I was at the panel this year (2012). Johnny wasn't at the actual Q&A because his flight was delayed, but he was able to be at the BBT booth to sign stuff for whoever had wristbands (which I did not have- I wanted to go to another panel instead of wait for wristbands that I might have not even gotten).

Jim was talking via 'virtual presence device' which was really cute.

I have to say, though, not that I personally had any questions to ask, but the questions that were asked to the TBBT cast were the WORST and stupidest, most redundant questions I had heard in ANY panel the entire freaking weekend.

The cast were cute, though.

You posted this at an interesting time. I'm watching season 2 right now and Sheldon JUST told Leonard, "Look on the bright side. Only 9 months til Comic Con." which is weird since... it's 9 months away. Then I see this. :p

I already have my badge for next year and I'm sure they'll be there again.

Edited by Kyzzx

I was at the panel this year (2012). Johnny wasn't at the actual Q&A because his flight was delayed, but he was able to be at the BBT booth to sign stuff for whoever had wristbands (which I did not have- I wanted to go to another panel instead of wait for wristbands that I might have not even gotten).

Jim was talking via 'virtual presence device' which was really cute.

I have to say, though, not that I personally had any questions to ask, but the questions that were asked to the TBBT cast were the WORST and stupidest, most redundant questions I had heard in ANY panel the entire freaking weekend.

The cast were cute, though.

You posted this at an interesting time. I'm watching season 2 right now and Sheldon JUST told Leonard, "Look on the bright side. Only 9 months til Comic Con." which is weird since... it's 9 months away. Then I see this. :p

I already have my badge for next year and I'm sure they'll be there again.

And get asked the same stupid questions!

And get asked the same stupid questions!

Right?!

Don't you agree, though? The first time, the questions were fine, I suppose. But this year when I was there I heard all the questions I've heard before from the YouTube videos.

I even like when Kaley got asked, "Are you like your character in real life?" or whatever it was, and she said, "Well. I have neighbors?" and it was definitely 50/50 sarcastic/ trying to be nice. Ha.

Tell you what, if I get into the panel, I will ask a good question that you guys come up with!

I'll remember to post something next year about it.

• Like 1

I feel bad for them because they have to be nice and gracious and yet some people are so clueless about their questions, like they've never seen or read any cast interviews or seen clips from previouc ComicCons or whatever. No excuse, people! It's all out there on YouTube or wherever! Do your homework!!

I can't imagine that I'll ever get to go out there. I has a sad.

I guess one thing I'd like to ask has to do with a sort of "cross-pollination", for lack of a better term. Since they've been working together for the past 6 years, have any of them picked up any words or expressions from anyone else, or maybe a habit--good or bad--from their fellow classmates?

Oh, and I'd love to hear JP talk about working with Laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's mother.

Edited by phantagrae

I feel bad for them because it's people who don't even really keep up with the show who ask questions. You can tell when a bit of the more dedicated fans ask questions instead of just someone who wants an excuse to "talk to" the actors.

I feel the same way when going to tapings. Often times I'm sitting next to or in front of someone who's there with like, their mom... and someone will constantly ask, "Who's that? And that?" and the son will say, "That's Bernadette. She's married to Howard."

WHY ARE YOU AT A TAPING WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN WATCH THE SHOW?! Ajhdhflahsdfkjhaklsdhfasd.

Sorry, rant over.

• Like 1

I guess one thing I'd like to ask has to do with a sort of "cross-pollination", for lack of a better term. Since they've been working together for the past 6 years, have any of them picked up any words or expressions from anyone else, or maybe a habit--good or bad--from their fellow classmates?

Oh, and I'd love to hear JP talk about working with Laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's mother.

Good questions.

Jim has talked more than once about working with Laurie Metcalf (praising her highly), in his interviews; one was during the season 1 premiere party, and the other was in one part of a long interview during season 2, taken in a restaurant. (will try to post links in case you haven't seen them).

Also, Simon once praised Jim and called him the 'father figure' of their cast, saying that he's more disciplined and organized than anyone else and that helps the rest of them to be disciplined too, on the sets. I can't recall which interview it was in.

Edited by Pomita

Good questions.

Jim has talked more than once about working with Laurie Metcalf (praising her highly), in his interviews; one was during the season 1 premiere party, and the other was in one part of a long interview during season 2, taken in a restaurant. (will try to post links in case you haven't seen them).

