The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.10 The Fish Guts Displacement (Dec. 6)

Your Episode Rating  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Howard and his father-in-law might be funny. And Sheldon knows the protocol for looking after someone, he's always forcing everyone else to do it.

Which is interesting because now we'd get to find out if he could implement those protocols when it is him who's taking care of the sick.

From imdb.com:

"Howard tries to bond with Bernadette's father during a fishing trip. When Sheldon is obligated to take care of a sick Amy, she finds ways to take advantage of the situation."

• Like 1

So super excited about this one. i love the idea of SHeldon taking care of sick Amy. It means he's willing to overlook his extreme germphobia to take care of her so super SWEET! And it will help me with my own fanfic i've been writing for months now Schrodinger's catastrophe where amy was in a car accident and fell into a coma and just woke up from it, but is still sick in hospital. Seeing how BBT writers play out a similar scenario will help me keep them in character. THANKS TPTB! :D

Regardless of that special something that was the topic for most of the discussion in the spoiler thread, that is NOT the main reason this would be a brand, spankin' awesome episode.

hey guys!

i'm new & i'm super excited about that episode too! SHAAAMYY! :D

but I have one question, may sound silly but: where do i find all these taping reports & press releases & promo photos?

I'm dying to see them!

hey guys!

i'm new & i'm super excited about that episode too! SHAAAMYY! :D

but I have one question, may sound silly but: where do i find all these taping reports & press releases & promo photos?

I'm dying to see them!

The taping reports will be in the Spoiler Thread--you'll kind of have to dig for them.

The press releases and promo photos are usually in either the spoiler thread or in the thread for the individual episode itself, as here. You can also usually see promo spots and photos on CBS's official site for the show, or, if you're on Facebook, there's an official BBT page which will have the photos and promos.

I'm looking forward to this episode so much and yet I fear it won't air in the uk for some months.

On an unrelated note, re shamy, how come many people on here dig the shamy and yet on any press release/news article regarding TBBT people are slamming the whole shamy/amy thing and wanting her off the show? I love Amy and her relationship with Sheldon, personally, I just don't understand why there's this big difference between opinions on here and opinions elsewhere on the internet.

Some people think that anonymity online was the greatest thing that has ever existed so there's more bashing than appreciation of almost everything. Here's the catch here. If TBTP or even the management has been getting feedback that they hate Mayim or Amy and Shamy for that matter, then they would've cut her long ago. But it IS their decision to continue and if those people, those vocal minority does not like it, then boo hoo.

I actually don't see that much of a slamming elsewhere on the internet compared to here, I think the proportions are about the same. Most of the comments I read online on the Shamy (be it comments on videos/posts or actual articles and reviews) tend to be rather positive overall, or indifferent. There is a proportion of people who hate Amy but I don't think it's THAT many to be honest. Or the ratings wouldn't have kept going up after she joined the cast for good. I think the Amy (or Bernadette for that matter) haters are kind of like Shenny shippers, a VERY vocal minority.

Edited by spook

Sorry but I don't agree, because forum members are a strict minority. There's a mere 3-4 thousand registered on this forum and 17 million people watched the last episode of this show. The majority of people who post here are big fans and therefore positive about most, if not all, of the aspects of this show. There are only a very few who have other views and we no longer see many of them. To be honest, I don't know what the overall consensus of the individual characters on the show is, in the real world. You're not going to get a generalised view from this forum either, but if you like shamy there are plenty of people here who share that opinion.

I don't read reviews of the show/shamy reaction. You have me curious now.

Edited by Moonbase

Cannot wait for this one! Sheldon nursing Amy how amusing! :) I can see him being no help at all to her, very funny. and a awkward fishing 'chip' lol (that was actually mistake but I found it funny so I'll keep it in) with Howard!

Edited by LoveShamy

Moonbase said...

Sorry but I don't agree, because forum members are a strict minority. There's a mere 3-4 thousand registered on this forum and 17 million people watched the last episode of this show. The majority of people who post here are big fans and therefore positive about most, if not all, of the aspects of this show. There are only a very few who have other views and we no longer see many of them. To be honest, I don't know what the overall consensus of the individual characters on the show is, in the real world. You're not going to get a generalised view from this forum either, but if you like shamy there are plenty of people here who share that opinion.

I don't read reviews of the show/shamy reaction. You have me curious now.

I think that Daisy was referring to the comments on online articles, etc., in regard to Amy/The Shamy. I think that such posts are probably no more indicative of the fandom in general than posts here, and possibly less indicative, because there's no way to measure who these people are.

I do think that those fans who are focused enough to discuss their opinions in an ongoing forum are indicative of the shows core fanbase, even if only a small portion of it. I think that those who might really, really hate the Shamy probably wouldn't be watching much, or even if they are watching, then the Shamy aspect of the show isn't enough to keep them away or enough to cause a dip in the ratings.

With as much Amy/Shamy as we've had on the show, I would think that there would have been a decline in ratings overall if most viewers felt that her presence was ruining the show or whatever.

I agree, I see no way we are going to influence the selection of characters for this show, because basically there is not enough of us to make a difference in this forum. I think having new characters or even getting rid of characters (like Priya) keep the show interesting.

I'm even more excited about this episode than ever!  I really hope we get to hear Soft Kitty again!  "fingers crossed"    And I cant wait to see Sheldon taking care of Amy for a change. Ooh yep this could become my favorite episode ever if done right!