The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.10 The Fish Guts Displacement (Dec. 6)

Your Episode Rating  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Ok, done. I still feel you've been unnecessarily rude and demeaning at times to people who like Amy/Shamy/present direction of the show, even if I can't exactly quote what you said. But fighting online is so not worth the effort.

just for fun, and to give a little perspective. :icon_twisted:

GO FUCK YOUR MOTHER YOU TOOTHLESS SHIT MONKEY! :icon_eek:

now that is unnecessarily rude and demeaning. just sayin :icon_redface:

just for fun, and to give a little perspective. :icon_twisted:

GO FUCK YOUR MOTHER YOU TOOTHLESS SHIT MONKEY! :icon_eek:

now that is unnecessarily rude and demeaning. just sayin :icon_redface:

I don't find that rude or demeaning, just silly. Rude and demeaning is something that at least makes sense. :)

I just watched this episode again and Amy really stole the show. When she says "You want to spank me?", I die laughing. Howard was awesome too. Good stuff.

• Like 3

I just watched this episode again and Amy really stole the show. When she says "You want to spank me?", I die laughing. Howard was awesome too. Good stuff.

Agreed.  They had kind of a Lucy and Ricky Ricardo thing going on that episode.  Mayim was great in the screwball role.

• Like 1

My fiancé and I watched this episode together and just about died laughing. When Amy realized that Sheldon wanted to spank her, we woke up all of our roommates laughing hysterically. One of the best Shamy episodes ever.

• Like 1

I almost cried when Leonard stepped inside his apartment and said to himself, "She loves me." The way he had tears in his eyes and his voice was thick made me want to cry happy tears.

• Like 2

That little tremble in her voice makes my heart ache every time..

• Like 1

The scenes with howard and his father in law were hilariously awkward as it was meant to be. I dont know how Jim kept a straight face in the spanking scenes though :)

The scenes with howard and his father in law were hilariously awkward as it was meant to be. I dont know how Jim kept a straight face in the spanking scenes though :)

According to the taping report, Jim didn't find it easy to keep a straight face.  Mayim didn't either.

According to the taping report, Jim didn't find it easy to keep a straight face.  Mayim didn't either.

And he continued with the spanking after cut, amidst much laughter. :icon_biggrin:

I thought it was the rubbing he kept going at? LOL, in any case even in the final cut you can see that Mayim is trying really hard not to laugh. I still think this scene is hyped up a bit too much, but it is funny.

Jim does have an excellent deadpan poker face at times though, the funniest one was during the 100th episode and the erection business :)

You see, I hate that scene. It's such cheap predictable humor. Like Raj's gay innuendoes sometimes. I like sex jokes, don't get me wrong, but that one was so ridiculous, as oblivious as Sheldon can be about sex nobody can be THAT oblivious. 

• Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I thought it was the rubbing he kept going at? LOL, in any case even in the final cut you can see that Mayim is trying really hard not to laugh. I still think this scene is hyped up a bit too much, but it is funny.

it was both, the rubbing that lead Mayim to kick him to get him off her :icon_lol: and the spanking too, although with both of them laughing like children :D

I kinda wish that was to be included on the S6 blooper reel, but I have no hopes after them not including the butt-slap from TLA on the S5 blooper reel (which is my personal head canon that is the incident that inspired this episode's last scene)

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 1

You see, I hate that scene. It's such cheap predictable humor. Like Raj's gay innuendoes sometimes. I like sex jokes, don't get me wrong, but that one was so ridiculous, as oblivious as Sheldon can be about sex nobody can be THAT oblivious. 

I dunno--I think it was bostrich that suggested that it seems like Sheldon gets it when he himself is talking about sex, or when he knows everyone else is talking about sex, but if he's not thinking about sex and no one else has pointed it out, it doesn't occur to him.  It's like the way a kid can say something like that and not understrand why the adults find it so funny.

Sheldon is thinking about wood and lumber, not erections.  And the whole sheep/wood thing would totally escape him. :p

I dunno--I think it was bostrich that suggested that it seems like Sheldon gets it when he himself is talking about sex, or when he knows everyone else is talking about sex, but if he's not thinking about sex and no one else has pointed it out, it doesn't occur to him.  It's like the way a kid can say something like that and not understrand why the adults find it so funny.

Sheldon is thinking about wood and lumber, not erections.  And the whole sheep/wood thing would totally escape him. :p

I think it was just dragged out too long, that's what it is. I can see him not getting the sheep/wood thing, but when they started talking about erections... come on. 

He does get the double entendres sometimes, he's been getting all of Raj's lately.  That's why it's not very believable that it could go on for that long without him noticing. 

Also I liked what sheldon said when he turned back to amys place and said he cared about her well being :)

Edited by rachygd
  • Like 1

Also I liked what sheldon said when he turned back to amys place and said he cared about her well being :)

That's my favorite scene of the episode. :)

Does anyone doubt there will be an ugly-duckling-Amy-transforms-into-beautiful-swan-Amy episode coming up? How many previous shows have beaten that horse to death?  Bet the farm on it.  

True, but if they take this path, the twist will be in how much Sheldon will hate it; thinking homeostasis and the conversation with Penny about changing her shampoo here. He has no problem with Amy's looks.

Also, his first punishment choice of "locking her in stocks" is pretty BDSM too IMO, so perhaps domination is his 'deal'!

Loving Season 6 so far.

Does anyone doubt there will be an ugly-duckling-Amy-transforms-into-beautiful-swan-Amy episode coming up? How many previous shows have beaten that horse to death?  Bet the farm on it.  

True, but if they take this path, the twist will be in how much Sheldon will hate it; thinking homeostasis and the conversation with Penny about changing her shampoo here. He has no problem with Amy's looks.

Also, his first punishment choice of "locking her in stocks" is pretty BDSM too IMO, so perhaps domination is his 'deal'!

Loving Season 6 so far.

But and here is the question: Did he see any of that as sexual? The spanking? The locking her up? Any of it at all?