Also, Simon once praised Jim and called him the 'father figure' of their cast, saying that he's more disciplined and organized than anyone else and that helps the rest of them to be disciplined too, on the sets. I can't recall which interview it was in.

Oh, I'd love to hear this stuff!! I feel like I've missed out on so much of the interviews and appearances and behind-the-scenes stuff because I came to the show a little late and came to the online sites even later.

Oh, I'd love to hear this stuff!! I feel like I've missed out on so much of the interviews and appearances and behind-the-scenes stuff because I came to the show a little late and came to the online sites even later.

Believe me man I feel u, I just got into the show this year!! Its so in depth and involved I feel like I've missed so much in TBBT universe lol

I would LOVE to go to Comic Con just for the Big Bang Panel! Perhaps sometime, any of you regulars can "show me the ropes". When and where to get my tickets online and what the hell I have to do have a chance to see them at panel. Heck, maybe some of us can go together next year :-).

Monique

Edited by MJistheBOMB

I would LOVE to go to Comic Con just for the Big Bang Panel! Perhaps sometime, any of you regulars can "show me the ropes". When and where to get my tickets online and what the hell I have to do have a chance to see them at panel. Heck, maybe some of us can go together next year :-).

Monique

First, you need to register for a Member ID. https://secure2.comi...n.org/memberid/

Click "new member ID" and go through the process until you verify it through your email.

Then you play the waiting game. Comic Con will send you an e-mail (I assume it'll be in January or February but I don't know yet, I already have mine so I opted out of the emails) when the tickets go on sale. The best and worst part about this is that they only send the email 2 or 3 days before they go on sale so people don't really have time to hear about it word of mouth. They do it to help with traffic and stuff like that. Anyway, you can PM me with any questions you have, but you need the member ID to do anything, first and foremost.

When is the next comic on?

July 17th-21st next year.

Edited by Kyzzx

Here goes.

Jim's series premiere interview:

Part of an old (2008) interview I love:

(last part, where he talks of Laurie Metcalf)

I strongly recommend watching the whole interview if possible. Informal, in-depth and entertaining, and makes you fall a little more in love with Jim. :)

• Like 1

What I found really interesting and that it's probably nothing but there was a time in this year's comic con when a kid asked if they understand the science stuff in the show and then Kaley took the moment and said something like "we're asked the same question every year and none of these guys understand" all the while Mayim was sitting just beside her. I know it really is nothing and maybe that Kaley was just tired of the questions but she should've thought about her answer first. It sounded as if it was a slap on the face to Mayim and her PhD and being a Math, Chemistry and Physics tutor.

Thanks, Pomita, for the clips. I had seen the 2nd one in all of its parts, but I'd never seen the first one--very cute!

I love that he talks about how when Laurie does the accent that she sounds like his own mother. I just love the way she fits in with the whole cast--she's like a den mother to that crazy little group. :)

And as a side note, I love that he had his zipper open during the photo line. Too funny!! :icon_biggrin::icon_eek:

Thanks, Pomita, for the clips. I had seen the 2nd one in all of its parts, but I'd never seen the first one--very cute!

I love that he talks about how when Laurie does the accent that she sounds like his own mother. I just love the way she fits in with the whole cast--she's like a den mother to that crazy little group. :)

And as a side note, I love that he had his zipper open during the photo line. Too funny!! :icon_biggrin::icon_eek:

You're welcome!

I also love the way he talks so coolly about his zipper on the interview. :icon_mrgreen: Jim's such a master of straight-faced funny.

Have you seen him with his mother on Martha Stewart?

You're welcome!

I also love the way he talks so coolly about his zipper on the interview. :icon_mrgreen: Jim's such a master of straight-faced funny.

Have you seen him with his mother on Martha Stewart?

Yes, I did! And I saw a clip of him on Letterman where he talked about how that segment was coming up. Apparently he was scheduled to go on her show, then they called and asked him if they could reschedule it to be a Mother's Day show and have his mother come on. Then Martha Stewart's people were talking to his mother about setting up the show. :p

Yes, I did! And I saw a clip of him on Letterman where he talked about how that segment was coming up. Apparently he was scheduled to go on her show, then they called and asked him if they could reschedule it to be a Mother's Day show and have his mother come on. Then Martha Stewart's people were talking to his mother about setting up the show. :p

He was hilarious when he described it. 'I have Martha Stewart's people talking to my mother. That's where it doesn't sound great, does it?' :icon_lol:

I love the little tidbits he gets in about his mother, in so many of his interviews. They seem to have an interesting mother-son bond!