The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Big Bang Theory Casts Bernadette's Mother

Oh, man. I remember her from Roseanne! I wonder if she'll be like how she was on that show or opposite.

Well that should be exciting... do we know anything about her? I don't ever really recall bernedette ever mentioning her mom except for her first date with Howard

I don't ever really recall bernedette ever mentioning her mom except for her first date with Howard

Me too, it is fuzzy that I think she may had said something about her mom in The Shiny Trinket Maneuver but I'm not sure.

I love Howard and Bernadette I don't mind them giving them story. I want to see more of Bernie's dad he was hilarious in season 5. I know Bernadette seemed to portray her mother as overbearing and annoying like Howard's mom only Catholic verison, but I wonder if they going to stick with that. I remember her character on Roseanne being a really uptight and annoying woman so I think she'll do the role well if thats the direction they're going for.

I just don't find them funny. Howard is funnier outside of scenes with Bernadette, I like the scene when he meet her Dad. I can only take Bernadette in small doses though. She's too much like a chipmunk, sometimes I think she's cute but mostly I just find her a bit overacted. Meagen Fay looks the part but I'm not familiar with her work.

Well that should be exciting... do we know anything about her? I don't ever really recall bernedette ever mentioning her mom except for her first date with Howard

Didn't she also run an illegal daycare or was that someone else?

I love Bernadette I find her adorable, and hilarious. I love way Melissa impersonates Howard's mother so well that their are fans who even think Melissa actually is the voice of Howard's mother and not Carol Ann Susi lol. I think having a married couple is interesting and makes them unique compared to others still in the will they/won't they phase of relationship sitcom drama. I actually think Howard and Bernadette scenes are pretty funny especially ones when she video chats with him while he's in space or space training and acting all crazy. I also really love how even though she wants Howard to move out, she cares enough about him to still stay at his mom places showing that when you get married you don't just marry that person, you marry their whole family. Howard/Bernadette may not be my favorite couple on show, but I find them a lot less annoying than whiny over top stereotypical drama of L/P relationship lately. I use to love L/P a lot more, but now its same old sam old. Howard/Bernadette actually move forward in their relationship and find better ways to solve their relationship squabbles and well I hope that they set an example for other couples on show that marriage can work and can still be fun and not boring at all. :)