The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.10 The Fish Guts Displacement (Dec. 6)

Your Episode Rating  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

What'd I miss? :icon_lol:

I'm a little surprised so many members rated this episode so highly. 6.11 was a stronger episode IMHO and it got a lot less approval. Hmmmm *thinking*

You said that there are more than two characters on the show. Yet all of your posts on here have been complaining about the same two characters. The only reason you call us out for being happy about a couple is because you can't stand to see people enjoying something you hate. Your toddler tantrums over something fictional is truly saddening.

So, my point is, you can't blame us for talking obsessively about something when you do exactly the same thing.

So true. After one of my first posts on this forum, I was immediately pounced on because I like Sheldon and Amy together....by someone who is the same age as my mother of all things. Childish much??? LOL. I don't have an issue with people who do not like where the show is going. It's when they start attacking ME and others for LIKING the show is what sets me off. Also, I can't feel sorry for those who bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and STILL keep watching it. I would have moved on to another show ages ago if I felt the need to come and complain daily like that.

Monique

• Like 1

I'm a little surprised so many members rated this episode so highly. 6.11 was a stronger episode IMHO and it got a lot less approval. Hmmmm *thinking*

Well a lot of people didn't like the dark themes of 6.11, plus shippers didn't really have much to get excited about. One does not underestimate the power of the shippers ;). But I do agree, I did enjoy episode 11 quite a bit. Even though I loved this one, it did make me cringe a tad, just because I'm a young and innocent soul :p.

So true. After one of my first posts on this forum, I was immediately pounced on because I like Sheldon and Amy together....by someone who is the same age as my mother of all things. Childish much??? LOL. I don't have an issue with people who do not like where the show is going. It's when they start attacking ME and others for LIKING the show is what sets me off. Also, I can't feel sorry for those who bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and STILL keep watching it. I would have moved on to another show ages ago if I felt the need to come and complain daily like that.

Monique

Yeah, the poor things aren't gonna do their mental wellbeing any good if they continue to torture themselves like this :(

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 1

And how is that different from being personally attacked for criticizing the show

Well, there is a difference between liking the show and criticizing the show. And if someone was just criticizing the show, I don't think there would be much of a problem. But being unnecessarily degrading and/or insulting to the show, over and over again, to the point of it looking as if that is your only purpose, well, if you can't see the difference, it goes to your lack of perspicacity.

• Like 2

Some nice sparring going on around here, I see. :)

We all criticize the show - specific scenes/episodes/dialogues/character directions which we don't enjoy or feel doubtful about. We also disagree about various things (even within ships!)

It's when vicious, single-minded maligning of the show in its present form comes across as someone's only motivation and interest, that the question 'why are they still watching' comes up rather naturally. Seriously, it looks like self-torture, and something I definitely wouldn't put myself through.

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 1

And how is that different from being personally attacked for criticizing the show? Looking up someone's age as if that has anything to do with anything? Kind of creepy isn't it? No wonder you like Amy. :icon_twisted:

Pot. Kettle.

You've basically strengthened our argument here by reminding us why we criticize people like you in the first place, not for criticizing the show, but making hateful and unnecassary remarks about the characters and the people who like them.

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I guess it has to do that both episodes being pretty different. 6x11 was rather dark and had a different pace to it. I did like it a lot, and I liked the darkness to it, but I see how it could have felt "off" for some. 6x10 despite being very Shamy heavy, it still had a more TBBT structure. 

6x10 went more for the shock and the laugh, 6x11 was more of a character background (really sad background) on Sheldon, Amy & Raj with some laughs but more emotional depth.

Edited by Sursonica

I guess it has to do that both episodes being pretty different. 6x11 was rather dark and had a different pace to it. I did like it a lot, and I liked the darkness to it, but I see how it could have felt "off" for some. 6x10 despite being very Shamy heavy, it still had a more TBBT structure. 

6x10 went more for the shock and the laugh, 6x11 was more of a character background (really sad background) on Sheldon, Amy & Raj with some laughs but more emotional depth.

Yes those are probably the reasons....

I guess I'm the minority. I wasn't keen in the H/B bit as everyone well knows, the shamy bit saved it. Sheldon showed some kindness to Amy and he's been a bit of a selfish git too many times, so that part was good. Not the spanking though, it was OC for Sheldon. He only just dry-cleaned a cushion claiming lipid residue now he's touching a bottom? Also Amy wanting to be spanked seemed off. Sure she has desires for Sheldon but she's also naive and inexperienced. This may be just my impression, but it seemed a little too 'adult' for the character.

