's not that funny") and it turns out that Penny's assessment was pretty accurate.

Leonard was simply reacting out of fear that Cole was going to flirt with Penny.

• Like 1

Leonard didn't have any real evidence that Cole might be flirting with Penny--he was just insecure about the possibility--English accent, working together on a project, etc. He barely caught a glimpse of him leaving Penny's apartment and didn't really see any interaction between them that would allow him to assess whether or not there was any flirting going on.

Penny, on the other hand, saw Alex laughing and being attentive to Leonard at the cafeteria, and had a moment to assess whether or not it was flirting (she was laughing too much--"Leonard's not that funny") and it turns out that Penny's assessment was pretty accurate.

Leonard was simply reacting out of fear that Cole was going to flirt with Penny.

Well I guess the only word appropriate here is "touche" haha

Penny would have blew a gasket if she saw how Alex acted around Leonard (and the email) this episode. Also, she would have been pissed at Leonard discussing their relationship with Alex, which is sad because he can't discuss their relationship with Penny so he has to talk to friend to try and get help.

Penny would have blew a gasket if she saw how Alex acted around Leonard (and the email) this episode. Also, she would have been pissed at Leonard discussing their relationship with Alex, which is sad because he can't discuss their relationship with Penny so he has to talk to friend to try and get help.

Well hopefully with the improvements this season and the ILY they will be able to fix that :D

I don't know that she would have been upset with Leonard for talking to Alex about their relationship. I think she knows that Leonard wants her (Penny) and not Alex--it's been his mission since he met her. I think she would only be angry with Alex for her response to him--flirting instead of helping. When she first saw Alex with Leonard she didn't get mad at Leonard for talking with Alex or laughing with Alex. She got territorial with Alex and wanted to make it clear that she (Penny) and Leonard were involved.

• Like 1

Or Penny could have spoken to Leonard awhile ago telling him her true feelings for him. Then he wouldn't of been paranoid. She told her girl friends that she loved him but not him. If Penny would just open up to him then Leonard would have known where he stood instead of constantly guessing and worrying. She caused his angst as much as his paranoia IMO.

I disagree with the underlined part. The supposed promo for the episode not even showed Penny. Even their sneak peek looked like an extended version of the promo, which is just a few lines of exchanges between the characters. IMO the promos or even the sneak peeks consist of scenes that are of only a few characters and it doesn't even tell if this episode doesn't have Bernadette or Amy in it (unless they ARE in the promo/sneak peek). If we are to depend on that line of thinking in making conclusions as to the increase in ratings, I say it's kind of a bit loose.

Though I would think that the increase in the ratings is because of the syndication and the increase in popularity of the show that's driving people into tuning in and curiously checking out what it is. And I don't doubt that fans who might've only caught an episode from seasons 1-3 get interested into tuning in up to the end of the episode because the premise or the only characters present were just as those from what they only know of.

Okay, enough of me blabbering. I love this show, don't get me wrong. I also loved the episode... so I don't even get why I'm blabbering here in the first place.

Alright then, let me rephrase that. The promo did not suggest any romantic storyline. It was the first time Howard and Raj have been back as a team for ages. There has been a lot of talk that people who prefer the main 5 are living in the past or something but this episode proved they still have it. There's something special about this combination of actors/characters that has made this show grow season on season. Yes the new additions are well cast and have brought in a new angle but I really enjoyed seeing the original 5 in an episode on their own. Also I mentioned the ratings of the episode because I have noticed that the ratings have been used against people who like the older shows, like it's some proof that this combo is long dead and we should all forget it now we have new characters.

I don't think we can say anything about whether or not this episode being an original five episode had anything to do with it's high ratings. Because that would entail that we knew for certain that everybody who saw the promo assumed the episode was going to have just the original five characters. There's no way to determine that.

What I can say is that the episode on the whole worked a lot better with just the original five because of how it was structured. It did give a little bit more of extra time to both of the storylines because they didn't have divy up the dialog in order to fit the two extra characters into the plot. While Melissa and Mayim are solid peformers, they still come after the original five when it comes to the totem pole and if an episode is going to work better without having to find a way to fit their characters into it I really hope the writers continue to exclude them every now and again. Besides, it's not like it's going to be like that for a lot of episodes as both actresses pretty much have full season contracts but I'd say 2 to 3 episodes without them if it helps in the way it did here is not only reasonable, I would think it should be expected. Even the actresses themselves know that as well.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Alright then, let me rephrase that. The promo did not suggest any romantic storyline. It was the first time Howard and Raj have been back as a team for ages. There has been a lot of talk that people who prefer the main 5 are living in the past or something but this episode proved they still have it. There's something special about this combination of actors/characters that has made this show grow season on season. Yes the new additions are well cast and have brought in a new angle but I really enjoyed seeing the original 5 in an episode on their own. Also I mentioned the ratings of the episode because I have noticed that the ratings have been used against people who like the older shows, like it's some proof that this combo is long dead and we should all forget it now we have new characters.

the episode before this one, The Habitation Configuration was the highest rated episode before this one aired. That promo did made a point about Sheldon being torn between Amy & Wil Wheaton. And yet no-one started saying it was so because Amy was on the episode or because it was a Shamy one according to the promo.

