So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Disgusted

Many people leave forums because they feel theyre not getting enough attention and love from other forum-members.

Unfortunately, most forums have so many members that any one member only gets very little attention, unless theyre prepared to make a ruckus.

So, for attention, it is better to go to facebook or join some very little forum with very little members. There, you can get attention, respect and friends plenty.

I think we have just found out what happens when you RAISE a Ruckus.

(I mean other than finding a lot of little Ruchus's (Ruckie's?), whatever.)

I, for one , will miss SOME of SHERMINATOR'S stories.

R.I.B. (Rest In Banishment)

I just needed a break. The show wasn't what it used to be for me. Quit cold turkey. I did not intend to return.

Maybe it's a clear ploy to get more fish...

Ahh, the title.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "series" written by Douglas Adams. Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The phrase has since been adopted by some science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye" and a song of the same name was featured in the 2005 film adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Oh cool.  Steve Molaro mentioned those books at Comic Con.  He said he wanted more references to them.  Learn something new every day.

Yes I am one of those easily amused people  :icon_razz:

I just needed a break. The show wasn't what it used to be for me. Quit cold turkey. I did not intend to return.

Ahh, the title.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "series" written by Douglas Adams. Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The phrase has since been adopted by some science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye" and a song of the same name was featured in the 2005 film adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

BUT WHY DID YOU USE IT FOR THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD.

I guess what I'm asking is what does "SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH" have to do with "CALVIN AND HOBBS"?

PS I'm a Huge fan of Douglas Adams !!

Edited by walnutcowboy

I guess what I'm asking is what does "SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH" have to do with "CALVIN AND HOBBS"?

Ok, sorry. There is no real relation

So long and thanks for all the fish-

The phrase has since been adopted by some science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye

That particular comic strip is symbolic, it's the last Calvin and Hobbes. Ever. Watterson stopped drawing it after that.

I admire that, even if I can't emulate it.