And how is that different from being personally attacked for criticizing the show? Looking up someone's age as if that has anything to do with anything? Kind of creepy isn't it? No wonder you like Amy. :icon_twisted:

Pot. Kettle.

I looked up their age because I thought there was a 6 year old posting. Turns out they were wayyy older. BTW, I have never seen people attack you for criticizing. They only defend themselves when you're rude. You can dish it out but can't take it for some reason. UAEK

Monique

Edited by MJistheBOMB

Once again, your assumption, about me anyway,  is wrong.  I basically still enjoy the show or I WOULDN'T keep watching it. I stopped watching "Two and A Half Men" last year because it was no longer enjoyable.   But I fail to see the difference between those who constantly criticize Shamy and those who constantly adore it. If the issue is repetitiveness, both sides are equally guilty but only one side gets attacked for it. It  just depends on whose ox is being gored doesn't it?  

I wasn't even directing my post specifically at you. But yes, your responses do seem extremely negative towards the show most of the time, so it's not at all obvious that you still enjoy it (feels like a pleasant surprise when you make a rare comment to that effect).

Also, you don't just criticize the Shamy and/or Amy, you consistently make personal attacks on the actress as well as anyone who dares to like this aspect of the show. That's not cool. 'I enjoy seeing Sheldon/Amy together' or 'I dislike seeing Sheldon/Amy together' are opinions. 'She's ugly and any female who likes her character must be ugly and lonely too' is an underhand attack. In return, the only attack those who constantly complain about the show get is, 'then why do you keep watching it?' If these two comments seem equal to you in terms of rudeness and viciousness, I have nothing more to say.

Looking back, I suspect the mods might need to delete a few posts here, including mine. :p

Looking back, I suspect the mods might need to delete a few posts here, including mine. :p

haha, yeah, probably, in that case, this thread will have almost no posts by me left xD

Nice little bit of putting words in my mouth. I've never said anything like that. Isn't that a bit underhanded?

Now I'm not sure whether you specifically have made this comment. But I've seen a LOT of 'only frustrated spinsters can like Amy or want her with Sheldon' on this forum as well as imdb.

Certainly we've seen you bashing on the actress's own 'ugliness', labeling her as looking like a witch, and citing that as a reason why she shouldn't be on the show or with Sheldon. And you do your bit, along with some others here, to put down the intelligence of anyone liking her and/or relationships in general on the show ('lollypop guild' & c).

While it's a free country (and free internet) and you can say what you like, it's funny when you then go back and express surprise and injured innocence at people objecting to such attacks.

• Like 1

Some people seem to think that the Sheldon character should never have reached puberty and remain a 9 year old boy.  How terrible!  Sheldon overcomes his aversion to germs and tries to help someone he cares for, and somehow the sick person ends up being the bad person in the episode. 

• Like 2

Not at all. Let's just say that my opinion of you is the same as your opinion of me, and ignore each other in the future.

Sad part is, it would never even have to come to this if you didn't put people down for liking what you don't. Disagreeing with people is fine but not the way you do it:

"...the above post is exibit A of the kind of audience the show is catering to...."

That's what you FIRST said about me when I arrived here, remember? Had you took a different approach and said, "I don't agree because...." it would have never ended up like this. The fact that everything you say is either A, negative or rude towards other forum users OR B, you're defending your own words after people are offended by what you say should speak volumes to you.

Monique

Edited by MJistheBOMB

would not have expected this episode to get so many "excellents" in the poll.  O.o
That's exactly what I wrote a few pages back :) it just doesnt live up to that rating at all.

We obviously disagree with the direction of the show so how about we just leave it at that?  

Ok, done. I still feel you've been unnecessarily rude and demeaning at times to people who like Amy/Shamy/present direction of the show, even if I can't exactly quote what you said. But fighting online is so not worth the effort.

• Like 1

Greetings, all!  I've been lurking for a while and this is my first comment, well comments.

First, can't we all be nice?  The purpose of TBBT is to bring joy to people's lives (and money to producers' wallets, but that's beside the point), and it's sad to see the discussion turn contentious.

Second, maybe I'm a little more forgiving than some people, but I love what is happening with the show.  I'm a huge Shamy fan and IMO it's original and fascinating to see a fairly stable relationship that still retains a will-they-or-won't-they dynamic.  It's simultaneously touchingly sweet and riotously funny.  Four of the original five characters have grown and matured incrementally (like people do in real life), which keeps it fresh without changing what works about the show.  I'm anxious to see more development in Raj, but I have faith in these amazing writers that they will figure it out.

• Like 2