The argument of "it had the highest rating because M& M were not on it" is absolutely false and subjective, just as the statement of "the Hab Conf had the highest rating because it was a Shamy episode".

What works better or not regarding the episode itself is totally subjective as well. I didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to have. Maybe because I don't really care about LP anymore, even though, I admit, it was a sweet moment. I loved the Sheldon/Howard/Raj storyline, but to be honest I don't notice the HUGE difference a lot of people here seem have noticed just because M&M were not in the episode. It has nothing to do with it how many characters are on it, It has to do with the storyline.

And this episode DID have two other characters: Alex and Cole. SO it's not like it was ONLY core 5.

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 1

Might I suggest the simplest explanation: ratings are up because more people have discovered the show and therefore more people are tuning in on a week to week basis to stay caught up with it. I seriously doubt there's a large chunk of the viewing audience examining the promos and going "Hey, those annoying girls don't look to be in it this week, I guess I'll tune in live instead of catching it on the DVR."

• Like 4

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Might I suggest the simplest explanation: ratings are up because more people have discovered the show and therefore more people are tuning in on a week to week basis to stay caught up with it. I seriously doubt there's a large chunk of the viewing audience examining the promos and going "Hey, those annoying girls don't look to be in it this week, I guess I'll tune in live instead of catching it on the DVR."

Exactly

This should really go in the complaining topic, but then it would be a spoiler. We here in Australia get every episode the Tuesday after it's shown in USA, except tonight!!!! The best episode of the whole season and we miss out, but to make it worse they have decided to replay the worst episode ever, yep The Speckerman Recurrence.

Europa, yes, that IS the simplest explanation.

While I am very much a L/P Fan I see the writers using A/S to upstage them big time. I admit Sheldon has been stealing the show from the start. Adding Amy just cemeted them as the lead couple. IMHO

Cemented? ;) Hmmm, I can't deny that even if I do believe the billing has Johnny appearing first, Sheldon is the most familiar/popular character even to those who don't even watch the show, and that he is the favorite. And since a lot of people (both those who go to forums which includes this one and those who do not) like him and his girlfriend, they do seem to be turning into the lead couple. Still, for me, without using my shippy glasses, L/P is still the lead character for obvious reasons.

While I am very much a L/P Fan I see the writers using A/S to upstage them big time. I admit Sheldon has been stealing the show from the start. Adding Amy just cemeted them as the lead couple. IMHO

Also as a L/P fan if what you feel is true, which I'm not totally sold that it is, that would be good for the L/P relationship. They would then cause A/S all the problems instead of L/P. Let them suffer for awhile. From that point of view I would enjoy watching A/S fans squirm. They have been saved from that aspect but if they are the lead then it will have to hit them big time. Fans should be careful what they wish for. However, I don't think they are the lead couple. TPTB said they would concentrate on L/P and Penny's career this year and they have been doing a great deal of just that for the first part of the season. Now they need to dwell on the A/S dynamic for a time. L/P will be back in the forefront soon enough. When it comes to the sweeps they mainly show the big three. That won't change IMO. Also, the chemistry between Howard and Raj is so good they won't let that go either. There is only 20 minutes to work with, not a lot of time for so many relationships.

Edited by SodidIwin?

Also as a L/P fan if what you feel is true, which I'm not totally sold that it is, that would be good for the L/P relationship. They would then cause A/S all the problems instead of L/P. Let them suffer for awhile. From that point of view I would enjoy watching A/S fans squirm. They have been saved from that aspect but if they are the lead then it will have to hit them big time. Fans should be careful what they wish for. However, I don't think they are the lead couple. TPTB said they would concentrate on L/P and Penny's career this year and they have been doing a great deal of just that for the first part of the season. Now they need to dwell on the A/S dynamic for a time. L/P will be back in the forefront soon enough. When it comes to the sweeps they mainly show the big three. That won't change IMO. Also, the chemistry between Howard and Raj is so good they won't let that go either. There is only 20 minutes to work with not a lot of time for so many relationships.

Now I see why your previous posts were like that. hehe he he